Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

18 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Before looking at fcuking off VAR (the control room housing these hun loving cheating cunts is situated in Glasgow), clubs should all get together and tell the corrupt cunts that they demand referees to come from all over Scotland, not just the west coast.  

What’s the reasoning that there’s no qualified referees coming from Inverness. Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh???

Clubs should do exactly what you say min, if not boycott matches against the two venomous institutions until such time this perennial issue is finally put to bed.

However, there is more chance of me winning the National Lottery (I don't bet on it) than this happening in the future and in our lifetimes.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

This is the second time Iv read this here. What’s with the fixation of not getting any corners 

It would suggest that we aren't getting into the final third enough and when we do we aren't causing teams issues.  When you are playing a direct style of football, one of the main areas a team will look to target is set pieces, specifically corners, if we aren't getting any then we won't be creating enough.

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'll assume you're not trolling and point out that Danillo is clearly within the arc. Although Rube is too, as far as I understand it, the penalty should still be retaken. 

Millertime thinks the arc is a decorative feature on the pitch and serves no real purpose.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

I don't think he's been anywhere near the player he was when he left but that's to be expected with age.

His best attribute is/was that he's a terrier/energetic midfielder but obviously as you move into your 30s that draws back a bit.

So, how does Shinnie reinvent himself then, if he can’t play the no. 8 role?

He can’t play the left back role as it requires energy, whether in a 4 or a 5.

He’s not a CDM playmaker, doesn’t have the vision. 

Where then? This is the problem 

53 minutes ago, minijc said:

It would suggest that we aren't getting into the final third enough and when we do we aren't causing teams issues.  When you are playing a direct style of football, one of the main areas a team will look to target is set pieces, specifically corners, if we aren't getting any then we won't be creating enough.

I agree we should be getting more corners.. but not to the extent it is utterly disgusting...

3 hours ago, G man said:

I accept performances have been inconsistent this season. I believe that is down to 13 new signings. 

We're over 20 games in, that excuse doesn't wash. Nevermind the fact that regular starters this season such as Barron, polvara, shinnie, clarkston, Roos, McKenzie, miovski and duk were all here last season...

• Upvote 2
56 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Millertime thinks the arc is a decorative feature on the pitch and serves no real purpose.

I always thought the arc connected to the penalty area was to assist portly goalkeepers like 24-stoner William "Fatty" Foulke when kicking the ball from hand, when the rectangular box replaced an arced penalty area.

This was put in place, or so I thought, so the likes of Foulke wouldn't be penalised and deemed to be outside his area by the match referee, if kicking the ball from his hands at the edge of his area due to his rotund stature protuding outside the box at the point of contacf.

• Haha 2

Probably the biggest thing this season has been the loss of Ramadani for a relatively low fee and without replacing him.That means we have been playing 2 attacking midfielders Mcgrath and Clarkson rather than last season when it was just Clarkson.Sometimes it works OK but sometimes not which I think contributes to our up and down performances.Add in the loss of Dukes goals.But let's just see how this season pans out.The guy that got us 3rd and into a cup final deserves a bit of support.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I would suggest no corners in the last 3 games means we are not in the last 1/3rd of the pitch too often. Which, worries me and should also worry the FMB

3 games where we were away to Paok away to celtic and home to sevco.2 draws and a defeat.Not brilliant but not disastrous either.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

It doesn’t suggest much we played Celtic and were awful so no wonder we didn’t get a corner. Against poak and sevco we played well and scored goals in those games so not getting a corner against them makes no difference 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

It doesn’t suggest much we played Celtic and were awful so no wonder we didn’t get a corner. Against poak and sevco we played well and scored goals in those games so not getting a corner against them makes no difference 

It's part of a bigger picture though, we don't create enough, we give up too many chances, that continues the bad results will as well.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's part of a bigger picture though, we don't create enough, we give up too many chances, that continues the bad results will as well.

But not creating enough has nothing to do with not getting any corners. It seems but of a strange thing to pick up on. If there is anything to pick up on and is probably the real reason we haven’t made a lot of chances is that yesterday (in the second half especially) our passing when under pressure was pretty poor. Not the fact we didn’t get any corners. 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

But not creating enough has nothing to do with not getting any corners. It seems but of a strange thing to pick up on. If there is anything to pick up on and is probably the real reason we haven’t made a lot of chances is that yesterday (in the second half especially) our passing when under pressure was pretty poor. Not the fact we didn’t get any corners. 

Corners come from defensive clearances, blocks and saves normally. If a team isn’t needing to make these, then it’s because we aren’t doing enough to make them have to

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, thurso said:

It does because it shows we don't get down the opposite end enough and it's not exclusive to the last 3 games as we are averaging less than 5 corners a game this season.  So that would suggest that we don't work the keeper/defence enough either.  When McInnes was manager, especially the first few season we created a lot which in turn produced a lot of corners.

In games against better sides where you are not expected to score, one of the main plans should be to get corners to give us a better chance of creating something, set pieces in general will always be a big help to inferior sides against the likes of Celtic and Rangers.

Good point about passing but it's not a shock is it when the managers tactics are to punt the ball forward, the players rarely see a ball in training.

16 minutes ago, thurso said:

I fairly get your logic min in relation to the recent games against PAOK and the fuckers yesterday as we ended up getting draws without getting corners in either game.

However, (attacking) corner kicks are a great way for our players to regroup and re-energise instead of the norm of backing off and being defensive, in the hope of hitting teams on the counter.

Playing this particular way is far more energy sapping and inflicts a greater chance of players getting injuries such as hamstrings, calf strains, and groin strains compared with having possession.