Next Manager

13 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

With power comes great responsibility, MT.

It’s like the hat has just become squid games.

is there a platinum or diamond category, where you can become a serial online murderer..

There was defo silver members but I can’t recall if bronze was one as well.

1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

All quite pessimistic Minijc. Big JC was an optimist - whether your named after the great Jimmy Calderwood or Jesus Christ - optimists. Yes Union Street is a mess repeated coonsils without a clue have brought that about. No the club's name clearly isn't as well known or as highly regarded as it was many years ago - but it's still a well known name. You see that when we sign players from around Europe. And I agree the execution has been poor - but it was born out of ambition. Cormack wants to energise things - he has ambition and vision. He got some things wrong - I'm sure he would admit that but I've got to admire his balls. If I had sunk millions into AFC much as a Iove it to take the shit that is dished out by ungrateful so called fans and to put up with the inadequate performances of the collective effort - I would be close to packing it in. If we get beat I can hardly speak to anyone civilly for about five days - he has to pick himself up and motivate others. So he definitely has ambition and he doesn't give up easily. Anyway - back to Aberdeen it's hugely attractive to anyone with ambition. With  a bit of luck and a lot of patience we might make some progress . Hopefully JT will improve minijc's positivity. COYR

Cheers Mr Gunn.

1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Tremendously exciting appointment. Cormack has really pulled a rabbit out of the hat. Let's get right behind the Viking revolution and remember this is a very big job. A complete overhaul is required and things won't be put right overnight. 

So with that in mind I'm going to be ultra patient and I'm willing to get fully behind the new management team for at least two years win, lose or draw. 

Time for us all to park the negativity. Put the knives away and unite as one. If we do that the sky is the limit. 

I hear you and I admire the optimism. It’s a big gig and miracles shouldn’t be expected, but to some extent they will be. He will get 2 transfer windows before the pressure really ramps up, but even if we sign and lose non of the current squad (hypothetically) the expectation from the fans will be that we’re still in the top 4 or 5 next season, from the get go. 
we’re a fickle bunch, sadly and not renowned for patience. 
the sentiment behind your post is bang on, just can’t see it playing out like that for 2 years, if there isn’t a material improvement. 

I’m not being negative, just basing this on the majority of our history and treatment of managers post 1990. We will demand immediate and sustained improvement.

I think he will get the benefit of the doubt from the fans as, unlike at least 2 of the last 3, he has a history in management, a tactical identity that he will hopefully stick to and won't be relying on his brother in law to run the team. 

• Upvote 2

Whoever we get, whether it ends up being this lad or someone else, can we please try and all commit to giving them a couple of seasons to get us right? As long as they don't put us in relegation shit like the last few have managed with us. 

If we are mid table but a project is building, then lets just keep the heid.

(This is just a message for the rest of you. I retain the right to piss in the bed if we're shite next season. :thumbup1:)

8 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Record reporting that Leven is set to stay on as part of the coaching team once Thelin arrives. 

Seems to be a decent coach. Got absolutely no problem with him staying on if it's what Thelin wants

It’s a risk, like all managerial appointments are, and the “data” indicates more Daniel Stendals and Ebbe Skovdals than not, in Scottish fitba.

But, the club should be applauded for this approach. Not exactly rocket science, as a large sample size from this fine fans forum could have told them that a foreign manager was the way to go. Let’s get behind him and hope the RedShed lay off the chants, should things get off to a slow start

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

One that might lose out is Jonny Hayes. Think he was after a coaching job with the club when he retires this summer. That post might not be available now. 

Can see him going to ICT, as part of a new coaching setup next season

17 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Record reporting that Leven is set to stay on as part of the coaching team once Thelin arrives. 

Makes perfect sense.

Like what I am reading about Thelin.

It will take time for consistent improvement to kick in but with Leven around that can only assist that process. 

I am one of Cormack's biggest critics but, for once, I will give credit where credit is due.

I have a good Thelin about this potential appointment. COYR!!

18 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Makes perfect sense.

Like what I am reading about Thelin.

It will take time for consistent improvement to kick in but with Leven around that can only assist that process. 

I am one of Cormack's biggest critics but, for once, I will give credit where credit is due.

I have a good Thelin about this potential appointment. COYR!!

No point in getting these guys over from Sweden if Cormack continues to micro manage the club and recruit the squad on his laptop. He needs to act like a normal chairman otherwise Thelin will be away in 12 months.Wonder if any developments on the new technical director?

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
34 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

One that might lose out is Jonny Hayes. Think he was after a coaching job with the club when he retires this summer. That post might not be available now. 

Hayes already has a coaching position within the youth set up and a post within the community trust, he is set up for a Simmie type after playing career

19 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Yeah, I thought Hayes was going to be part of the youth coaching set up, which I guess will be outside Thelin's remit.

Are we still looking for an Academy Director or have we found someone for that role since Levey left?

Perhaps Hayes will be the academy director?  Given the club have failed to fill that position for a year now.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, minijc said:

Perhaps Hayes will be the academy director?  Given the club have failed to fill that position for a year now.

Not sure if he’s qualified enough ? But it seems likely imo 

26 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

No point in getting these guys over from Sweden if Cormack continues to micro manage the club and recruit the squad on his laptop. He needs to act like a normal chairman otherwise Thelin will be away in 12 months.Wonder if any developments on the new technical director?

Well this is the main issue really. I assume he’s been given assurances that he will have a good amount of control over things and less from Cormack