Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

7 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Why not?

He's our midfield with a job to do.

Where was he yesterday?

He was shite as was Clarkson.

We need far better.

I would agree both were very poor yesterday and a huge part of why Rangers dominated the second half. We are unable to maintain possession and our passing is utterly woeful. 

Going back a few years and we're in the same situation we were when Guntveit left. A water carrier who did so much underappreciated work and suddenly when they're not there doing this work the team suffers and fans suddenly start to notice. 

Players like Ramadani are so undervalued. 

4 hours ago, minijc said:

I don't, that was a wee joke yesterday, you've been fairly reasonable throughout to be fair to you.

It doesn't matter if we sustain it for 90 mins or know, the set up simply does not work, it looks better and more effective against better sides but that doesn't mean it's good like some folk seem to think.

I'm totally fed up of it and him and fuck all is changing, we are still giving up loads of chances, we are still failing to create a decent amount of chances ourselves, 0 corners in our last 3 games is utterly disgusting, if we persist with it, we are fighting relegation.

With Hayes currently not getting a game not having any corners is bad. It would be completely irrelevant if he’s on the pitch as his delivery from them is atrocious. 

On a positive note it looked like we’ve fucked off that long throw in nonsense too thank fuck. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Corners come from defensive clearances, blocks and saves normally. If a team isn’t needing to make these, then it’s because we aren’t doing enough to make them have to

5 hours ago, minijc said:

It does because it shows we don't get down the opposite end enough and it's not exclusive to the last 3 games as we are averaging less than 5 corners a game this season.  So that would suggest that we don't work the keeper/defence enough either.  When McInnes was manager, especially the first few season we created a lot which in turn produced a lot of corners.

In games against better sides where you are not expected to score, one of the main plans should be to get corners to give us a better chance of creating something, set pieces in general will always be a big help to inferior sides against the likes of Celtic and Rangers.

Good point about passing but it's not a shock is it when the managers tactics are to punt the ball forward, the players rarely see a ball in training.

Corners are actually a very poor way to score and only about 3% of corners result in a goal. I even remember one game we played Hamilton and we had about 20 corners and lost 1-0 so I think it’s a very strange thing to pull up on when in 2 of the 3 games we scored goals without having any corners. 

mini id say sevco probably played more percentage of long balls than us. I think it was when we played short passes giving the ball away that we generally gave the ball away in our half not long balls 

5 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I fairly get your logic min in relation to the recent games against PAOK and the fuckers yesterday as we ended up getting draws without getting corners in either game.

However, (attacking) corner kicks are a great way for our players to regroup and re-energise instead of the norm of backing off and being defensive, in the hope of hitting teams on the counter.

Playing this particular way is far more energy sapping and inflicts a greater chance of players getting injuries such as hamstrings, calf strains, and groin strains compared with having possession. 

Playing the high press is far more energy sapping that’s why you really have to pick your times to do it. Sadly yesterday I think in the second half we were pushed deeper so when we tried to press we were to far of them to begin with 

What fucks me off about the huns amongst other things, is they find it totally inconceivable to admit they get soft penalties, and they will freeze frame some stupid fucking angle and argue like fuck until there veins are popping out there necks. 

Same as when they have had calls for penalties against, like goldsons attempt at being a goalie, they come away with some stupid fucking argument that its not a penalty and just cant possibly see how there own team can commit a foul in there own box. Then start throwing the bitter accusations and about like its some sort of insult. Bitter seems to be there favourite word. Dont they realise everyone laughs at them, little wonder everyone hates the hun cunts, an absolute stain on society.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Given that Gordon now resides back in Aberdeen, I would find it hard to grasp why he would suddenly go anti Aberdeen FC.

He's a journo, after all, so maybe Cormack has cut off his supply line, or maybe it was Considine who was feeding him stuff, who knows? 

Its a fine line between being a happy clapper and a moaning bastard but most of us manage to find that middle ground. Really isn’t difficult -  a pair of fully functioning eyes suffice.

I agree.  I would sit in the middle ground.

Imo Gordon isnt sitting in the middle ground. Throwing his toys out the pram because he's lost his insider... wanker behaviour 

24 minutes ago, Zeus said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-robson-rangers-penalty-jibe-31541997

Lol. John Brown 

These cunts are rattled. Know it's corrupt as fuck.

Did that disgusting bald piece of shit come out with that when Gerrard made comments a few years ago? Or when his cunt club came out with a letter to the SPFL? 

I absolutely detest them bastards.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Let's face it. Both The Rangers and Celtic are the mafioso of the scottish football. Fans, ex players and media fawn over them to the extent they are never wrong. Ex players come out the woodwork, even those that have had bigger careers elsewhere but still identify as a blue or a green. The news stations provide bigger reporting on those 2 and give lip service to the rest. They always get a mention even when there is coverage of another game. My biggest gripe is the utter delight they have in explaining how bad our records are whilst hardly mentioning other teams misfortune. Paranoia? It is according to the mafioso.

