Aberdeen v Sevco - League Cup Final 2023

5 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

And that is the worry, a chairman who uses friendlies against Turriff and Fraserburgh as a measurement of success and celebrates draws like they we have one the champions league. 

Sad sad state of affairs. 

I genuinely think cormack has set us back a decade but let’s not do the fake news think of him counting friendly wins. He counted league games since Robson took over. 

26 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

NEM and BHL.

Now do you see why it was a fucking stupid team selection?

Fuckin shat it.

Hayes pish.

Rubi 2 big errors that should've cost us goals.

Clarkson and Shinnie wastes of shirts.

Barron wouldve been far more productive and Polvara.

Morris should've been running at defence creating more pressure and chances.

Our decision making and punting balls was criminal.

ZERO shots on goal for first half!!!!

Same fucking tactics soaking up pressure then putting on subs.

Precictable as fuck.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Fuck off you hun cunts!

Slag the team selection off then pray it all goes wrong so you can come back on and gloat about it.

Absolute vermin.

5 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Fucking, fucking Hell.

I’ve watched this again in case of any misunderstandings, stupidity on my part or due to the that fact I’m going senile that I may have misunderstood Barry.

Sadly my take on this at the second viewing is even worse than it was first time around.

We drove down to the Weeg this morning - a journey which took 4 and a half hours through shit weather, roadworks and massive tailbacks - to get into our seat at that shitheap which is Hampden at 2.55pm in time to support the team.

Listening to Robson again coming away with this utter crud is beyond the pale.

Cormack/Burrows, if by any chance you are reading this, get Robson to fuck out of our club - he’s killing us.

He’s a pretendy “manager” who hasn’t a clue.

That I can partly forgive because it’s not his fault he was given the role.

What is his fault, however, is the pish he spouts post game, week in week out coupled with bending over to the Huns - the fucking Huns - who are there for the taking.

If either of you, Mr Cormack or Mr Burrows, think that an interview like that from any Aberdeen manager is in any way acceptable, the two of you should also get the fuck out of our club.

Robson’s even more of a clown if he thinks that Aberdeen fans should put up with his shit.

That’s a disgraceful interview.

So Barry, we’ve no right to go down there and run the game against a “proper team” that just beat Real Betis? Sevco, the 26th ranked team in Europe, beat the 55th ranked team? You find that some kind of surprise?

Your own team ranked 126, beat the 27th ranked team on the same night. And yet we have no right to compete in a cup final? 

Loser mentality, in front of thousands of supporters who have had to travel to a shit hole with the hope of giving it go, and yet we’ve no right to do that? 

Your lack of respect to the support and the teams ability to win against a pretty dire opponent means you don’t deserve the job you’ve been given. 

Canz, but fuck it, he needs to go.

1 minute ago, wullfo said:

So Barry, we’ve no right to go down there and run the game against a “proper team” that just beat Real Betis? Sevco, the 26th ranked team in Europe, beat the 55th ranked team? You find that some kind of surprise?

Your own team ranked 126, beat the 27th ranked team on the same night. And yet we have no right to compete in a cup final? 

Loser mentality, in front of thousands of supporters who have had to travel to a shit hole with the hope of giving it go, and yet we’ve no right to do that? 

Your lack of respect to the support and the teams ability to win against a pretty dire opponent means you don’t deserve the job you’ve been given. 

Robson is not a loser, he’s won trophies, played in the champions league and for his country. He scored against Barcelona in the CL. Perhaps the limitations of our club is the thing that you are having difficulty accepting?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Got what we deserved out of that. Nothing.

Well I say that, Robson got what he deserved, the squad were let down by him and his tactics and approach. They deserve better than his management. 

Really poor game, never got going.

Waffle.

Proud rangers were holding the ball in the corner at the end 😂. Yeah that’s what will have us all sleep easy tonight. 

The effort put in was commendable but the tactics and style of play was as honking. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Robson is not a loser, he’s won trophies, played in the champions league and for his country. He scored against Barcelona in the CL. Perhaps the limitations of our club is the thing that you are having difficulty accepting?

I’m having difficulty accepting the limitations of our manager and the shite he speaks.

I’ve had faith in Shinnie and believed in him for a while now, but can’t believe how horrendous with the ball he is now. Not what you want from a central midfielder.

Almost every single one of our players panics with the ball and we can’t even do basic stuff.

Duk can fuck off with that diving shit as well.

I’d love to burn todd cantwell with a huge flame thrower

5 minutes ago, wullfo said:

Yeah! Just had a listen! That was poor from BR. Sadly, him talking up the hun publicly is what the players hear too. Ie we tried our best, but they’re better, so it’s probably the right outcome and will be in the future too, coz we’re playing against a ‘top team’.

Can’t imagine sir Alex saying that back in the day…

• Upvote 1

After that performance together with the majority of other dreadful performances this season and add his interviews into the mix, I don't see him lasting the season . It's embarrassing watching our team fail the basics of actually passing the ball. What do they actually do at training. They should be forced to watch that excuse of a performance then kick the shit out of each other.

3 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Today was the first time I've ever woke up completely convinced, on a cup final day, that we would not win. I had not a single ounce of hope for a win and there was not a single moment during the game that that changed. I've seen us in a lot of cup finals.

oh fuck off, those cup finals against Celtic when they were almost unbeatable were worse than this. When Rogic scored that last minute winner we all expected it. 

It’s just because it’s rangers you’re losing your mind. Hysterical nonsense.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

oh fuck off, those cup finals against Celtic when they were almost unbeatable were worse than this. When Rogic scored that last minute winner we all expected it. 

Don't argue just for the sake of it. I had hope before that game and during it (till Hayes fucked the pass for McLean) that's a fact. Yes we probably were all waiting for the Celtic winner at the point it came but that's irrelevant to what I said. You're a bit thick I think.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Think I'm the same. 

Hibs, Morton, Huns in semi 2018. 

Why do we do this?

Exact same. I kind of guessed the Celtic games, they roll into one but had a wee think and think I’m on 7 against them. Maybe counting wrong. 

Dundee United, Hibs, QoS and Motherwell all seen us off too. It’s an utterly shite club to support. 

Magic day apart from the football too. We will all do it again next time.

Just now, DelMonte said:

Exact same. I kind of guessed the Celtic games, they roll into one but had a wee think and think I’m on 7 against them. Maybe counting wrong. 

Dundee United, Hibs, QoS and Motherwell all seen us off too. It’s an utterly shite club to support. 

Magic day apart from the football too. We will all do it again next time.

Haha aye. 

If I'm honest I've had a great time with my brother, dad and his pals. 

Barry Robson ruined it!

2 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Yup^

Our midfield pairing of Shinnie and Clarkson..(and I'll say it AGAIN) are not good enough.

Where's the numerous posters on here who defend those 2 all the time?

Clarkson shone for us in a more advanced role. I cannot get my fucking head round why Robson blindly persists with Clarkson in this deeper role when we clearly have neutered his ability to really influence a game. He’s litterally taken a player that stood out head and shoulders for us and found a role for him where it ruins the whole thing. 

• Upvote 1