Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

25 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Richard Gordon will be as big a Dandy as you or I. The change in his attitude will be linked to when Cormack started meddling in 1st team shit, which may or not coincide with him going to Cove, but completely unconnected 

I really don't think so.

Also does that excuse him not calling out the obvious bias of VAR to the huns? He simple pushed the hun angle yesterday talking about it being a definite penalty (going on and on about it). Ignoring the general advantage VAR is giving the huns weekly.

More interested in sticking the boot in to Aberdeen. We disagree here clearly but Gordon has been really weird for a while now.

37 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Richard Gordon will be as big a Dandy as you or I. The change in his attitude will be linked to when Cormack started meddling in 1st team shit, which may or not coincide with him going to Cove, but completely unconnected 

He’s not a Cormack Yes Man, could do with a few more of them down Pittodrie way.

Anybody not moaning about the fitba operation since the Cormack Circus came to town ain’t fit to follow the Dons.

Gotta give him some credit for the pie sleeves.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Robson's record against the Huns is pretty good. If he could combine this with better results against the 9 non cheek teams then we'd be onto something. 

The results against Celtic have been really poor in general and need a complete rethink. 

I agree with you about games v Celtic

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I’d agree we need more strength in depth but to have a go at Shinnie? Deary me.

Was honking yesterday Hans, and I love the guy. 

Couldn't trap the fucking football and was struggling to get near them. Not for the first time this season he's very much looked an ageing player. 

He's still got great matches in him and will do in the future but I think he's been overused tbh, mainly due to the lack of real depth in that position. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Yes it could be argued Shinnie should and could have been booked also, so I won't just be one way towards the ref.

Aye. Amazed he wasn't yellowed for persistent fouling. 

I'd put that down to plain old incompetence, the kind that doesn't book Cantwell for his pathetic dive

13 hours ago, G man said:

A very valid point. It really is getting ridiculous. Many people days before the game said Walsh would give them a penalty. Has also been highlighted the tactics the Govan mob use to block defenders who mark Goldson at corners. I hope refs and VAR officials will be looking for this in the weeks to come. I doubt it.

The ref did not award the penalty, VAR did in reality. Ref was ok, Shinnie could have been booked quite early and don't remember any howlers in the 90 minutes.

Every team blocks, we scored a few goals last season from blocking at free kicks.

31 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Really?

Yes Ernie.

15 minutes ago, G man said:

I accept performances have been inconsistent this season. I believe that is down to 13 new signings. 

Excellent posting. 

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Couldn't trap the fucking football and was struggling to get near them. Not for the first time this season he's very much looked an ageing player. 

He's still got great matches in him and will do in the future but I think he's been overused tbh, mainly due to the lack of real depth in that position. 

Now now Consi, you should know by now you can't say a bad thing about 'One of our own' even if it's justified.

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

He needs help too I think. 5-3-2 is really not helping a few of our players. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Aye, that's true. 

I was just pointing out that all things are not equal when it comes to league fixtures. As shite as we are at the moment, the fixtures have been really unbalanced. 

I would be absolutely stunned if we weren't ahead of Dundee when things start to even out in about 10 games or so. 

We have been a bit unlucky with the fixtures after Euro games. It won't be just the seagull scaring hawk circling if we start winning soon.

36 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

I really don't think so.

Also does that excuse him not calling out the obvious bias of VAR to the huns? He simple pushed the hun angle yesterday talking about it being a definite penalty (going on and on about it). Ignoring the general advantage VAR is giving the huns weekly.

More interested in sticking the boot in to Aberdeen. We disagree here clearly but Gordon has been really weird for a while now.

Disagree entirely. Gordon and God are telling it like it is, instead of being mere compliant sycophants. More power to them.

For waaaay too long, we have put up with pish. The Stewart Milne years, promised this that and the other, never delivered anything whilst almost driving the club into the ground. Did we accept it or did we drive him out of the club? We accepted it, other than a token gesture here and there.

Same thing is happening with Robson. We have accepted mediocrity.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, G man said:

We have had our best set of results in fixtures against the Govan mob under Robson than other Aberdeen managers have had. Can you not acknowledge that?

Are you as obsessed with beating Livi, Killie, St. Johnstone, Hearts and Hibs as you are at beating the huns?

You seem fixated on the results against them, but skirt over our failings against the other teams.

I'd be more impressed with beating and drawing against the huns if we could back it up with a sustained run of positive results.

• Upvote 3
18 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Exactly.

How can anyone argue against this?

4 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Are you as obsessed with beating Livi, Killie, St. Johnstone, Hearts and Hibs as you are at beating the huns?

You seem fixated on the results against them, but skirt over our failings against the other teams.

I'd be more impressed with beating and drawing against the huns if we could back it up with a sustained run of positive results.

Outside of the Celtic games, Robson seems to have found a method of playing the teams with bigger budgets. Needs to find a way of sustaining these performances for 90 minutes however.

He hasn’t worked out the games against the smaller sides however. Motherwell was encouraging but jury is still out. 

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

And whats the odds on teams like, Bayern, Celtic, Real Madrid, Man City etc...

Teams that are in opposition boxes often. I doubt its even close to 7/4.

It's hard to say, most bookies don't price it up well in advance, even in Celtic and Bayerns CL games tomorrow and Wed there's only prices for each side to score or miss a pen.  If I remember I'll check this weekend before the games kick off to get a rough idea.

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Disagree entirely. Gordon and God are telling it like it is, instead of being mere compliant sycophants. More power to them.

For waaaay too long, we have put up with pish. The Stewart Milne years, promised this that and the other, never delivered anything whilst almost driving the club into the ground. Did we accept it or did we drive him out of the club? We accepted it, other than a token gesture here and there.

Same thing is happening with Robson. We have accepted mediocrity.

Robsons record so far is a 3rd place and a cup final.We haven't been relegated to the Highland League just  yet.Having said that we need to start winning some league points and we did very little attack wise in the second half yesterday.Still got a draw though.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Outside of the Celtic games, Robson seems to have found a method of playing the teams with bigger budgets. Needs to find a way of sustaining these performances for 90 minutes however.

He hasn’t worked out the games against the smaller sides however. Motherwell was encouraging but jury is still out. 

Could argue that it doesn't actually work though, playing with 5 defenders yet we still ship goals, we still fail to win matches, obviously not expecting us to beat the likes of Frankfurt. 

For me he has one way of playing it suits games where we are expected to struggle and it relies heavily on us scoring our only chance in the game, sometimes we'll maybe have two or three but that's it, look at PAOK 2 attempts at goal, 2 goals, it's not sustainable especially when you are giving up 8+ chances a game.

If I was managing a team and my philosophy was to be hard to beat and my set up included 5 defenders plus a defensive midfielder (ignoring more creative players to do more defensive work as well) I'd be extremely worried at how many chances we give up and how many goals we concede as well.

I wasn't going to post this as I'm almost certain folk will say it's a load of shit and it doesn't matter,  "xG lol" and so on, predictable stuff. 

Anyways the club claim to be data driven, Cormack himself said on the radio when Glass was under pressure that the underlying numbers suggested he was worth sticking with, well the underlying numbers are grim as fuck for us right now and if they continue we'll be scrapping it out at the bottom of the league.

Scottish Premiership Stats: 2023-24 Season | The Analyst