Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

2 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Not sure if it was mentioned here but Richard Gordon going on and on about how it was a "definite penalty".

The weird part being that he was almost taking delight in mocking Aberdeen for arguing against it.

He has turned in to a total hun cunt! 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

I don’t get this new dislike for Richard and also Willie Miller. All they are doing on the BBC is telling the truth.

The football on show is shit and this bollox about “not being able to play the high press for the whole game as the players are too tired” is as laughable as it is idiotic.

Some fans need to get real 

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

I don't have any dislike for Willie Miller.

Gordon is entitled to his opinion too. But if you can't see/hear the near glee he seems to take in criticising Aberdeen these days you are missing something. His general attitude towards Aberdeen publicly is massively different than pre going to Cove.

It isn't just style of play etc.

Fair enough if you don't see this. 

1 hour ago, G man said:

I totally agree with you about Richard Gordon. He has certainly changed his attitude towards Aberdeen. Cannot see how others do not see/ hear it in his tone.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Richard Gordon will be as big a Dandy as you or I. The change in his attitude will be linked to when Cormack started meddling in 1st team shit, which may or not coincide with him going to Cove, but completely unconnected 

55 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

I really don't think so.

Also does that excuse him not calling out the obvious bias of VAR to the huns? He simple pushed the hun angle yesterday talking about it being a definite penalty (going on and on about it). Ignoring the general advantage VAR is giving the huns weekly.

More interested in sticking the boot in to Aberdeen. We disagree here clearly but Gordon has been really weird for a while now.

15 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Disagree entirely. Gordon and God are telling it like it is, instead of being mere compliant sycophants. More power to them.

For waaaay too long, we have put up with pish. The Stewart Milne years, promised this that and the other, never delivered anything whilst almost driving the club into the ground. Did we accept it or did we drive him out of the club? We accepted it, other than a token gesture here and there.

Same thing is happening with Robson. We have accepted mediocrity.

Why are some fans so precious about perceived Aberdeen fans/men in the media telling it like it is. I've seen a few fans mumping about it on FB and X. For them to do anything else, then you have opposing fans calling them out for bias like a section of our fan base do against Kenny McIntyre. You want biased opinion, then go and get a Redtv subscription if you don't already have one.

Like I have said before Gordon and Miller are telling it like it is. Its not great on the pitch at Pittodrie, it hasn't been for sone time. I don't like that that is the case, but I've also no issue with prominent voices in the media saying so. 

If the club got their fucking act together in the football dept then we'd all be happy and have nothing to 'moan' or 'complain' or 'be negative' about.

P.S @sooth_stander I know you're not moaning.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Robsons record so far is a 3rd place and a cup final.We haven't been relegated to the Highland League just  yet.Having said that we need to start winning some league points and we did very little attack wise in the second half yesterday.Still got a draw though.

You’re arguing with yourself there, mate.

As Billy Bragg once sang, which side are you on boys, which side are you on?

Just now, Johnnyred1 said:

Don't get the gripe with Gordon and Miller. There's a helluva lot more bitchin about the team on here. All it shows, is that a lot of us ain't happy with some of the performances and shit defending including shit soft penalties.

I’d rather listen to Richard Gordon & Willie Miller giving honest appraisals as opposed to REDTV sycophancy. 

30 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Disagree entirely. Gordon and God are telling it like it is, instead of being mere compliant sycophants. More power to them.

For waaaay too long, we have put up with pish. The Stewart Milne years, promised this that and the other, never delivered anything whilst almost driving the club into the ground. Did we accept it or did we drive him out of the club? We accepted it, other than a token gesture here and there.

Same thing is happening with Robson. We have accepted mediocrity.

I do get some of what you are saying. Willie Miller has always told it as he sees it. Sometimes I think in a professional sense he leans slightly more in to negative points on Aberdeen to balance out the assumption he is an Aberdeen "fan" (that's not a criticism - Bonner (Celtic) / Preston (Hearts) / Multiple (Huns) could learn a lesson from that). Overall I think Miller has high standards and rightly calls out shite.

With Gordon I'm not even talking about him calling out mediocrity or Robson.  It seems like some see it my way and others don't see it at all. But Gordon in general seems to get off a bit on going on about negatives re the dons these days and perhaps more worryingly/oddly he is increasingly sycophantic to the Huns (e.g. going on about how great Tavernier's goal record is , bumming him up with no context given (58 penalties scored!)

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Outside of the Celtic games, Robson seems to have found a method of playing the teams with bigger budgets. Needs to find a way of sustaining these performances for 90 minutes however.

He hasn’t worked out the games against the smaller sides however. Motherwell was encouraging but jury is still out. 

We were really bad yesterday after we scored, so that was about 75 minutes of crap.

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d rather listen to Richard Gordon & Willie Miller giving honest appraisals as opposed to REDTV sycophancy. 

Definitely a middle ground that is likely more accurate though. REDTV is bollocks too for balance commentary wise. Rob McLean is an infuriating commentator. If you are listening to a live game on REDTV he constantly fails to actually finish what has happened with a move / cross / shot . It's like he forgets most listening on REDTV don't have the pictures.

11 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

I do get some of what you are saying. Willie Miller has always told it as he sees it. Sometimes I think in a professional sense he leans slightly more in to negative points on Aberdeen to balance out the assumption he is an Aberdeen "fan" (that's not a criticism - Bonner (Celtic) / Preston (Hearts) / Multiple (Huns) could learn a lesson from that). Overall I think Miller has high standards and rightly calls out shite.