11 hours ago, thurso said:

Corners are actually a very poor way to score and only about 3% of corners result in a goal. I even remember one game we played Hamilton and we had about 20 corners and lost 1-0 so I think it’s a very strange thing to pull up on when in 2 of the 3 games we scored goals without having any corners. 

mini id say sevco probably played more percentage of long balls than us. I think it was when we played short passes giving the ball away that we generally gave the ball away in our half not long balls 

Playing the high press is far more energy sapping that’s why you really have to pick your times to do it. Sadly yesterday I think in the second half we were pushed deeper so when we tried to press we were to far of them to begin with 

We were pushed or asked to play deeper in the second half, whether that was through the scum having plenty of possession or through choice (i.e. the manager's game plan).

I feel it was more to do with complying with the orders of Barry Robson and unfortunately that led to their inevitable penalty, as by that time they had exhausted all ways of trying to breach our defence, so it was no surprise whatsoever that the match officials would intervene, whether we agree if it was a penalty or not.

(I don't as that dumpling Lammers committed the initial foul (blicking Stefan Gartenmann's run) in that phase of play which led to Jihadi John's (AKA Greg Louganis) repulsive act of cheating). 

57 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Let's face it. Both The Rangers and Celtic are the mafioso of the scottish football. Fans, ex players and media fawn over them to the extent they are never wrong. Ex players come out the woodwork, even those that have had bigger careers elsewhere but still identify as a blue or a green. The news stations provide bigger reporting on those 2 and give lip service to the rest. They always get a mention even when there is coverage of another game. My biggest gripe is the utter delight they have in explaining how bad our records are whilst hardly mentioning other teams misfortune. Paranoia? It is according to the mafioso.

Unfortunately, it seems that usually happens in most leagues in which the 2 most popular teams have dominated most of the years (I can think of Spain and Peru as other examples). This won't change as long as media continues focusing on ratings.

55 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Has Goldson been cited yet?

Don't be silly. It's long been established hun players can strike opponents in the face with impunity. 

Kent on Brown a few years back. 

Kent on Scales in the League Cup Semi last year. 

Goldson on Sunday.

It's not viewed as violent conduct, big Connor byraway didnae mean it so he didnae.

Farce.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

We were pushed or asked to play deeper in the second half, whether that was through the scum having plenty of possession or through choice (i.e. the manager's game plan).

I feel it was more to do with complying with the orders of Barry Robson and unfortunately that led to their inevitable penalty, as by that time they had exhausted all ways of trying to breach our defence, so it was no surprise whatsoever that the match officials would intervene, whether we agree if it was a penalty or not.

(I don't as that dumpling Lammers committed the initial foul (blicking Stefan Gartenmann's run) in that phase of play which led to Jihadi John's (AKA Greg Louganis) repulsive act of cheating). 

I think it’s a mix of the two of sevco pressing us more pushing us back and also robson saying don’t leave any gaps for them to play through us.

The penalty gave them an easy option for the ref to give them something, if it was do blatant he would of gave it straight away since he was about 6 yards away looking straight at it and gave nothing. If it was so blatant and didn’t see it he is more incompetent than I originally thought. During the game there were a good few decisions our players were getting worked up about, throw ins and by kicks that we should have got but went there way. I know that’s trivial but it was more than the penalty that went against us. 

14 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Don't be silly. It's long been established hun players can strike opponents in the face with impunity. 

Goldson on Sunday.

It's not viewed as violent conduct, big Connor byraway didnae mean it so he didnae.

Farce.  

I’m sure it was sima who went for a header with one of our players leading with an elbow that was also said to be accidental 

24 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think it’s a mix of the two of sevco pressing us more pushing us back and also robson saying don’t leave any gaps for them to play through us.

The penalty gave them an easy option for the ref to give them something, if it was do blatant he would of gave it straight away since he was about 6 yards away looking straight at it and gave nothing. If it was so blatant and didn’t see it he is more incompetent than I originally thought. During the game there were a good few decisions our players were getting worked up about, throw ins and by kicks that we should have got but went there way. I know that’s trivial but it was more than the penalty that went against us. 

Spot on summary of how Sunday's game panned out. 

Nick Walsh was the referee when we played the filth in the league cup semi final last season, so we all know how poor and incompetent he is as a referee, considering he failed to send off three RIFC players on that day, whilst he couldn'tresist sending off Anthony Stewart when the time arose.

Like you say, if it was a stonewall penalty, why wasn't it awarded without the interference of VAR?

4 hours ago, CCB III said:

Goldson on Sunday.

Farce.  

Has the compliance officer offered Cantwell a 2 match ban yet?