Next Manager

Still curious as to the order that this is being done. Are we recruiting a new head coach and assistants before sporting/technical director?

In which case, are we then recruiting a technical/sporting director to fit with the head coach’s approach. Is that the approach that the entire footballing operation will adopt?

All seems a bit back to front still. 

Never mind the FMB and personnel on it  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, super_al said:

Aye, like one with the experience of managing over 1500 games. Are you with me?

Please never say are you with me again. I want to completely forget that imbecile ever managed our club.

Hopefully mr Thelin can do that for us 

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Unless he gets free reign to completely change the squad and money to spend he will be on a hiding to nothing.

Why would he need to change the squad? Thought the fans were the problem? 🙄

5 hours ago, minijc said:

Actually lets go through this, Aberdeen the city is on it's fucking knees, with a high street that looks horrendous.

I don 't think the clubs name is as recognisable as it once was, in fact I know that the club has a wee bit of a bad reputation amongst players, coaches and agents throughout the game.

It's all fine and well having an ambitious board but their execution thus far has been diabolical, could argue that ambitious boards don't hire Glass, Goodwin and Robson, they then don't panic and take in Neil Warnock whilst fucking about for 3 months to get a permanent manager.

If we paid Glass, Goodwin or Robson anything close to a championship level wage then that just proves how utterly fucking clueless some people at the club are.  It's also not a brag when you hire inept people, that's just a huge waste of fucking money.

Things have went wrong due to poor execution from this making the decisions, inexperienced managers and director of football, total abandonment of the strategy and philosophy.

All quite pessimistic Minijc. Big JC was an optimist - whether your named after the great Jimmy Calderwood or Jesus Christ - optimists. Yes Union Street is a mess repeated coonsils without a clue have brought that about. No the club's name clearly isn't as well known or as highly regarded as it was many years ago - but it's still a well known name. You see that when we sign players from around Europe. And I agree the execution has been poor - but it was born out of ambition. Cormack wants to energise things - he has ambition and vision. He got some things wrong - I'm sure he would admit that but I've got to admire his balls. If I had sunk millions into AFC much as a Iove it to take the shit that is dished out by ungrateful so called fans and to put up with the inadequate performances of the collective effort - I would be close to packing it in. If we get beat I can hardly speak to anyone civilly for about five days - he has to pick himself up and motivate others. So he definitely has ambition and he doesn't give up easily. Anyway - back to Aberdeen it's hugely attractive to anyone with ambition. With  a bit of luck and a lot of patience we might make some progress . Hopefully JT will improve minijc's positivity. COYR

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Name the quakers MT min? Spice it up.

Immediately, Big Hat logan springs to mind

But maybe not,  too obvious, I'll think about it 

I'd also ask it's just a sinbin  - ban is too harsh

But I'll negotiate for maybe 3 sin bins in lieu of one outright banning

@Bebo, thoughts?

• Upvote 1
Just now, Millertime said:

Immediately, Big Hat logan springs to mind

But maybe not,  too obvious, I'll think about it 

I'd also ask it's just a sinbin  - ban is too harsh

But I'll negotiate for maybe 3 sin bins in lieu of one outright banning

@Bebo, thoughts?

I think it's a great idea. No better man to dish out the punishment either.

(I suggest @Ten Caat)

• Haha 1

Tremendously exciting appointment. Cormack has really pulled a rabbit out of the hat. Let's get right behind the Viking revolution and remember this is a very big job. A complete overhaul is required and things won't be put right overnight. 

So with that in mind I'm going to be ultra patient and I'm willing to get fully behind the new management team for at least two years win, lose or draw. 

Time for us all to park the negativity. Put the knives away and unite as one. If we do that the sky is the limit. 

• Upvote 5
30 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Lotta folk quaking in their boots currently 

SO many potentials though 

With power comes great responsibility, MT.

It’s like the hat has just become squid games.

is there a platinum or diamond category, where you can become a serial online murderer..

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bebo said:

As a former gold member, you get a one time ban card. 

Use it wisely. 

Aw naw. 
A love Aberdeen, but what a love the most, is the folk from Aberdeen, handsome wonderful human beings+MT.