Aberdeen 1 - 1 Sevco

On 11/27/2023 at 10:01 PM, thurso said:

mini id say sevco probably played more percentage of long balls than us. I think it was when we played short passes giving the ball away that we generally gave the ball away in our half not long balls 

They played roughly the same number of long passes but as a percentage Rangers played over 600 or so passes in the game, with long ones being 12% (roughly 2 in 17), Aberdeen 260 or so passes with long ones accounting for 30% (almost 1 in 3).

Aberdeen's pass completion was only 53%.  An utterly appalling statistic in the modern game. That's 141 completed passes in the game. To put that into some kind of perspective, as a viewing punter we can expect to see Aberdeen player successfully find a team-mate three times every two minutes in the game.

The target needs to be something like 80%.  If you look through various leagues you will find that teams with a pass % lower than 70% are invariably near the bottom of their division.

So no, not even close to the same percentage of long passes but it's not necessarily something an ordinary fan really takes note of.  An analyst or someone educated in the game would notice.

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

They played roughly the same number of long passes but as a percentage Rangers played over 600 or so passes in the game, with long ones being 12% (roughly 2 in 17), Aberdeen 260 or so passes with long ones accounting for 30% (almost 1 in 3).

Aberdeen's pass completion was only 53%.  An utterly appalling statistic in the modern game. That's 141 completed passes in the game. To put that into some kind of perspective, as a viewing punter we can expect to see Aberdeen player successfully find a team-mate three times every two minutes in the game.

The target needs to be something like 80%.  If you look through various leagues you will find that teams with a pass % lower than 70% are invariably near the bottom of their division.

So no, not even close to the same percentage of long passes but it's not necessarily something an ordinary fan really takes note of.  An analyst or someone educated in the game would notice.

Well there you go that passing completion stat is far more damning than not getting any corners 

On 11/28/2023 at 7:20 AM, brunstanesheep said:

What fucks me off about the huns amongst other things, is they find it totally inconceivable to admit they get soft penalties, and they will freeze frame some stupid fucking angle and argue like fuck until there veins are popping out there necks. 

Same as when they have had calls for penalties against, like goldsons attempt at being a goalie, they come away with some stupid fucking argument that its not a penalty and just cant possibly see how there own team can commit a foul in there own box. Then start throwing the bitter accusations and about like its some sort of insult. Bitter seems to be there favourite word. Dont they realise everyone laughs at them, little wonder everyone hates the hun cunts, an absolute stain on society.

What, like the freeze frame that shows Gartenmann pulling Goldsons top you mean?

• Downvote 1

As mentioned with others var favours celtic and rangers as they dominate possession in the box.. so almost anything questionable will be reviewed.  However the lack of penalities for rangers seems to statistically near impossible.. that seems highly suspect. It almost seems like refs do not want to impact the title race between the two glasgow clubs.

1 hour ago, Donscanada said:

As mentioned with others var favours celtic and rangers as they dominate possession in the box.. so almost anything questionable will be reviewed.  However the lack of penalities for rangers seems to statistically near impossible.. that seems highly suspect. It almost seems like refs do not want to impact the title race between the two glasgow clubs.

Yes, but it also appears that the "VAR team" most certainly do.

5 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

AFC met the referee association last week before the game and were told only shirt pulling that prevents clear goal scoring opportunities would be given...

Bizarre 

Pull a shirt outfield = Free kick

Pull a shirt in the box = Pen, but then again not, if, in someone's opinion you're not getting to the ball

They deliberately make it difficult in order to hide

Issues with rules being applied inconsistently will happen with or without VAR as the ref has to apply judgement.

For the Rangers penalty you’ve seen them given, and you’ve seen them not given but it was silly to give the ref the chance. However, I’m dubious we’d get that decision at Ibrox (see Duk from last season etc) or one of our players would get away with striking a player off the ball as Goodson did with Polvara.

At the moment with VAR it feels like if you want to find a reason to give a penalty you will be able to find one - I’ve not seen it yet but apparently Newcastle gave away a late penalty against PSG last night where this appeared to be the case, so it happens outside a Scotland too.

In a weird way i think it’s good long term as highlights the issue and hope over time VAR will improve consistency-if it’s not done this in a few years I’d bin it, as there’d be no real benefit, just a time cost.

Overall for me, I still though we didn’t play well enough in the second half and we need to focus on that for now as it’s more in our control. 

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Millertime said:

What, like the freeze frame that shows Gartenmann pulling Goldsons top you mean?

Like every dubious penalty given I mean.

Its funny how fans of every other club can hold their hands up and say aye we got away with that or oh we were lucky to get that it was soft as fuck. But every hun to a man finds it impossible to beleive their own team could commit a foul in there own box and every soft as fuck penalty is a stonewaller.

All the while shouting “read the rules” when they cant even read.

9 minutes ago, brunstanesheep said:

Like every dubious penalty given I mean.

Its funny how fans of every other club can hold their hands up and say aye we got away with that or oh we were lucky to get that it was soft as fuck. But every hun to a man finds it impossible to beleive their own team could commit a foul in there own box and every soft as fuck penalty is a stonewaller.

All the while shouting “read the rules” when they cant even read.

I dont think that's very accurate 

• Downvote 3
14 hours ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

Issues with rules being applied inconsistently will happen with or without VAR as the ref has to apply judgement.

For the Rangers penalty you’ve seen them given, and you’ve seen them not given but it was silly to give the ref the chance. However, I’m dubious we’d get that decision at Ibrox (see Duk from last season etc) or one of our players would get away with striking a player off the ball as Goodson did with Polvara.

At the moment with VAR it feels like if you want to find a reason to give a penalty you will be able to find one - I’ve not seen it yet but apparently Newcastle gave away a late penalty against PSG last night where this appeared to be the case, so it happens outside a Scotland too.

In a weird way i think it’s good long term as highlights the issue and hope over time VAR will improve consistency-if it’s not done this in a few years I’d bin it, as there’d be no real benefit, just a time cost.

Overall for me, I still though we didn’t play well enough in the second half and we need to focus on that for now as it’s more in our control. 

That's it. Fucking stupid. It was a penalty. Surely all players new to the club from outside Scotland should learn about how things work in the Scottish game. Delinquent not to.

On 11/28/2023 at 9:41 AM, Dynamo said:

Has Goldson been cited yet?

Is there even a compliance officer anymore? Pretty sure that they reckon it's unnecessary as VAR is meant to pick up on the previously unnoticed. 

Regardless though even before VAR, Goldson was booked so he wouldn't have been cited, as the ref noticed and acted. Shite, but those were the rules.

2 hours ago, Macski said:

Is there even a compliance officer anymore? Pretty sure that they reckon it's unnecessary as VAR is meant to pick up on the previously unnoticed. 

Regardless though even before VAR, Goldson was booked so he wouldn't have been cited, as the ref noticed and acted. Shite, but those were the rules.

They must hot shot of the compliance officer because if they hadn’t there is no way Cantwell wouldn’t be cited with that outrageous dive and kick out at two of our players 

12 hours ago, Macski said:

So.... Shinnie last season....

Yeah that's what I thought.

And what everyone says. I don't need to repeat it.

18 hours ago, Roberto said:

So.... Shinnie last season....

Yeah that's what I thought.

And what everyone says. I don't need to repeat it.

Shinnie's red last season was VAR bringing it to the refs attention. It was our appeal that meant a panel had to assess it. Nothing to do with compliance officers.

The whole thing is shite though. This review caper they had last week when they admitted 3 errors with VAR. One of them was a sending off for a Dundee player that they've admitted shouldn't have happened. Dundee appealed and it was rejected! Unbelievable