Cormack Thread

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

The interview makes me think he's going to make the necessary changes. 

Felt a bit sorry for Dave today. You can tell he's hurting.

Sometimes you've got to hit rock bottom for real change. It's a shame it's came to that.

I think Dave has a big heart and possibly, he's been too trusting of folk like Glass, Gunn, Goodwin and has been let down.

He needs someone with real experience of running a football club. He came back, even before formally replacing Milne and wanted to change the direction. McInnes had too much clout... he had Milne wrapped around his dick. So he's tried to do many of this on his own.... on a footballing front. Rob Wicks is fine where he is... but Dave's biggest mistake was allowing Gunn to oversee the 'stradejee'. To buy overseas and young talent, flip 'em and make a profit. But where's our biggest earners came from - two were youth team products.

No doubt at all, that he's take stock and make the changes. I think Milne still being there isn't condusive to developing the club. I also think Brown is a complete waste of time.

We need a DoF that can do the day to day running without Dave having to assume much of that responsibility. Gunn aint that guy, but we knew that from day1.

58 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

Seems pretty clear to me that 90 percent of the blame for our current state is on every cretin who sang DEREK DEREK GTF. If you're one of them you need to hang your head in shame tonight because you forced the Board to act. As for telling Cormack to GTF you show you have no understanding of the reality of professional football. We have supporters of every other club piling on to make the most of the current situation. But most of those clubs would love a chairman like Cormack. He is in it because he is an Aberdeen fan and he has put his blood, sweat and money into trying to improve us. If he hadn't backed Goodwin he would be castigated for being a control freak and not supporting his manager. I'm confident he will fix it and we would be better trying to find a way to help instead of ripping the club to bits .

Listen the biggest mistake with Hun DMC was that he had overstayed his shelf life, if he had left at least 18 months earlier,  it would have been better for both parties,  the sleekit cunt took advantage of the then chairman wanking off over him,  even the sleekit hoor himself said he had run his course, he just was 18 months too late, 

Exactly what has he done since he fucked off Hibs, Dundee Utd, Ranger's, and numerous clubs down south where he has " unfinished business" have all overlooked the cunt for a good reason.

• Dildo 1

What a completely humiliating week to be connected to the club.

The chairman crying live on the radio is quite something. 

I didn’t think the banter years would top that guy doing wheelies in the home dressing on his motorbike but by fuck Cormack has knocked the ball out the park here. 

Reading back that statement from the other night is crazy now who were the senior players that backed goodwin? Because it clearly wasn’t any of the ones out there today.

Or was Cormack lying to the fans again. 

Complete fucking shambles. 

13 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Come on

How can anyone watch that and not trust him

He had made big mistakes but there is zero doubt his heart is in the right place

He NEEDS to get shot of Gunn now too though and get an experienced guy in, he needs to

Get a top candidate DoF in and let him assess everything and appoint a manager he thinks we need

Good interview, hopefully honest. Takes responsibility for the mess. He needs to put the right people in the club structure who have the skills to take the team forward in their respective roles. Do that and he will regain respect. He is clearly hurting (or worthy of an Oscar). The manager is but one of the roles that needs fixed. I hope he recognises it. He finally did the needful. Onwards and upwards. 

23 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The interview makes me think he's going to make the necessary changes. 

Felt a bit sorry for Dave today. You can tell he's hurting.

Sometimes you've got to hit rock bottom for real change. It's a shame it's came to that. 

I felt sorry for him for about 10 seconds until I remembered we didn’t hear a peep from him this week until he released that statement. That only was a few days ago. He needs to give it up, he’s fucking hopeless.

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Come on

He had made big mistakes but there is zero doubt his heart is in the right place

He NEEDS to get shot of Gunn now too though and get an experienced guy in, he needs to

Get a top candidate DoF in and let him assess everything and appoint a manager he thinks we need

Did you see the statement about 3 days ago? It doesn’t change because he started crying on TV. He has no idea what he’s doing.

Come on

Absolutely. I think he has finally realised and accepted that this is the case. Will gain more respect if he puts the effort in to get the structure right for us now

1 minute ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Absolutely. I think he has finally realised and accepted that this is the case. Will gain more respect if he puts the effort in to get the structure right for us now

So he didn’t realise when we got beat 5 by Hearts or lost to a fucking junior team? C‘mon to fuck.

