Robsonball

2 hours ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

Glass had us trying to play nice football but with crap players. He could probably get a better tune out of these more technically better players. 

Glass was naive as fuck, nowhere near ready for a job of that magnitude 

Three games between now and the end of the month, two of them our games in hand:

24th - St Johnstone (A)

27th - Hearts (A)

30th - Dundee (H)

We need at least 6 points from that lot to get to anything nearing a respectable position. 

Hearts away is always a tough fixture and I'll take a draw as a good result, but I expect an Aberdeen team with any ambition to win the other two.

8 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Three games between now and the end of the month, two of them our games in hand:

24th - St Johnstone (A)

27th - Hearts (A)

30th - Dundee (H)

We need at least 6 points from that lot to get to anything nearing a respectable position. 

Hearts away is always a tough fixture and I'll take a draw as a good result, but I expect an Aberdeen team with any ambition to win the other two.

Very fair. My gut feeling is that we will lose against hearts and draw the other 2. But both St Johnstone and Dundee could go either way. No idea what to expect from our manager. Do you think questions would be asked if we drew with St Johnstone then lost to Hearts or does it just roll on? 

5 minutes ago, slippers said:

Very fair. My gut feeling is that we will lose against hearts and draw the other 2. But both St Johnstone and Dundee could go either way. No idea what to expect from our manager. Do you think questions would be asked if we drew with St Johnstone then lost to Hearts or does it just roll on? 

I'd like to think failure to get 6 points from these games is a sackable offence, but I expect Robson will be in place until it is mathematically impossible for us to be in the top six.

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Very fair. My gut feeling is that we will lose against hearts and draw the other 2. But both St Johnstone and Dundee could go either way. No idea what to expect from our manager. 

Seems to be that we trade loses with Hearts depending on where the game's being played. Hopefully we can buck that trend and take something at Tynecastle. A draw would be a fantastic result if we can take maximum points from the other two games.

I know there's been talk of how we're only looking to make permanent signings who can improve the first eleven. But i think it's key we bring in players this month who can provide us options and more depth, even if they're on loan.

2 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I'd like to think failure to get 6 points from these games is a sackable offence, but I expect Robson will be in place until it is mathematically impossible for us to be in the top six.

I’d agree but I don’t think it would be unless we lost all 3. Even if we did get 6 and lost to hearts we would still trail them by 11 points with only 1 game in hand. We really can’t afford to lose any of the games or slim chance of third is over already. 

27 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’d agree but I don’t think it would be unless we lost all 3. Even if we did get 6 and lost to hearts we would still trail them by 11 points with only 1 game in hand. We really can’t afford to lose any of the games or slim chance of third is over already. 

Forget the maths, third has been done for a long time (without radical change).

I suspect we’ll l just keep fannying about doing the same stupid things that aren’t working.

2 hours ago, slippers said:

We should qualify for Europe, anything else is unacceptable.  At a minimum that means fifth in the league.

I understand the argument that this season we've had a huge turnover of players and we've had all the European games, but we should still be good enough to qualify for Europe again, even if it is the qualifying rounds of the ECL, be that via the league or the cup.

The most unforgivable thing for me so far this season is the utter capitulation in the League Cup final.  Our best chance of a trophy in a decade and the ginger spastic choked, followed by one of the most embarrassing post match interviews ever given by an Aberdeen manager.

3 hours ago, slippers said:

Do you hate Barry Robson or do you support Aberdeen?

8 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Certainly does.

He had a celebratory howk of the nose after Miovski's opener on Friday night.

20240121-205629.jpg

He's got the finger deep up there.

That’s how he picks his team/tactics most weeks.

Sometimes from his arse & front bum too

20 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

We should qualify for Europe, anything else is unacceptable.  At a minimum that means fifth in the league.

I understand the argument that this season we've had a huge turnover of players and we've had all the European games, but we should still be good enough to qualify for Europe again, even if it is the qualifying rounds of the ECL, be that via the league or the cup.

The most unforgivable thing for me so far this season is the utter capitulation in the League Cup final.  Our best chance of a trophy in a decade and the ginger spastic choked, followed by one of the most embarrassing post match interviews ever given by an Aberdeen manager.

I personally don't think 5th is acceptable at all. Basically half the league qualifies for Europe. Hearts are miles ahead of us having won 11/21 games. Its embarrassing.

• Like 1
On 1/21/2024 at 1:09 AM, RabidGiraffe said:

Agree with your post. 

The problem for us and every team that finishes 4/5th is that the likelihood of getting through the qualifiers is very slim going on years gone by, it shouldn't be as bad as it is when you look at other team that have qualified but it says a lot about our teams.  We really should with this squad be up there challenging for 3rd.

And as for the cup final again i totally agree with you no shots on target then that interview ....  

On 1/20/2024 at 9:47 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Alex Miller being the worst of that 3 (imo) just for such boring football alone but I also believe that any one of them would be able to have performed better than any of our last 3 given the funding/squad options available & comparative competition they’ve faced.

I don’t think it can be understated just how bad our last three managers have been on so many counts

Have another go,  fuckwit

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, redone said:

Have another go,  fuckwit

No need. Our last 3 managers chosen under Cormack reign have been our 3 consecutively worst given funds available to them & the competition they’ve faced. I stand by that 🤷

some just don’t want to admit just how shite they’ve all really been