Cormack Thread

58 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Eh? We are moving, he has never once said we’ll stay.

I also don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask to council to help pay for a stadium that they are requesting has community facilities so it can be used for things other than football either.

He can rightly be criticised for many things, but it was Stewart Milne who let the stadium fall into disrepair, and ACC and Covid that have delayed the stadium move, not Cormack.

No doubt a big chunk of blame at Milnes door,. But we allowed him to get a foot in the door with that fucking carbuncle he erected at the beach end , 

Guest milne_afc
On 11/22/2019 at 4:14 PM, minijc said:

sceptical of Cormack and why yanks would be willing to pile cash in for little to no gains (so far) and if other rumours are to be believed Cormack is a power hungry mad man.

FAO @aberdeen1970

7 hours ago, old sheep said:

Leadership is about making tough decisions at the right time. That could have been sacking JG or even saying that he remains until the end of the season. Cormack has bottled it, pure and simple. It tells you everything you need to know about the lack of leadership, vision and ambition at the club. A far cry from the days of Dick Donald and Chris Anderson and caps the most dispiriting week in the club’s history.

Cormack is a  Bottler, that’s full of shit. 

5 hours ago, Dorich Bisconti said:

It feels like the game on sat isn't real it feels like there will be no points for even a win& there will be no solace from this for months! the embarrassment from Monday will remain for years.! Fuck all fans who keep going and clapping especially at home!! 

Reality is we all are Aberdeen Football Club Supporter’s, I’m not a Dave Cormack Supporter. Born in the 70’s and have supported Afc all my life , Many Ups and Loads of Downs. I may grumble but I will always support Afc long after Cormack has gone. I’m sure he will also when he’s gone. It’s not about Cormack/Goodwin or Atlanta, it’s our club who must get better . COYR!!!!❤️

18 hours ago, winchester83 said:

Goodwin wins a reprieve ,Cormack loses the support

Sorry, late to this but I just dont see how he squares the circle.

Goodwin wins a reprieve - all well and good and saves us a few bob.

Cormack loses the support - no chairman/owner takes on the gig to be liked.  So be it.

For the plan to work, to shove two fingers up at everyone and show us the prawcess was actually right all along Goodwin then needs to sort his shit out and hope for backing (short term), win (short to medium term) and win on average (medium term) - ah no.

Thats the bit that I just cant see happening.  Cant even see threads of possibly happening.  But as always more than happy to be proved wrong.  

3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Sorry, late to this but I just dont see how he squares the circle.

Goodwin wins a reprieve - all well and good and saves us a few bob.

Cormack loses the support - no chairman/owner takes on the gig to be liked.  So be it.

For the plan to work, to shove two fingers up at everyone and show us the prawcess was actually right all along Goodwin then needs to sort his shit out and hope for backing (short term), win (short to medium term) and win on average (medium term) - ah no.

Thats the bit that I just cant see happening.  Cant even see threads of possibly happening.  But as always more than happy to be proved wrong.  

That’s the thing with the Cormack statement last night. He has lowered expectations so much that a few wins between now and the end of the season will be deemed good enough. We are in a league full of dross and, on our budget, should be winning most weeks.

Just now, old sheep said:

That’s the thing with the Cormack statement last night. He has lowered expectations so much that a few wins between now and the end of the season will be deemed good enough. We are in a league full of dross and, on our budget, should be winning most weeks.

Look at Everton in Epl money guarantees nothing, you need competency and desire. It’s that we are missing 

5 minutes ago, old sheep said:

The only people with lowered expectations will be DC and the arse lickers. Aberdeen fans have expectations of a club run well ( not often realised), with the goal to be a challenger in all Scottish football tournaments they enter ( we’re down to one again this season and falling down the table as teams figure out that if they double mark Duk and stretch our defence we have no answer) If AFC were a boat we are holed below the water line, sinking fast and the captain is pretending he always wanted to be a submariner while all about him are drowning. 

2 hours ago, Crossbow said:

The only people with lowered expectations will be DC and the arse lickers. Aberdeen fans have expectations of a club run well ( not often realised), with the goal to be a challenger in all Scottish football tournaments they enter ( we’re down to one again this season and falling down the table as teams figure out that if they double mark Duk and stretch our defence we have no answer) If AFC were a boat we are holed below the water line, sinking fast and the captain is pretending he always wanted to be a submariner while all about him are drowning. 

I’m just glad we’re still in one of the competitions (clinging on) in January 

7 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Who do you think will buy the club ?

Probably the less likely of the 2 scenarios but nothing stopping him stepping aside and letting one of the other board members steer the ship. We are governed by the Atlanta crew anyway so wouldn’t change anything but would take him out of the decision making and spotlight.

4 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

Probably the less likely of the 2 scenarios but nothing stopping him stepping aside and letting one of the other board members steer the ship. We are governed by the Atlanta crew anyway so wouldn’t change anything but would take him out of the decision making and spotlight.

You want one of the Atlanta lot running the club? 

Is there anyone on our board who has any clout left apart from Cormack and his American pals? 

Cormack is a fkn idiot & has only confirmed yet again how he has no clue about running a football club.

Basically given Goodwin a ‘beat Hibs or go’ ultimatum but that should have been given long ago & you could take your pick on which games.

If (just maybe) there are a couple/few/lot of players in the squad that do want him away or just don’t like him, then they now know they just have to fk up one more game to get him binned & every game is a game too many for this, so he should have been binned long ago.

16 hours ago, DoonTheLine said:

Not what I want but Cormack is an abject disaster, almost got me wanting bloody Milne back 😂 Board is a shambles!

I too have, almost from day one, felt that Cormack was a successful businessman who knew heehaw about running a football club.

That would be fine if he surrounded himself with an experienced and knowledgeable management infrastructure. But, no, he surrounds himself with yes dogs and ends up barking, badly, himself. 

We need someone to come along and buy him out otherwise this nightmare is going to continue and, most probably, get much, much worse. 

• Upvote 1