Robsonball

54 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Thank you again for your brilliant support of Barry and the boys. It’s truly appreciated. Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable trip. We’ve got a cracking but really tough schedule ahead through December. The boys want nothing more than to put a smile on our faces. The squad is gelling, the harmony in the dressing room is superb, led by our captain, and the boys are bought into and enjoying the systems, training and leadership of Barry, Steve and the coaching team. Thank you again 👏👏👏 and Stand Free!

Well I’m not going to thank you after another cluster F—-   Showing.  How many more thrashings are we going to observe from your boys and manager who want to put a smile on our faces.  Maybe you’re so F——G stupid that you think getting thrashed and capitulating in nearly every game this season is the way to put a smile on our faces.  
Dave.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I’m happy for you Dave that your Heart surgery went well. But they must have hooked up your brain to your arse hole. 

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Thank you again for your brilliant support of Barry and the boys. It’s truly appreciated. Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable trip. We’ve got a cracking but really tough schedule ahead through December. The boys want nothing more than to put a smile on our faces. The squad is gelling, the harmony in the dressing room is superb, led by our captain, and the boys are bought into and enjoying the systems, training and leadership of Barry, Steve and the coaching team. Thank you again 👏👏👏 and Stand Free!

Not the words of a man who is even contemplating sacking the manager.

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not the words of a man who is even contemplating sacking the manager.

I think Robson will have until at least the Winter break, even if December goes disastrously for us.  But didn't Cormack come out with supportive statements not that long before sacking Glass and Goodwin?  Things can change very quickly regardless of what pish he's posted on twitter.

3 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

I think Robson will have until at least the Winter break, even if December goes disastrously for us.  But didn't Cormack come out with supportive statements not that long before sacking Glass and Goodwin?  Things can change very quickly regardless of what pish he's posted on twitter.

That isn’t a supportive message for Robson I don’t think. We aren’t at that stage yet. And that was off the back of a decent performance. We will continue to struggle against the poor sides and get a result we aren’t expected to every 3 games to keep him in job till new year. I said I couldn’t see a win coming before the cup final and I stand by that. I have no confidence in Robson at all. I suspect he probably will fluke a game or 2 on probability alone as he’s done 2/3 times this season already.  

14 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

To be pedantic first was with Alec Cleland as caretaker!  But undefeated in 3 since sacking Steven MacLean.

Four teams appointed their caretaker manager last season

St. Johnstone - MacLean is already gone

Motherwell - After the initial caretaker's bounce at the end of last season and a couple of early wins this season their form is in the shitter 

Hearts - Nasal Naismith should be sacked so none of us have to listen to his voice again

Aberdeen - Robson has been woeful since being appointed permanently

Never appoint the caretaker on a permo

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Motherwell - After the initial caretaker's bounce at the end of last season and a couple of early wins this season their form is in the shitter 

Hearts - Nasal Naismith should be sacked so none of us have to listen to his voice again

THIS

look back throughout leagues. It never ever works 

• Upvote 1

Cormack sat on his hands after the most embarrassing result in our history at Darvel, and allowed Goodwin another opportunity to make us a laughing stock at Easter Road. 

He'll do the same again with Robson, and will only act at the point where things are obviously unretrievable...I suspect that'll be at the winter break, after we've lost the cup final and the 2 European games, and have taken something like 6 points out of our next 9 league games before the break. 

3 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Correct. It's there in black and while, and not just last season in the SPFL.

Each club used way too small a sample size, and in Hearts and St Johnstone's case, the win per game ratio was still shit. 😃

Robson, Naisy and Kettles, all to be gone by Christmas. Should get 10/1 for that triple, surely?

I thought Kettlewell played good football at times with Motherwell but it's absolutely turning to shit for him now.

MacLean never played good football at all at St Johnstone. Fell into the trap of the football he played under during his career in truth. He was a long ball merchant player.

Hearts... they are Hearts regardless of manager.

For me, Robson played those games last season where we kept winning, it was passing game at times and although we gave up chances, it was somewhat good to watch... why has it changed? It makes no sense.

11 hours ago, And Jess scores said:

I have had my doubts of Robson and his tactics since the start but kept hoping that maybe I was just being too negative and we were just going through a phase of transition.

However I don’t really see what we are trying to transition too. As others have said we don’t try and keep the ball or play attacking football.

We are set up as a defensive counter attack team which is fine in principle albeit not what I would want to see. In practice however we are a defensive team that can’t defend and since the majority of teams don’t play attacking football we have limited counter attacks.

It needs to change but I think Robson is too stubborn to do so. He also seems to be able to pull a result out just when he needs it usually against a team that is out of form (county, rangers, Motherwell) which then in his eyes justifies his eye bleeding tactics.

Lastly his use of subs and the squad is truly shocking. We are now in November and Sokler, Gaye, Dadia, Vinnie, Williams, Milne and MacDonald are still to get any significant game time. They will now all have limited match sharpness effecting their ability to have any impact 

Robson may not rate any of them but when you are constantly bleating about tiredness and too many games surely it makes sense to rotate the squad let’s face it’s not like results could get worse

I don’t want another manager sacked but I can’t see Robson turning this round or changing tactics. 

