Aberdeen 2 - 3 PAOK

49 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m sure they’ll be scratching their heads at the sales.

I’d have thought they’d have been looking at three sell outs for the group games.

And if the Frankfurt games is a dead rubber as is likely then it’ll be slow sales again, especially as it’s close to Xmas. 

And that would be awful as I genuinely think the Dons have a chance of beating them, they are no great shakes this season so far in the Bund. 

I feel certain that PAOK at the Toumba will be a defeat, it's a fucking cauldron, but the other games, I'm not so sure about. 

If we had beat HJK, which we should have, we'd feel a whole lot different about things. The Rangers win, going to Hampden against an average Hibs, Celtic will be absent in the Final - things aren't bad, they are just... uncertain? Uncertainty is the handmaiden of victory!

Here's highlights of PAOK's 2-0 home win on Sunday, link doesn't embed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP3fPgV3c6w

1 hour ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I never mentioned them selling it out but as far as I was aware they had two sections and only the front 6 rows of each section were empty? I don't pay close attention to YoYo FC and their scarf twirling fanbase so might well be mistaken

They filled roughly 2/3 of the upper sections - I'd say around 600 or 700 judging by photos of their support that night.

Fair play if they have sold out the away section at Pittodrie but I'll believe it when I see it.  Just don't see them bringing 1,700 to Aberdeen at the end of October.

• Upvote 1
On 10/22/2023 at 4:37 PM, starryfish said:

Probably have to win this one to have any hope of progressing. Not impossible but very unlikely based on what we’ve seen so far this season:

I’d expect Robson to shit the bed and play an extra midfielder rather than two strikers:

Roos, Devlin, Gartenmann, Rubezic, Jensen, McKenzie, Barron, Shinnie, Polvara, McGrath, Miovski 

We’ve looked a much better team when Robson has “shit the bed” and played Miovski as lone striker

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Just backs up what I’ve always felt about the home support.

It’s not very good.

Maybe there’s an apathy to the football offered up? 
If we’re being honest, in the main, it’s awful to watch. 

There's an large element of truth in the last sentence. Parts of the Ross County game aside, we've been fucking rank at home this season. Painful to watch. 

More pertinently, we've looked pretty clueless against Hacken and HJK....2 lower than average European teams. 

Most people are expecting us to get humped against PAOK, and are staying away. If we'd taken 3 points from HJK I reckon we'd be looking at close to a full house.

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

We’ve looked a much better team when Robson has “shit the bed” and played Miovski as lone striker

It would be fucking madness to go into this game with Duk hanging around on the wing doing fuck all aside from watching our midfield being overrun time and time again. 

Leave him on the bench, load the midfield. Win the battles there and the chances will come. 

22 hours ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Deflated? I don't get that

3 weeks without a game, home Euro night under the lights against a decent side, likely full house.

Personally I can't fuckin wait and I'm buzzing already for the match. Plenty of utter dogshit matches to come this season against the usual suspects no doubt, I'm looking forward to Pittodrie rocking on Thursday and hopefully one of those nights that live long in the memory

That's the Dunkirk spirit right there.

More of this.

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Doubtful, what is playing a role will be 0/4 wins in Europe and 1/6 wins at home in all competitions so far this season.

We aren't very good.

We aren't that bad either. I've seen far, far worse Aberdeen teams.

We could easily beaten celtic on another day but c'est la vie. Same with BK Hacken, however if you don't take your chances, you ultimately don't deserve to win games. 

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

We aren't that bad either. I've seen far, far worse Aberdeen teams.

We could easily beaten celtic on another day but c'est la vie. Same with BK Hacken, however if you don't take your chances, you ultimately don't deserve to win games. 

We aren't very good and we're also not that bad. We're pretty damn average then which isn't great considering the money we've spent over the past 2 years.