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

His next move will be interesting. I fear that Football Monitoring Board making anymore big decisions.

Me too.

Cormack isn't going anywhere so the best we can hope is he steps back a bit.

But the rest of the other 2 just don't have the football knowledge or command the respect to keep Cormack in check.

The next appointment might well be as fucked to as the last 2.

38 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Did you listen to the interview? He very clearly said he takes responsibility and apologised. 

i did and I don’t believe him. Not much anyone can do about that but I don’t trust him as far as I can throw him.

his actions will show if he and his cronies take responsibility-let’s see if the FMB changes in any way shape or form.

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

So he didn’t realise when we got beat 5 by Hearts or lost to a fucking junior team? C‘mon to fuck.

It's one thing to realise it but a whole different thing to acknowledge it and own it. I think he has done that. Hopefully it is a real catalyst for major change.

I'm not saying I feel sorry for him or all is forgiven. I'd accept him stepping back and being somewhat of a sugar daddy though

Just now, Millertime said:

Come on

100% he wants the best for the club and is determined to get them challenging

unfortunately with his cast of minions & being a supporter is a receipt for disaster and that has been proven. 

what is required next is due diligence and an acceptance that a football manager is a manager for a reason . End of season full and frank review of the football model although I think you can clearly see he is alluding to a fair few changes higher up 

The dof role is for me pivotal, that person has to have a say on appointment of management team, so that means that has to be the first appointment, , it has to be a footballing person, we have seen non football people in role and make a total cunt of it, a few exceptions. Leanne Dempster, Alan Burrows spring instantly to mind ,  but look at Jock Brown, Tony Ashgar, both way out of thier depths, 

It has to be an ex player, /manager/, coach,  preferably all 3,  who has dealt with aagents, chairmen,  directors, media, 

He should have been involved in European competitions, played abroad,  if possible,

He should be have overall control of football structure from youth to first team , 

He needs to be able to deal with spfl, SFA ,uefa and FIFA, 

He should be the one in charge of appointment of recruitment staff, scouts, the set up,  yes manager has to have final say, preferably in agreement with dof, but the dof should be able to flag up any concerns he has with ability of identified targets, and have the power to pause any signing upon further due diligence,. The dof should recommend any fee for incoming out going players and be in charge of transfer fees.

And I would also demand he heads up the the football monitoring board 

22 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Which points pal?
Don't recall making any in that quote.

I genuinely think Cormack has the best intentions for the club as a chairman and fan, but he has pointed the wrong people in Gunn etc, who don’t have have a clue what there doing. Cormack put faith in these guys to get it right but failed time and again. He doesn’t seem the type to fire people Willy nilly and it will be hard for him to make that decision, as I don’t think he is that type of guy who what’s to do that in the first place. I hate to say it but I think he should take a leaf from Anne budget and get people in who know about football, rather than people who he knows. Cormack is hurting just like the rest of us and I just hope he realises now you need people who are trained/ experienced for the role to do that role. 

6 minutes ago, Toondon said:

100% he wants the best for the club and is determined to get them challenging

unfortunately with his cast of minions & being a supporter is a receipt for disaster and that has been proven. 

what is required next is due diligence and an acceptance that a football manager is a manager for a reason . End of season full and frank review of the football model although I think you can clearly see he is alluding to a fair few changes higher up 

Do you think he is alluding to that?

I hope so, but I missed that

Reading between the lines from Cormack's RedTV interview i suspect Gunn will find out tomorrow that he too is out of a job. 

He also says it's key to get a team in place in time for both St Mirren and Motherwell games. Suspect they already know who they want and are either already well down the line in getting him. 

Also says the issues are thwt we can't defend and he's going to address it and quickly. Hopefully that means getting in any targets identified. We can't afford not to sign fucking good defenders.

I'm a massive critic of Cormack but think he now knows that the faith he placed in certain people was made from his heart and not his head. Biard meeting tomorrow. 

I agree on that, 100%

He needs to appoint a respected DoF and let him appoint the right manager

This is going to take time though

Unfortunately on the manager and recruitment side - we don’t have time. The window shuts in 3 days and we have no manager. We also have 2 games in the space of 4 days this week. He can turn on the water works all he wants, he has well and truly fucked it.