Aberdeen 0 - 1 Kilmarnock

32 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I’d actually be stunned if that was true 

Aren’t his family, in particular his Dad, diehard Aberdeen?

Imagine letting your loon sign for them. I’d disown the wee cunt.

Like Scott Wright and his family, then?

Players nowadays take the cash, and to fuck with who they support and also ramifications of their actions

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Disgrace. We might have got a draw had they been down to 10 men.

Fucking hell. Is that a permissible and legal attempt for the ball? Incredible. I'm completely lost on why that incident is overlooked.

Jihadi John's clothesline on Dante Polvara was criminal and a definite red card offence, now Watkins' assault on Stefan Gartenmann.

Fuck the SFA, Fuck the SPFL, Fuck VAR.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Like Scott Wright and his family, then?

Players nowadays take the cash, and to fuck with who they support and also ramifications of their actions

Difference is Barron is out of contract and has his pick of teams. Could see him being signed as a successor to McGregor but even that is going to be a few years out. Very surprised if he stayed in Scotland as he seems like the kind that could flourish abroad. Would recommend Spain so he could get some siestas.

14 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

This view was relayed by plenty in the weeks leading up to the dunt for all of McInnes, Glass and Goodwin.

Yet, of course, it happened.

As for what's the point...

Well, stopping us from being relegated would seem a fairly pertinent point.

Come on min.

Yes and look at the shambles we’re in now. 

My point is pretty simple - we need to get this appointment right and if the board hasn’t already identified someone then they need to do so before we dunt Robson. 

If we sack Robson and they don’t have a candidate in mind, that immediately puts us under pressure to appoint someone. Putting hopes in an interim manager is hopeful at best - things could get a lot worse. 

The other option would be a temporary appointment e.g. someone like McLeish til the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, BrisDon said:

Yes and look at the shambles we’re in now. 

My point is pretty simple - we need to get this appointment right and if the board hasn’t already identified someone then they need to do so before we dunt Robson. 

If we sack Robson and they don’t have a candidate in mind, that immediately puts us under pressure to appoint someone. Putting hopes in an interim manager is hopeful at best - things could get a lot worse. 

The other option would be a temporary appointment e.g. someone like McLeish til the end of the season. 

They've had fucking ages to identify someone.  The writing has been on the wall for Robson for some time now.

Just now, Ernie McCracken said:

They've had fucking ages to identify someone.  The writing has been on the wall for Robson for some time now.

Has it? Up until the last few games I suspect the board accepted all of the excuses; 4 games against Rangers/Celtic, impact of Euro schedule, lack of home games. I suspect the board hasn’t even considered it until the last week. 

23 minutes ago, BrisDon said:

Has it? Up until the last few games I suspect the board accepted all of the excuses; 4 games against Rangers/Celtic, impact of Euro schedule, lack of home games. I suspect the board hasn’t even considered it until the last week. 

I guess that's my point. The board are running a professional sporting organisation, if they were competent they should have been able to tell something wasn't right. 

They fell into the same trap with Goodwin and got caught with their pants down.

As the old saying  goes 

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

27 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I guess that's my point. The board are running a professional sporting organisation, if they were competent they should have been able to tell something wasn't right. 

They fell into the same trap with Goodwin and got caught with their pants down.

As the old saying  goes 

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

What about fool me thrice?… 

6 hours ago, Reykjavik 1967 said:

Maybe it's been discussed already, but McGrath was pushed flat on his face in their box while running towards a throw in, second half ? That looked like a penalty at the time but no whistle and presumably no VAR check. Why is that not a penalty?

I think there was a wee delay while it was checked

On 12/6/2023 at 10:30 PM, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

I'm being serious here: with a proper, proper manager, the Dons would have topped Conference League (Frankfurt aren't good, they got beat by a Tier 3 side in the Cup tonight, demolishing teams in the League Cup, including Hibs and Rangers, winning it and be 3rd in the league, even 2nd.

Goes to show what a CLUELESS manager can do to a squad of very good players at a legacy club with passionate fans in a city of 250,000 people.

Chrissakes min. Frankfurt beat Bayern Munich 5-1 today. And you call other people CLUELESS 

• Downvote 1

Bayern often have horrific results, blips, they had two howlers in a row last season. Kilmarnock just beat Celtic, these results happen. Bayern got beat by a tier 3 side in the German Cup two weeks ago. That SAME TEAM - Saarbrucken then beat Frankfurt in Round of 16, 2-0, could have been 4-0, Frankfurt in 2023 aren't a good side. Stuttgart are 10 times better than them, third in the league and they play Leverkusen today who top the league right now. Bayern aren't an invincible team, Kane has saved their arse this season.

Aberdeen v Frankfurt is a meaningless game in the depths of winter. Field a weak side, then be at full strength to beat Rangers at Hampden. Very very doable with the right mentality in place. Pragmatism is the only good -ism in life.

18 hours ago, dave_min said:

Bayern are shite. Over 100 years and they’ve never managed to win at Pittodrie.

Obviously they aren't shite, but they have bad seasons, get thrashed from time to time. I only watched a bit of Frankfurt v Bayern and it was hard to tell what went wrong. Who cares, Dons v Frankfurt is a meaningless game, focus on getting everything right at Hampden next Sunday. Rangers are still wonky as fuck, the Aris game showed that, they don't control their games and the pressure is on them like fuck these days. Game is ours for the taking, no excuses, no one is injured, the players should just go out there and get stuck in, attack and hold their heads high whatever happens. If we see shit football, we'll all go nuclear on Robson, that's happened already.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Shirley, this is meaningless for EF too? Or is there a benefit in ending top of an EC Group? Nae idea and checking between them and PAOK

if neither of us give a fuck, then hopefully EF play there under U18s and we just play with Big Papa G, Ruby, 8 lucky posters from the hat and a goalie and keep the score respectable! 

Yep meaningless for Frankfurt too as they can't top the group.