With Gordon I'm not even talking about him calling out mediocrity or Robson.  It seems like some see it my way and others don't see it at all. But Gordon in general seems to get off a bit on going on about negatives re the dons these days and perhaps more worryingly/oddly he is increasingly sycophantic to the Huns (e.g. going on about how great Tavernier's goal record is , bumming him up with no context given (58 penalties scored!)

Given that Gordon now resides back in Aberdeen, I would find it hard to grasp why he would suddenly go anti Aberdeen FC.

He's a journo, after all, so maybe Cormack has cut off his supply line, or maybe it was Considine who was feeding him stuff, who knows? 

Its a fine line between being a happy clapper and a moaning bastard but most of us manage to find that middle ground. Really isn’t difficult -  a pair of fully functioning eyes suffice.

25 minutes ago, minijc said:

Could argue that it doesn't actually work though, playing with 5 defenders yet we still ship goals, we still fail to win matches, obviously not expecting us to beat the likes of Frankfurt. 

For me he has one way of playing it suits games where we are expected to struggle and it relies heavily on us scoring our only chance in the game, sometimes we'll maybe have two or three but that's it, look at PAOK 2 attempts at goal, 2 goals, it's not sustainable especially when you are giving up 8+ chances a game.

If I was managing a team and my philosophy was to be hard to beat and my set up included 5 defenders plus a defensive midfielder (ignoring more creative players to do more defensive work as well) I'd be extremely worried at how many chances we give up and how many goals we concede as well.

Yeah, I said we can’t sustain it for 90 minutes. We concede far too many goals in them games in the last part of the game. 

We were poor away to PAOK as I’ve said before. 

You seem to think I’m suddenly in the “Robson in” camp, as you said yesterday. Strange. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Yeah, I said we can’t sustain it for 90 minutes. We concede far too many goals in them games in the last part of the game. 

We were poor away to PAOK as I’ve said before. 

You seem to think I’m suddenly in the “Robson in” camp, as you said yesterday. Strange. 

I don't, that was a wee joke yesterday, you've been fairly reasonable throughout to be fair to you.

It doesn't matter if we sustain it for 90 mins or know, the set up simply does not work, it looks better and more effective against better sides but that doesn't mean it's good like some folk seem to think.

I'm totally fed up of it and him and fuck all is changing, we are still giving up loads of chances, we are still failing to create a decent amount of chances ourselves, 0 corners in our last 3 games is utterly disgusting, if we persist with it, we are fighting relegation.

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Are you as obsessed with beating Livi, Killie, St. Johnstone, Hearts and Hibs as you are at beating the huns?

You seem fixated on the results against them, but skirt over our failings against the other teams.

I'd be more impressed with beating and drawing against the huns if we could back it up with a sustained run of positive results.

Not fixated with anything. As l have already said the team lacks consistency but there have been a number of very positive performances which some people choose to ignore.

22 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You’re arguing with yourself there, mate.

As Billy Bragg once sang, which side are you on boys, which side are you on?

Well you prefer to be on the negative side day in day out.Just pointing out it hasn't been all doom and gloom since Robson took over..

34 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Not read the thread as I can’t be fucked with the post mortem however if we can cut out the stupidity at the back we have an unbelievable chance of winning another league cup next month 

Sevco are fucking pish 

No danger we're being allowed to win next month.  Club should tell them to ram it unless foreign ref and VAR team are brought in.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Be interesting to see what odds Bet365 do these days for penalties to be awarded to certain teams in certain leagues...

Might check it this weekend.

Think they stopped giving odds for penalties for Sevco a while back as have looked a few times when we are playing them and found nothing.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Was honking yesterday Hans, and I love the guy. 

Couldn't trap the fucking football and was struggling to get near them. Not for the first time this season he's very much looked an ageing player. 

He's still got great matches in him and will do in the future but I think he's been overused tbh, mainly due to the lack of real depth in that position. 

Shinnie's ball to the right when we had a 3 on 2 breakaway his ball wss lazy asf! He's not as affective nowadays his legs are going a bit.

16 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Shinnie's ball to the right when we had a 3 on 2 breakaway his ball wss lazy asf! He's not as affective nowadays his legs are going a bit.

I don't think he's been anywhere near the player he was when he left but that's to be expected with age.

His best attribute is/was that he's a terrier/energetic midfielder but obviously as you move into your 30s that draws back a bit.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It wasn’t lazy it was just a poor ball ffs 😂

It was the pass of an idiot. Sokler was the pass he should've made. That then makes the hun defender push across to Sokler and leaves the other hun defender to defend both Shinnie and Bojan.

What Shinnie did killed the attack. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, minijc said:

I don't, that was a wee joke yesterday, you've been fairly reasonable throughout to be fair to you.

It doesn't matter if we sustain it for 90 mins or know, the set up simply does not work, it looks better and more effective against better sides but that doesn't mean it's good like some folk seem to think.

I'm totally fed up of it and him and fuck all is changing, we are still giving up loads of chances, we are still failing to create a decent amount of chances ourselves, 0 corners in our last 3 games is utterly disgusting, if we persist with it, we are fighting relegation.

This is the second time Iv read this here. What’s with the fixation of not getting any corners