Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

6 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

He also lost the ball after some neat play and rather than play a really simple pass that would've set up another attack for us he laboured on the ball and lost it. He then jogged back as the Hearts player ran away from him.

There was also another similar play where he had acres of space to play a pass that would've given us a shot and he held onto it and then lost it. I really hate that we turn to him when we need something. 

I can almost accept him losing the ball if he's trying, but jogging when the game is there to be won....  seriously WTF. He should be busting a gut.  Imagine Clarkson had decided to jog and just hope Duk would do it all himself.

That attitude is the difference between winners and losers.

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Ach who cares

If banter is given from the stands we should expect it back 

Best way to answer him is beating him

Exactly. I actually like it when players do that v us. Makes it all the sweeter when/if it backfires.

Another one I particularly liked was the Scott McKenna wonder strike v Killie after Boyd had been taking piss & even shouted to McKenna to shoot 🤣

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Harsh?  I'm being factual not harsh.  I was impressed for the Duk header - thats the first time ive seen him get a yard on his man and swing in a good cross.  But for the Clarkson goal, watch the highlights. He was jogging.  Fucking jogging. Just watch it.

He’s nae a footballer.

DarrenMackieesque.

4 hours ago, The Lighthouse said:

It`s always good to win but we should also remember where are are in the context of this season. Utterly unacceptable is my take on it.

At 3.00pm we were 2nd bottom of the league, albeit with (allegedly) the 3rd highest budget....

The defeat at home against Kilmarnock was the last straw for me (6-0 against the Tims was fkn diabolic but somehow seems to have been brushed aside) - regardless of whatever happened today. 

Even if we somehow manage to beat the huns next week(£100 to a named charity if we do - let me know) I am still unlikely to change my mind on the current administration / management.  Robson is simply not equipped to deal with the challnges ahead. He is not a manager and overwhelming evidence is there for all to see. Witness the start today..motivational speaches...?

In an ideal world we have a change of owner next year but that is highly unlikely. As someone else said in a previous thread, the opening of the long awaited training ground has coincided with a complete collapse in the capability of the team...despite various changes in manager. Dodging dog shite at public parks was a much better option it appears.

I have followed Aberdeen over a number of decades and since the early 1990`s we have spiralled downwards ...2 League Cups against utterly shite Dundee and Inverness teams doesn`t cover up the decline.

The malaise in our once great club continues... dismiss the 2nd half today and think about it. Are we happy with this situation? Fuck no - I am alll for complete change. Has Burrows made any impact? Has Cormack improved anything (apart from building - and naming the training ground)?

https://moroccanchildrenstrust.org/

1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

Just seen the highlights. Poor marking for their goal, but excellent comeback. Duk's 'pass'... not sure about that one.

Robson still has to go 

Come on min. Doing Duk a massive discredit doubting that pass. No way that was a shot/dink attempt using inside of foot. That was 100% intended pass. If he was looking to put that over/around keeper he would have used outside of foot. Clark was out pretty quick closing angle so Duk made best choice & passed it.

54 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Come on min. Doing Duk a massive discredit doubting that pass. No way that was a shot/dink attempt using inside of foot. That was 100% intended pass. If he was looking to put that over/around keeper he would have used outside of foot. Clark was out pretty quick closing angle so Duk made best choice & passed it.

Looked gie dinkyish. Either way, fuck em.

I do not understand the amount of you thinking Duk's cross was a fluffed shot. He looks up and sees Clarkson just before he passes it across to him. This is the guy that a while ago when going down in the box managed to backheel pass the ball wide to Miovski. He has trickery and skills that we rarely see in Scotland.

If he could get the confidence and fitness back to last season we'd be laughing, and a couple of times today he did look like the last season player.  

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah I’m not believing that at all. No way was his shot that bad 🤣 Clark was out on him quick & he knew exactly where Clarkson was. Brilliant pass. His run in on goal was immense though regardless. 

His run, barging through Hearts players and steaming away from them was a last season Duk. 

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

Aye

Win 10 of the next 12 and he's probably safe

6 hours ago, Russell said:

Agreed. If he wins every game, keep him

For some perspective....

We have played 15 league games this season, 11 of those have been against the current top 6.

For comparison, hearts have played 16 matches, with 9 against current top 6.

Hibs and St mirren have played 17 with 8 of those against current top 6, killie also played only 8.

If you calculate the points each has obtained against the current top 6, and include what we have taken, you will find we are dead level with both hibs and St mirren....

We are the only club who have played 4 matches against the weegie clubs

We are the only club who have played 4 matches against the Edinburgh clubs.

The league table is deceptive...

Hibs, hearts, St mirren have all played way more matches against bottom 6 clubs than us.

we now have a run of fixtures coming up to around 24 January, where the table will start to balance itself out and we will get a true reflection on where the club is....

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Peedie1 said:

For some perspective....

We have played 15 league games this season, 11 of those have been against the current top 6.

For comparison, hearts have played 16 matches, with 9 against current top 6.

Hibs and St mirren have played 17 with 8 of those against current top 6, killie also played only 8.

If you calculate the points each has obtained against the current top 6, and include what we have taken, you will find we are dead level with both hibs and St mirren....

We are the only club who have played 4 matches against the weegie clubs

We are the only club who have played 4 matches against the Edinburgh clubs.

The league table is deceptive...

Hibs, hearts, St mirren have all played way more matches against bottom 6 clubs than us.

we now have a run of fixtures coming up to around 24 January, where the table will start to balance itself out and we will get a true reflection on where the club is....

what’ a load of pish. We’re where we are in the league because we’re shite.

We’ve played the Edinburgh teams more than anyone? Both are bang average teams…(described on here regularly as being shite).

Just as well we’ve played the Glasgow pair twice each, given we’ve taken a quarter of our points from sevco.

hearts, hibs and st mirren will have played more games against bottom 6 clubs than us as we are a bottom 6 team…

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

All too predictable. The point has been made over and over and over and over.

Fuck me, Robson will probably be sacked at some point. Agreed.

Enjoy the win guys. Enough of the "I will eventually get the last laugh" pish. Make a point and move on. It's the constant nipping away at anyone showing any form of happiness which irks folk.

Exactly. If folk can't enjoy the wins then you have to wonder if there's any point at all.