Next Manager

30 minutes ago, RUL said:

Not sure if he’s qualified enough ? But it seems likely imo 

Aye maybe but how qualified do you need to be?  I get the feel that the old way was very much 'if your face fits' some very good players ignored and left to go elsewhere, hopefully that changes with a new guy in there.

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Does that not smack of jobs for the boys?

Possibly but I believe he's highly regarded and we often use his idea for presentation about the youth set up, I could be wrong, just what I was told.

1 hour ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

One that might lose out is Jonny Hayes. Think he was after a coaching job with the club when he retires this summer. That post might not be available now. 

Surely could stick with coaching the age group players for now. Leven may well get a manager's job himself in another season or 2 and he'd then be able to step up to be our 1st team coach by then.

If he has ambitions management wise though he probably should get out to a lower league club asap either as 1st team coach or maybe even as manager (might even be able to continue playing at that level for another season alongside)

Thelin will/should do whatever the fuck he wants regarding the coaching set up. If it means cutting Leven and Hayes so be it...

Brutal world sometimes unfortunately, but it's needs shaken up. Were currently 9th in the league.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
8 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

I hear you and I admire the optimism. It’s a big gig and miracles shouldn’t be expected, but to some extent they will be. He will get 2 transfer windows before the pressure really ramps up, but even if we sign and lose non of the current squad (hypothetically) the expectation from the fans will be that we’re still in the top 4 or 5 next season, from the get go. 
we’re a fickle bunch, sadly and not renowned for patience. 
the sentiment behind your post is bang on, just can’t see it playing out like that for 2 years, if there isn’t a material improvement. 

I’m not being negative, just basing this on the majority of our history and treatment of managers post 1990. We will demand immediate and sustained improvement.

Let’s be honest, even if he gets 3rd next season expectations will simply revert to McInnes era and some folk will go back to moaning about the quality of the football and raging over every shit performance against Rangers or Celtic. 

• Dildo 1
17 minutes ago, minijc said:

Aye maybe but how qualified do you need to be?  I get the feel that the old way was very much 'if your face fits' some very good players ignored and left to go elsewhere, hopefully that changes with a new guy in there.

Possibly but I believe he's highly regarded and we often use his idea for presentation about the youth set up, I could be wrong, just what I was told.

His barkit puss would struggle to fit in anywhere. 

Thelin needs to be given a lot of time, I can't stress this enough, if we are bottom 6,  10 games in so be it, for him to implement his style will certainly not be done overnight and I'm not sure how many of our current squad could actually play it.

.The press will be all over this as he's not one of theirs so we need to stand by him, otherwise it will be another shit show and that's exactly what the press and pundits want. 

I've watched lots of videos of Elfsborg and you can see with a higher level of player that he currently has we could certainly mix things up a bit, but it will take time

I'm delighted he's taken a few of his staff with him, think this will make a big difference and I was already impressed with the new HOR appointment, think that was a great appointment that really went unnoticed so.....

Fuck em all, Stand Free

• Upvote 4
22 hours ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

Would be such a great fit if somewhere in the clubs history there was a swedish connection

For sure.

Apparently Jack Mackenzie's favourite band is Bob Hund.

14 hours ago, Iraq_Red said:

I remember hearing that the Swedish League shuts down at the start of June for few weeks due to it being the Euro Championship and that is where the natural break would be to allow Jimmy to start with AFC. 

Elfsborg are away to Gothenburg on June 1st.

Their next match after that is at home to Brommapojkarna on July 6th.

So yeah sounds aboot right.

With love, from Basra.

2 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

One that might lose out is Jonny Hayes. Think he was after a coaching job with the club when he retires this summer. That post might not be available now. 

Exactly the sort of luxury we don't have at the moment.  Tough on Jonny yes but was Jonny bothered when the last three years were tough on supporters?

1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

Thelin needs to be given a lot of time, I can't stress this enough, if we are bottom 6,  10 games in so be it, for him to implement his style will certainly not be done overnight and I'm not sure how many of our current squad could actually play it.

.The press will be all over this as he's not one of theirs so we need to stand by him, otherwise it will be another shit show and that's exactly what the press and pundits want. 

I've watched lots of videos of Elfsborg and you can see with a higher level of player that he currently has we could certainly mix things up a bit, but it will take time

I'm delighted he's taken a few of his staff with him, think this will make a big difference and I was already impressed with the new HOR appointment, think that was a great appointment that really went unnoticed so.....

Fuck em all, Stand Free

Good summary, some patience will be key while possibly not easy at times, however we need to give the new Management Team time to implement their ideas.

You are spot on re the media and pundits, we are slaughtered, gaslighted and marginalised with negative coverage at every opportunity. This is where we as fans have to step up and play our part and get right behind the team, and club, even when things aren’t going well. Some sections of our support feed off their narrative which we need to start avoiding…..

Big credit is due to the Red Shed lot this season, home and away, who have kept a positive atmosphere going under difficult circumstances on the pitch at times. 

Fuck em all and Stand Free!

• Like 1

Fuck em all, Stand Free

He certainly should not be bottom 6 after the first round of fixtures.

He's easily got capacity to bring in around 5 players during pre-season based on who is leaving and another 5+ players by the end of the window based on who is likely to leave.

That is more than enough to get going with and also the 4 league cup games are really good pre season games to have

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He certainly should not be bottom 6 after the first round of fixtures.

He's easily got capacity to bring in around 5 players during pre-season based on who is leaving and another 5+ players by the end of the window based on who is likely to leave.

That is more than enough to get going with and also the 4 league cup games are really good pre season games to have

It requires the players here buying into what he wants to do.  Setting up his style of play will take time, I fear we'll get a lot of injuries too due to the nature his style.

I would say it'll take 3 windows before we are at our very best, bottom 6 next season wouldn't be a massive shock surprise though.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, sigh said:

Its all very silent on the official Club news, no comment, still a long way to go before an appointment announced.

Lets hope they get an agreement and an appointment soon.

Agreed.   The glass half empty in me keeps thinking this could still go all tits up.. Hopefully we are beyond that stage and it’s just a case of his current club sorting out a replacement before officially taking over ( ideally before 1st June ).   I suppose it’s a difficult one to make an official announcement when he is  still manager of another club.  

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

It requires the players here buying into what he wants to do.  Setting up his style of play will take time, I fear we'll get a lot of injuries too due to the nature his style.

I would say it'll take 3 windows before we are at our very best, bottom 6 next season wouldn't be a massive shock surprise though.

One of the things he is known for is having 4 wide players in his squad.
Two run their arses off for an hour, then he subs on 2. 
The two wide players are very important to the way his teams play 

We currently have no-one suitable or good enough to fulfill that (please don’t mention Morris).

So, among other things, multiple wide players needed.

We don’t have many players in general that suit his style of play.

Assuming this gets confirmed, it’ll be another massive overhaul. 

Again assumption here, but Miovski, Duk & Barron leaving will generate a large amount & there could be around £3m from Ferguson moving on.

£10m+ in the bank if all that happens.

We can bank £6m-£7m & rebuild with the rest. 

Fuck em all, Stand Free

I wouldn't say 10 games is a lot of time.  We might need to be a bit more patient than that depending on how the summer window goes.