Setting up to counter attack is fine when you play Celtic , Rangers and teams in europe ect but domestically we are a big club and teams will sit in against us so we need to play a different way. I'm with you not wanting him sacked for the sake of it but he is starting to test my patience now too,

10 hours ago, McPhee123 said:

Doohan

Dadia     Williams   McDonald   (Hayes?)

Polvara     Barron

McGrath

Vinny             Gueyi              Sokler

Would this 11 have done worse yesterday?

In no way am I saying we should have done this - and our midfield is pretty settled/interchangeable... but Barry has options - players who would be going out there to stake their claim for a place in the squad. 

That side you have put out above would on paper at least be good enough to finish mid table in the premiership in my opinion.  You look at those squad players, most would get into other teams first 11's.  I'm not saying they should be starters every week for us but for a club outside the OF thats not a bad squad, he just chooses to not play any of them

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, englishred said:

Setting up to counter attack is fine when you play Celtic , Rangers and teams in europe ect but domestically we are a big club and teams will sit in against us so we need to play a different way. I'm with you not wanting him sacked for the sake of it but he is starting to test my patience now too,

There was fuck all of any form of attacking yesterday. No one is wanting him to be sacked for the sake of it. Pretty simple really, we have been honking to watch and the results have mainly been shite. If your team’s play ugly football, as a manager you’re vulnerable as soon as the results dry out. 

Compare our situation to Hibs, their fans can at least see what their manager is trying to do, if they were also playing awful football they would be hounding him already. 

2 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

There was fuck all of any form of attacking yesterday. No one is wanting him to be sacked for the sake of it. Pretty simple really, we have been honking to watch and the results have mainly been shite. If your team’s play ugly football, as a manager you’re vulnerable as soon as the results dry out. 

Compare our situation to Hibs, their fans can at least see what their manager is trying to do, if they were also playing awful football they would be hounding him already. 

i think we can all agree its win at Hampden or his position becomes untenable .  Of course if we lose the majority of the next 10 games then that also will put him in a very uncomfortable possition

10 hours ago, englishred said:

i think we can all agree its win at Hampden or his position becomes untenable .  Of course if we lose the majority of the next 10 games then that also will put him in a very uncomfortable possition

We are already in an uncomfortable position. 

Robson has won 7 of 25 matches since being appointed permanent manager.

A win rate of 28%, which is on the slide and will be lower than Goodwin, Glass, McGhee and Alex Feckin' Miller within a few more games.

How will Cormack spin the retention of a manager who will soon have the worst win rate in our history?

It is high time that Cormack made a sound management appointment but is that something a control freak would do?

18 hours ago, Roberto said:

For me, Robson played those games last season where we kept winning, it was passing game at times and although we gave up chances, it was somewhat good to watch... why has it changed? It makes no sense.

This is what I also can't get my head round. We've got players of superior technical ability to most of the teams we play against so why are we not utilising that with a pass and move style that the players would undoubtedly enjoy more and perform better with.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

This is what I also can't get my head round. We've got players of superior technical ability to most of the teams we play against so why are we not utilising that with a pass and move style that the players would undoubtedly enjoy more and perform better with.

There was an element of hoofball last season too but it was interlaced with some good  passing stuff too and all done at pace, albeit he always used the back 3.

It just seemed as though Pollock, Angus and Scales had a better understanding of the back 3 setup, or back 4 when McCrorie tucked in when Hayes went forward (and vice versa) 

20 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

There was an element of hoofball last season too but it was interlaced with some good  passing stuff too and all done at pace, albeit he always used the back 3.

It just seemed as though Pollock, Angus and Scales had a better understanding of the back 3 setup, or back 4 when McCrorie tucked in when Hayes went forward (and vice versa) 

The direct, quick, counter attacking thing worked well last season, but I think that was partly down to the fact we had 2 strikers we could spring the attacks through. We're now mainly trying to do that with one striker. 

As you say, last season there was a bit more variety to our play. This season it feels like we're pinning all our hopes on scoring goals on the counter, which is stupid when we ought to be controlling possession in most of the games we play domestically. 

Agreed on the defensive side of things - the 3 last season seemed to have a great understanding, and also a great attitude to fight for every ball and put their bodies on the line to keep a clean sheet. This season we've 3 guys who seem okay individually but don't appear to have formed a cohesive unit yet despite playing together for 1/3 of a season now, and Robson doesn't seem to want to break them up to give any of the other 200 defenders we have a chance. Williams, Dadia, MacDonald, Milne might as well not be here.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

The direct, quick, counter attacking thing worked well last season, but I think that was partly down to the fact we had 2 strikers we could spring the attacks through. We're now mainly trying to do that with one striker. 

As you say, last season there was a bit more variety to our play. This season it feels like we're pinning all our hopes on scoring goals on the counter, which is stupid when we ought to be controlling possession in most of the games we play domestically. 

Agreed on the defensive side of things - the 3 last season seemed to have a great understanding, and also a great attitude to fight for every ball and put their bodies on the line to keep a clean sheet. This season we've 3 guys who seem okay individually but don't appear to have formed a cohesive unit yet despite playing together for 1/3 of a season now, and Robson doesn't seem to want to break them up to give any of the other 200 defenders we have a chance. Williams, Dadia, MacDonald, Milne might as well not be here.

Let's face it, Dadia is shit, if not he'd have come off the bench at least once. Just as well Devlins been brilliant.

Williams is probably atrocious too, while MacDonald has also been poor when played.