Aberdeen 2 - 3 PAOK

This will be the first game i've managed to watch (on tv) since thr group stages started. Canna wait to see how we get on against a decent side. Give us hope for the return leg in a couple weeks is all im looking for, Don't want to be going to Greece worrying about us getting a hiding. 

Be the first game in 5 years i'll have seen us in the flesh. Roll on the return leg! 

16 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Group stages are over rated let's be honest. Good income for the club. I think European football is better when it's straight knock out - maybe why it makes qualifiers more enjoyable (for me).

Could be a fair shout. Group stage football is over very quickly if you don't start well. 

Regardless though, this is the furthest the club has been in a European competition in 15 years, if this isn't appealing to fans, what is? 

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Copenhagen the last one?

It would be indeed, McInnes got some decent results in Europe but all away from home, the home games always tended to be an anti climax.

Lets hope there is a better atmosphere than the Helsinki game as it was very flat all game and never got going.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think the apathy may be more to do with the awful football that’s churned out? 

To me, it don't really care what kind of football we are playing, if we are in a group stage match of a European competition I'm going to it.

That's not to say I don't understand that others simply do not want to pay to go and watch shite fitba being played on a cold evening, fair enough. 

For me it's a no brainer though, and I'm just a wee bit surprised that there's not 20,000 folk (or whatever the capacity is these day) with the same outlook. 

11 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

To me, it don't really care what kind of football we are playing, if we are in a group stage match of a European competition I'm going to it.

That's not to say I don't understand that others simply do not want to pay to go and watch shite fitba being played on a cold evening, fair enough. 

For me it's a no brainer though, and I'm just a wee bit surprised that there's not 20,000 folk (or whatever the capacity is these day) with the same outlook. 

You're quote young and enthusiastic aren't you?

49 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

Could be a fair shout. Group stage football is over very quickly if you don't start well. 

Regardless though, this is the furthest the club has been in a European competition in 15 years, if this isn't appealing to fans, what is? 

I think it is appealing and you're underestimating ticket sales. Season tickets not valid and probably be over 16k there tomorrow.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Helsinki. 

Big crowd.

Ned Shed. 

Shit atmosphere. 

Previous European games.

Big crowd.

No Ned Shed.

Good atmosphere. 

The Pittodrie atmosphere has been utterly horrendous for years hence my at it comment.

Our fans are fucking shite. There's a reason I'm constantly saying I hate a large percentage of them.

Kudos to the young lads in the Merkland. I've never ventured in but fucking fair play to them.

Singing SF for 5 mins out of the 90 then silence just wasn't working for me when I went to Pittodrie.

Just now, Roberto said:

The Pittodrie atmosphere has been utterly horrendous for years hence my at it comment.

Our fans are fucking shite. There's a reason I'm constantly saying I hate a large percentage of them.

Kudos to the young lads in the Merkland. I've never ventured in but fucking fair play to them.

Singing SF for 5 mins out of the 90 then silence just wasn't working for me when I went to Pittodrie.

European nights in the past have generally been good, they're now shite. 

Make of that what you will. 

19 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

European nights in the past have generally been good, they're now shite. 

Make of that what you will. 

All I remember from Copenhagen is vuvuzelas... you saying that was good? Stand Free for 90 mins I can say also...

Bayern is Bayern, we went up against them of course the atmosphere is going ti be amazing. It was complete adrenaline that took over that valentines night.

Lokomotiv Moscow it was absolutely terrible cause it was freezing and the fitba was shite.

Groningen was pish.

Want me to go further back? Zalgris Vilnius during the Kombouare days? Utterly dreadful, was mostly just laughing.

Hacken was alright this time round, last time also alright.

I'm picking and choosing but mostly during the 'pre season' qualifying games it's just folk chatting and catching up with their fitba pals... no atmosphere as such. Least the young lads are making effort. But this 'atmosphere' fairytale on European nights your speaking of didn't really exist. It's just you getting old and being a moaning cunt.

• Upvote 2