Next Manager

40 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

What did he ever do as manager of Aberdeen to become a 'cunt' ??

I'm truly interested in the reasoning behind this, and why some thick as shit Dons fans detest him so much. 

Totally agree with you - some of our support are beyond the pale. McInnes restored our status and won our last trophy (which could be the last trophy we will win for another decade).

Although I agreed that he had to go after the staleness that had developed he does not deserve to be disrespected by Aberdeen fans.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

What did he ever do as manager of Aberdeen to become a 'cunt' ??

I'm truly interested in the reasoning behind this, and why some thick as shit Dons fans detest him so much. 

Apart from the obvious, by which I mean putting hun Infront of cunt, not a great deal. Regardless of this though I'd have him back tomorrow if it meant Robson was nowhere near the first team. I'm certain he'd get a team out of that and up the league pronto. The only running discussion then would be whether or not he'd bottled it v huns/Celtic. 

5 minutes ago, brunstanesheep said:

Out of interest who was interested? Robson getting us to Europe seems a conveniant smoke screen for no other cunt wanting it.

4 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Any idea who else we actually spoke to at the time and if any of them were keen?

We could have had Chris Wilder as our manager had one of the useless ones at the club actually done his job properly.

5 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

Maybe not, you i and everyone else has no idea to the details of his deal. The sad fact is that whilst it's early in the season and we aren't detatched, he's going nowhere for a while yet.

I think thats the sad reality. And with this being the last season for a while for guaranteed group stages, could be a costly decision.

This has all the hallmarks of a stick or twist pile of dogshit season ahead. 

I’m sure everyone on here simply wants Robson to succeed. I’m losing my fucking mind however watching him play Clarkson that deep and be expected to shell balls OVER the midfield. We didn’t have a second half shot on target till the 81st minute. It clearly doesn’t work. And Robson believes it will. So he’ll persist. And persist. And again persist. Till he gets the dunt. And out season will already be a shitshow by then. Seen this  movie before. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, The Lighthouse said:

Totally agree with you - some of our support are beyond the pale. McInnes restored our status and won our last trophy (which could be the last trophy we will win for another decade).

Although I agreed that he had to go after the staleness that had developed he does not deserve to be disrespected by Aberdeen fans.

So stop touting him every time We have a set back then.

(not you specifically)

1 minute ago, TerryMcDermott said:

This has all the hallmarks of a stick or twist pile of dogshit season ahead. 

mum sure everyone on here simply wants Robson to succeed. I’m losing my fucking mind however watching him play Clarkson that deep and be expected to shell balls OVER the midfield. We didn’t have a second half shot on target till the 81st minute. It clearly doesn’t work. And Robson believes it will. So he’ll persist. And persist. And again persist. Till he gets the dunt. And out season will already be a shitshow by then. Seen this  movie before. 

I think a lot of us are going to feel like throwing up when we see him line up against Frankfurt with three at the back. 

1 minute ago, TerryMcDermott said:And Robson believes it will. So he’ll persist. And persist. And again persist. Till he gets the dunt. And out season will already be a shitshow by then. Seen this  movie before. 

Nutshell.  This.

The back 5.  The “fan’s manager.”  The better players than the collective team.  The one goal down and chucking it.

Been there.  Done that.

I think we can forget ever getting an experienced man in under the current regime. Cormack won't allow it. He knows that his authority will get challenged. Can you imagine a manager with his head screwed on signing off on a 3 year deal for Polvara? Or selling Ramadani without guarantees his replacement is in the door soon after? 

Not a chance Cormack will want that. Tippex teeth loves to stick his beaky nose into everything. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I think we can forget ever getting an experienced man in under the current regime. Cormack won't allow it. He knows that his authority will get challenged. Can you imagine a manager with his head screwed on signing off on a 3 year deal for Polvara? Or selling Ramadani without guarantees his replacement is in the door soon after? 

Not a chance Cormack will want that. Tippex teeth loves to stick his beaky nose into everything. 

Going by how inept Robson is I wouldn’t be surprised if he told Dave he didn’t need a Ramadani replacement because he had Polvara who can do the job

31 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If Burrows has a big say, & he obviously will, you’d think he’d be keen on Robinson.

He’s just signed a long-term contract though, so he’d be expensive.

And I’m not suggesting he should be manager, just saying he’d be on Burrows list I’m sure. 

Could do a lot worse than Robinson

Robinson and Mackay have similar win rates I think.

Either would have been a good replacement after Glass.

Then we fucked up giving it to Goodwin despite little evidence he was good enough.

Then Robbo.

The first 2 would be better but feels like we need to find someone a bit of a level above these guys now. A lot needs sorted out at the club.

We should also be looking at replacing Gunn imo, or at least changing his responsibilities to move him away from recruitment.