Rogue Traders - roofers

2 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Sacked fae the Vic after not turning up for my shift…then turning up to prop up the bar having been up all night on the ping pong.

Similar. Was a waiter at a hotel when a student. Was on the piss that weekend.

Called in sick and ended up back in the hotel the same night with people having a party in a room (trying to shag some birds).

Got spotted leaving via a fire escape still steaming in the morning.

Did not turn up to the disciplinary.

Never tried a mortar attack on work though, still time.

I phoned in sick when I worked at the gym in the Patio Hotel whilst chatting out my nut. The message got played in my disciplinary hearing. I started rambling about workers rights and persecutions in today's (2006) society.

Written warning. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

I phoned in sick when I worked at the gym in the Patio Hotel whilst chatting out my nut. The message got played in my disciplinary hearing. I started rambling about workers rights and persecutions in today's (2006) society.

Written warning. 

I thought you were working for James Aiken at that time min, unless the gym role was a second job?🤔

22 hours ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

Fencing is a tremendous job, our local fencing contractor stays in a mansion. Self made man. 
Made his money when the government was giving out livestock fencing grants along with hedging. 
All them grants have disappeared. That’s why you see so many roaming livestock in the summer. 

Is that LG, 

Rumour has it he built a swimming pool he's never been in cos he'sv too busy 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Bad_Mobby said:

First time:

As soon as I saw the print out of a woman with missing limbs being shagged, I knew the reason why I got pulled into the office. The early email days before social Media when you mass forwarded on filth, thinking it was funny (the boss at the time had a chuckle) 

Seems some women colleagues thought differently - written warning 

Second time:

The  “boss” had it in for me (we’d had fisticuffs) so he was looking for a way to sack me, so he fashioned a written/final (I forget) warning out of nothing (over working offshore or some pish lol) so I jumped before I was pushed - pissed him off even more as he didn’t get to finish the job 

Sacked fae the Vic after not turning up for my shift…then turning up to prop up the bar having been up all night on the ping pong 

Currently awaiting the outcome of an investigation after (unintentionally) shelling the workplace with a makeshift cannon 

The last one is a corker 😂

I was let go from my first paper round job after dropping a stink bomb (not a euphemism for a fart) in the shop for a laugh. Or, thinking back maybe I threw the stink bomb after being sacked. Anyway, it didn’t end well as I had to go back up and apologise after he phoned my house to complain. 
£1 a morning and £2.50 on a Sunday for carting about all those bloody supplements. Slave labour. He deserved it imo. 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

The last one is a corker 😂

I was let go from my first paper round job after dropping a stink bomb (not a euphemism for a fart) in the shop for a laugh. Or, thinking back maybe I threw the stink bomb after being sacked. Anyway, it didn’t end well as I had to go back up and apologise after he phoned my house to complain. 
£1 a morning and £2.50 on a Sunday for carting about all those bloody supplements. Slave labour. He deserved it imo. 

Think I got paid similar. The Sunday papers were a cunt min.

1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

How auld are yous cunts? Must be fuckin ancient if you were only on a pound a day. 

Haha £1 a day does sound bad, I suppose it took about an hour from start to finish before school. 
Still shit money and I remember getting a weekend job as a kitchen porter not too long afterwards for about £3.50 an hour and thinking I had hit the big time. 

22 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Haha £1 a day does sound bad, I suppose it took about an hour from start to finish before school. 
Still shit money and I remember getting a weekend job as a kitchen porter not too long afterwards for about £3.50 an hour and thinking I had hit the big time. 

The weekend was the bonus because you could turn up a wee bit later. If you went after opening time, the shopkeeper moved the papers off the shop floor through to the storeroom. All you had to do was wait till he was serving, go through and grab your papers, making sure to lift a box containing 200 Regal king size whilst there. Easy. 

14 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

The weekend was the bonus because you could turn up a wee bit later. If you went after opening time, the shopkeeper moved the papers off the shop floor through to the storeroom. All you had to do was wait till he was serving, go through and grab your papers, making sure to lift a box containing 200 Regal king size whilst there. Easy. 

Rascal. 

I bumped up the pay a wee bit by taking some extra papers to sell en route at a nearby care home. And, a box of blue or green extra chewing gum which were sold at school for a knockdown rate of 10p a pack. Plus some of those pencils which had the wee bit at the end to click to get the new lead/carbon to appear. They were very popular despite the carbon bit breaking if you so much as breathed on it. 20p for those. 
An almost victimless crime. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

So you were a thieving little cunt? What a little prick.

I remember clearing about  £5 a week delivering the Evening Express in the mid 80s.  Only had to deliver about 20 papers, but there was a trek in-between each house. Had to collect the money from all the customers  on a Friday and take it to the agents house. He was a mean looking English dwarf, gave me the fear 😄

9 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Good mark up on cigs bitd at school. Buy 20 for £2.50 fae the shops, sell individually for 20p. There was kids who didnt even smoke doing all fhe selling. Probably big in business now.

3 for £1 was the common market trading price at BODA and Charlie the Icer