Aberdeen 2 - 1 Hearts

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

I don’t understand the reasoning behind folk who say they don’t have any issue with the 3/5 at the back, it’s the resultant hoofball that they primarily have the issue with.

For me, they are intrinsically linked. For example, you bring on Morris to stretch the game at 1-1, but you don’t want him having to also do defensive duties. 3/5 at the back just the whole setup of the side, both offensively and defensively.

Even yesterday when he seemed to be struggling to put 3CBs together he persisted with the formation. He has nothing else.

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I don’t understand the reasoning behind folk who say they don’t have any issue with the 3/5 at the back, it’s the resultant hoofball that they primarily have the issue with.

For me, they are intrinsically linked. For example, you bring on Morris to stretch the game at 1-1, but you don’t want him having to also do defensive duties. 3/5 at the back just convolutes the whole setup of the side, both offensively and defensively.

Even then Morris isn't a player I want near the first team pitch for Aberdeen, good athlete but not a football brain or ability 

Reservations that Robson will adapt/change as he's been resistent to changing things

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Maybe engage your own brain instead of being a patronising cunt who happily accepts the shit being served up.

Oh man oh man. It didn't take a lot for the trigger button to be pressed.

I'm far from happy (think I've been clear with that).

I patronise you because you don't have an off button. 25 pages of this thread and around half of it is you making the same points over and over. We get it. Robson isn't good and should be sacked.

You're just an angry angry man.

I am delighted at the win yesterday.

• Thanks 1

Aye, he's wedded to the 3 at the back at the moment. Doesn't help that on the few occasions he has change to a back 4 we've been terrible, second half at home against Hibs being the prime example. 

He has used 3 or 4 different set ups in midfield though with varying levels of success. 

Hopefully the rumours are true that we've been targeting wide players for the January window as that might inspire some confidence in trying a back 4. That as well as getting another grafter in midfield. 

15 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Oh man oh man. It didn't take a lot for the trigger button to be pressed.

I'm far from happy (think I've been clear with that).

I patronise you because you don't have an off button. 25 pages of this thread and around half of it is you making the same points over and over. We get it. Robson isn't good and should be sacked.

You're just an angry angry man.

I am delighted at the win yesterday.

This is my 34th post, a lot less than half of the thread but I'll use it wisely, you are a fucking panny.

I am also delighted that we won, if you go back to my first post on this thread you'll see that I said we would win.

45 minutes ago, minijc said:

He's the one setting the team up and persisting with certain things which have clearly not been working.

Yes robson has gotten a lot wrong this season but generally in Europe not so much and there are other reasons why we’ve not won a game or two not just all on robson 

1 minute ago, minijc said:

This is my 34th post, a lot less than half of the thread but I'll use it wisely, you are a fucking panny.

I am also delighted that we won, if you go back to my first post on this thread you'll see that I said we would win.

Christ on a bike.

Insults thrown around like sweeties. A sign of a complete simpleton.

Good you can count though.

10 minutes ago, thurso said:

Yes robson has gotten a lot wrong this season but generally in Europe not so much and there are other reasons why we’ve not won a game or two not just all on robson 

Got to disagree with that, dreadful tactics in the Helsinki home game cost us way more than any ref.

5 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Christ on a bike.

Insults thrown around like sweeties. A sign of a complete simpleton.

Good you can count though.

Really good 'bit'

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Wow, £13m?  That's a big wage bill for our league. I thought ours was getting on the dangerously high side at £10m. 

Edit, just checked. Hearts wage bill in 2022/3 was £15.4m. Bloody hell 

Yeh fuck knows who they’re paying all that big cash to as well, not like they’ve made too many big signings. Guess shankland will be on 8/9k and the Australian boys they signed might be on similar. They signed that Kiomortzoglou who flopped last season who I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on a hefty wage.

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Got to disagree with that, dreadful tactics in the Helsinki home game cost us way more than any ref.

Really good 'bit'

I thought the performance at home to Helsinki wasn’t because of tactics it was because Helsinki turned up here and were very defensive which left us hardly any space to play through. If the ref did his job and sent their player off we would have had more space to play through. 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

I thought the performance at home to Helsinki wasn’t because of tactics it was because Helsinki turned up here and were very defensive which left us hardly any space to play through. If the ref did his job and sent their player off we would have had more space to play through. 

So the fact we couldn't break them down didn't have anything to do with our tactics?

And

We would only have been able to break them down playing against 10 as they are so good? 

Some team that Helsinki.

Actually we were also very defensive in that game too. Robson hoped they would come out and we could counter them as it's all he has. 

2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Didn't really matter who won. We're fighting over crumbs.

Aberdeen and Hearts should both be stronger than we are. We both have incompetent managers. We both get turned over at ease by the Glasgow pair. We're both behind St Mirren. We both have a reasonable CF and not a lot else on the park. And both sets of fans are feeling short changed every week.

The occasional win against each other doesn't change these facts.

There'll be various areas where we outdo each other, and I include Hibs here. For example our player sales income is shocking versus both Aberdeen and Hibs. But our turnover is higher. Blah blah.

But these three teams collectively should be stronger. Everything up here is designed to keep two teams a distance apart from the rest.

Aberdeen salary bill 4m.

Hearts salary bill 4.4m.

Hibs salary bill 4.8m.

Rotherham salary bill 8.4m.

It seemed to matter quite a lot to you when you appeared here gloating straight after full time in the game earlier in the season at Tynecastle you scarf twirling mini hun fud. 

14 hours ago, thurso said:

Morris is poor. He has pace to get past a full back and hit the byline but his crossing after that is no better than a 14 year old. There is probably a reason he had no assists before joining us. 

Talented feet, but poor decision maker. If he could sort his football intelligence he’d be decent.

Aberdeen and Hearts should both be stronger than we are. We both have incompetent managers. We both get turned over at ease by the Glasgow pair. We're both behind St Mirren. We both have a reasonable CF and not a lot else on the park. And both sets of fans are feeling short changed every week.

There'll be various areas where we outdo each other, and I include Hibs here. For example our player sales income is shocking versus both Aberdeen and Hibs. But our turnover is higher. Blah blah.

But these three teams collectively should be stronger. Everything up here is designed to keep two teams a distance apart from the rest.

Aberdeen salary bill 4m.

Hearts salary bill 4.4m.

Hibs salary bill 4.8m.

As evidenced by Rangers taking one point from the six available in matches between us both. 

• Upvote 1

Aberdeen salary bill 4m.

Hearts salary bill 4.4m.

Hibs salary bill 4.8m.

Hard to disagree with most of this, but that’s for another day.

Today?

Fuck ih Jambos

Up ih Dons, min

59 minutes ago, thurso said:

If a team is intent on sitting deep and denying space id have thought even folk from Thurso would have the brains to realise you don't try to launch the ball long straight at them. 

37 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Talented feet, but poor decision maker. If he could sort his football intelligence he’d be decent.

Morris needs to grow a set as well. When he can see a potential tough tackle oncoming, he bottles out of taking the ball round the defender; you can see him slowing down to avoid the possible clatter.

3 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Aberdeen salary bill 4m.

Hearts salary bill 4.4m.

Hibs salary bill 4.8m.

What age is your benefactor?

tick tock 

nearly party time for the worms 🐛 ⚰️

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Morris needs to grow a set as well. When he can see a potential tough tackle oncoming, he bottles out of taking the ball round the defender; you can see him slowing down to avoid the possible clatter.

His first instinct is to go backwards. Can't cross a ball. Looks short of confidence. If he starts, you know he will definitely get hooked. Knows deep down that this club is too big for him. What's not to like.