Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

27 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I think we need to be a helluva smarter in the later stages of a game. That could easily have been another 2 conceded in extra time against them. Three conceded in extra time last week as well. Lack of possession and the inability to string passes together heaps a ton of pressure on the whole team.

Thought the same. We were on the ropes for the last half an hour of the game so had to take the sting out of it and settle for the point once we conceded the penalty, still seemed open for the Huns to gallop up the pitch and get a cross in for their big miss.

Good 15 mins from the first. Harassed them, never let them play, got in their faces.

Most of the rest of the match we simply let them bombard our box, and it was inevitable that there'd be a slip, mistake or a screamer. 

Clear pen. Shite from Gart. 

Problem with Robsonball is that we can't keep the football for any meaningful length of time. It means we're just giving better teams the ball back and allowing them to build patterns of play that they'll eventually see the benefit of. 

Would've taken a point before KO. The pity is knowing you're never getting 3 from the min we score. 

• Upvote 2

Must admit that even a cynic such as myself has been taken aback by how Scottish referees have so enthusiastically and grateful accepted VAR as an opportunity to demonstrate even more bias than they were before. 

They don’t merely want you to know that they don’t care if you think they’re biased or out and out cheats. They want you to know that they’re going to use this new tech to crush any residual pretence or veneer of fairness. 

I’m still convinced these tactics are a complete gamble every time we play.

We have almost no possession and look for the quick counter attack every time, gives you a chance to score against almost anybody but 9 times out of 10 we are going to be dominated the rest of the game and eventually broken down.

Surely to fuck that’s not really the full extent of our tactical development right there is it? To basically expect to play without the ball for 80% of the game?

I think it’s deceiving some people because we score against some decent teams and in those moments look like we can cut them open- but how often is playing for so long without the ball going to translate into a win?

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I’m still convinced these tactics are a complete gamble every time we play.

We have almost no possession and look for the quick counter attack every time, gives you a chance to score against almost anybody but 9 times out of 10 we are going to be dominated the rest of the game and eventually broken down.

Surely to fuck that’s not really the full extent of our tactical development right there is it? To basically expect to play without the ball for 80% of the game?

I think it’s deceiving some people because we score against some decent teams and in those moments look like we can cut them open- but how often is playing for so long without the ball going to translate into a win?

Well, how many games has Robson had (35 maybe?) and tell me how often he HASN’T lined us up in that fashion? Zero?

He is very very naive in his thinking if he reckons he will succeed here or anywhere else with that strategy. 

And that’s not an agenda, by the way, it’s just simple logic and a limited knowledge of fitba.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Clarkson is an enigma too and very fkn frustrating.

Is he even interested in playing for us???

From BBC:

Player of the match - Leighton Clarkson (Aberdeen)

I missed the first 5 minutes, where i believe he set up Sokler, because I thought it was a 12:30 kickoff but it took me a good 30 minutes to notice he was playing

15 hours ago, minijc said:

He's a genius according to some on here though, least if we get relegated I'll actually start attending games again, be a good laugh.

Would ye aye...?

Some supporter ye are. Maybe best staying away. 

Yer entitlement hasn't waned in ma time off this. Or yer agenda. 

We need a Ramadani,Hartley,Lambert. It's clear. I hope they step that up in January. 

Fucking shite,that penalty. A gift. Sokler could be a great player with more game time and fitness. Using the options we have. Let's fuck em in the final,folks! At least the end should garner some healthy revenge energy

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, Poodler said:

does anyone ever call sportsound/ talksport and ask questions of the hun penalty runs? 

65+ games. We’re talking about it, surely it’s a worthy topic to be discussed nationally on the wireless

Off the ball has mentioned it a few times now. Even worse that we are actually paying for Var ...

2 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Would ye aye...?

Some supporter ye are. Maybe best staying away. 

Yer entitlement hasn't waned in ma time off this. Or yer agenda. 

We need a Ramadani,Hartley,Lambert. It's clear. I hope they step that up in January. 

Fucking shite,that penalty. A gift. Sokler could be a great player with more game time and fitness. Using the options we have. Let's fuck em in the final,folks! At least the end should garner some healthy revenge energy

Correct. We miss Ramadani big time..

9 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

There will be ONE TIME where they finally get a dodgey penalty call against them & it will be made massive news but for wrong reasons.

I just hope it’s for us in LC final

I honestly do not see that happening. Refs careers can grind to a halt if they make dodgy decisions against the Govan mob. Scottish football is being ruined by the abuse they are making with VAR. l was concerned when Walsh was appointed for yesterday’s game. I suspected Don Robertson will get the final with Walsh as his back up on VAR.

20 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Yep. A dive should be a straight red. The amount you can gain from it is worthy of such a punishment. 

Do the SFA still give retrospective 2 match bans for this?

I know, it’s a daft question when it comes to applying the laws to the scum, but was just wondering if it was still a “thing” & whether we have a “Compliance Officer” or whatever the fuck the SFA called it.

Haven’t heard of it for a while  

• Haha 1