Next Manager

9 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Was against Lennon previously but now I’d take him 

I’d take anyone with decent experience 

ANYONE 

Is Lennon any good though?

Either one of us could’ve managed Celtic to win leagues & cups in Scotland. 

Hardly pulled up trees at Hibs. 

Add in the the fact he’s a loathsome, horrible cunt who falls out with people at his clubs.

Yes, he’ll be better than Robson, but fuck me, that’s a very low bar. 

37 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No.

Just no. 
Horrible individual. 
I’ve never hated a Dons manager from day 1. 
That would change with him. 

If Lennon was appointed, I’d be so pissed off. 

That said, I do agree, he’d be a definite candidate they’d look at.

But, just please no  

Not comparing them at all in terms of skillset, merely in character but I'm sure there's fucking thousands of fans of multiple clubs that have said the same about Jose Mourinho.

If Lennon was appointed I'd be pissed off too, that it has come to this. That they've had the past three years to get someone proper in and we've ended up here with this odious cunt...but I still think that's what is needed right now.

2 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Looks like the new players signed are mostly gap fillers, no real quality in them from what I can see although I’d be happy to be proved wrong. Either that or they are out of position or not used to different formations ( 3 at back etc. ) 

Gap fillers on hefty 3 year contracts.... awfull business by the club yet again.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, Roberto said:

And we stick with Robson then this season has the potential to be abysmal.

Ross County 2 games he has my backing, for now. Then I'll assess.

I don't want him here as I think he's out of his depth but he gets those 2 games. Frankfurt I'm not including or even listening/watching. A performance for those travelling is all I ask.

I cba really getting myself in a major state about it however. I've seen this all before. Many many many times.

I’m aware. I was more referring to the amount of people who were against the idea of someone like wilder because he might leave for a better job in the future 

10 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Not comparing them at all in terms of skillset, merely in character but I'm sure there's fucking thousands of fans of multiple clubs that have said the same about Jose Mourinho.

If Lennon was appointed I'd be pissed off too, that it has come to this. That they've had the past three years to get someone proper in and we've ended up here with this odious cunt...but I still think that's what is needed right now.

Lennon > Mourinho is one massive leap

Lennon did fuck all at Hibs, fell out with folk & left when they were in the bottom 6. 

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

After pondering it over a few G&Ts and a bottle of Cognac chaser, I bet Diamond Dave has absolutely considered announcing himself as manager.

It's a drunken twitter post away.

He's teetotal, or was but given how the season is going if I was him I'd be right back on the good stuff.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Yep, he'd be my choice albeit I'd be holding my nose if we did appoint him. He's an odious prick of a human being but a competent odious prick in Scottish league managerial terms

This season is virtually a write off already but he'd steady our ship, making us at least difficult to beat, especially at home, and give us a chance of scrambling a top 6 finish by season's end assuming he would be backed financially to bring in 2 or 3 recruits in January.

1 hour ago, ahead on alphabet said:

No brainer as the phrase goes

Deary me lads. Get a grip eh?

• Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lennon > Mourinho is one massive leap

Lennon did fuck all at Hibs, fell out with folk & left when they were in the bottom 6. 

As I said, not comparing their level of competence. You know what I was getting at.

He took Hibs up first season, qualified for Europe the second, clearly had his head turned by Celtic in the third and left. I think the only thing we are going to agree on here is that he is an odious cunt.

Toni Kombouare is available after leaving Nantes last season. Track record of turning around teams in trouble, playing attacking football, integrating youth, winning cups and before going stale after about 3 years.

However, I think Aberdeen are still trying to move to Cormack’s process from McInnes (Glass a step forward, Goodwin two steps back and Robson half a step forward) and Kombouare could take a leap there before moving on.

Sadly I think it will be some cheap journeyman who gets it-just hope the board are already thinking about it in case they need to act soon!

13 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

Toni Kombouare is available after leaving Nantes last season. Track record of turning around teams in trouble, playing attacking football, integrating youth, winning cups and before going stale after about 3 years.

However, I think Aberdeen are still trying to move to Cormack’s process from McInnes (Glass a step forward, Goodwin two steps back and Robson half a step forward) and Kombouare could take a leap there before moving on.

Sadly I think it will be some cheap journeyman who gets it-just hope the board are already thinking about it in case they need to act soon!

I’m sold. It’s time for T-bone.

1 hour ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

Toni Kombouare would be a goid appointment but I don't think he could stomach cormack one bit.