Aberdeen 0 - 1 Kilmarnock

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The experiment is over. Get Robson out tomorrow. There is no law saying you can’t sack a manager before a cup final.

It was over months ago tbh.

Everything since is just procrastination. We’ll probably dick about a bit longer too.

Thing is, I don’t want them to sack him- I want them to find his replacement THEN sack the cunt.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Everytime our midfielders receive a pass they look like they've been introduced to the ball for the first time and they've also got weights around their ankles, especially Shinnie.

Clarkson in particular and McGrath are both high quality, technically good footballers. We would be as well playing them in goals, given our style of play. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Everytime our midfielders receive a pass they look like they've been introduced to the ball for the first time and they've also got weights around their ankles, especially Shinnie.

Shinnie was poor tonight. The whole midfield was poor, as it is often. They don't get the chance to get into the game and assert any control as they are either bypassed completely or are caught chasing back and forth or simply we are so one dimensional that an experienced manager can easily get his team to boss the midfield. We always look a man down no matter what the lineup is.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

So we give Robson 2 more games to continue fucking up our season ?

Why, exactly ?

Why do you think an interim manager would  be a better option at this stage? The evidence for a ‘bounce’ after a sacking is pretty flimsy.

I’m not saying give him more time. I’m saying we need an ordered transition. Sacking him without a willing replacement in mind could well and truly implode our season. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the board haven’t even considered the need for a replacement until tonight. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
17 minutes ago, BrisDon said:

Agree that every manager we have appointed after McInnes has been a step down. McInnes had gone stale but he had a good record overall and we were never a basket case under his management. 

The ‘head coach’ model we’ve adopted hasn’t really worked. If we’re going to spend a million pounds in the summer you would think those making the outlay would want a manager with a track record of assembling a team on that kind of budget. 

Agreed! We have a manager that hasn’t assembled any team on any budget though, which I know is your point!

Im not saying DM is the be all to end all. Did a fine job though! Clowns like glass, Goodwin and Robson make DM look like fucking Bob Shankly.

1 minute ago, BrisDon said:

Why do you think an interim manager would  be a better option at this stage? The evidence for a ‘bounce’ after a sacking is pretty flimsy.

I’m not saying give him more time. I’m saying we need an ordered transition. Sacking him without a willing replacement in mind could well and truly implode our season. 

If the FMB have learnt any lessons from the last time, they will have spent the last month or so identifying the new man so he's ready to come straight in. 

If....

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JakieBastard said:

The bit I can't get my head around is that you're clearly under pressure and need the team to perform well in front of their own fans.

So you inexplicably tell Roos and the defence to lump it long whenever they have the ball and hopefully we'll nick a goal.

I genuinely couldn't see any game plan beyond that

He doesn’t tell them to do that. He doesn’t tell them to do anything, that’s the issue. The players have no idea how to get from front to back because the manager doesn’t have any idea either.

2 minutes ago, JakieBastard said:

The bit I can't get my head around is that you're clearly under pressure and need the team to perform well in front of their own fans.

So you inexplicably tell Roos and the defence to lump it long whenever they have the ball and hopefully we'll nick a goal.

I genuinely couldn't see any game plan beyond that

You're clearly thinking too hard.  We're lions led by donkeys.

7 minutes ago, Helmet said:

It was over months ago tbh.

Everything since is just procrastination. We’ll probably dick about a bit longer too.

Thing is, I don’t want them to sack him- I want them to find his replacement THEN sack the cunt.

A Dutch or Belgian club that was on Conference League and had Robson or a Robson-like manager would have binned him in September and got someone experienced, successful or somewhat successful, just a solid, UEFA savvy manager. Cormack stuck with Robson because HE ALSO HAS NO FUCKING CLUE. I say he needs to go, too. Tier 5 club owners have more nous and moxie than that old duffer.

• Upvote 1

Sticking with Ruby for so long has not helped, I think Barry was the wrong choice from the outset.  Now it really is stick or twist, given the Glass and Goodwin debacles, the FMB are somewhat reluctant to change horses mid stream.  They have to forget that and bite the bullet, get a high(ish) calibre manager in to turn this around or just give up on this season.  Oh and Ruby can get tae fuck!

• Upvote 1

number of times we had a central defender 5 yards from the centre circle with an EMPTY centre circle in front of him play the ball sideways of backwards was matched by the number of times the midfield watch a ball fly over their heads - be won by a killie player and passed through our midfield

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sc0tsmanGB said:

Sticking with Ruby for so long has not helped, I think Barry was the wrong choice from the outset.  Now it really is stick or twist, given the Glass and Goodwin debacles, the FMB are somewhat reluctant to change horses mid stream.  They have to forget that and bite the bullet, get a high(ish) calibre manager in to turn this around or just give up on this season.  Oh and Ruby can get tae fuck!

Ruby mentioned twice when he didn't play

Fucking weird

The defending was calm and measured all night without him wasnt it ... the goal at the end . Fantastic management of the defence by Macdonald

8 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Great performance by Villa tonight, McGinn was brilliant. Going to be a  mental end to the season down south!

Gilmour man of the match (2nd game in a row I think)

McGinn man of the match.

McTominay scores 2 against Chelsea.

Good night for Scotland players.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Sc0tsmanGB said:

Had Ruby been on the pitch they would not  have scored that goal Tonight. 

• Haha 2