Cormack Thread

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Not sure how you work that one out.  Donald kicked off the accumulation of debt, that stupid hun cunt Milne accelerated it to the point it hamstrung the club for years (until the Donald's kindly stepped in)

Cormack was CEO for a year or so from 2000

This is his second crack at being in charge.

His first term ended when he failed to outsmart Milne. 

4 hours ago, beef_sister said:

I think his promotion to DOF was a worse appointment than giving Glass the managers job

Notable, the lack of RedTV interviews from this lad since his promotion. Tells its own story I reckon.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Its live now.

Hunter is saying there is no script!!! Aye right

Cormack claiming that we were at a final interview with another candidate (when Glass subsequently got appointed) when in the middle of the Zoom call, the candidate pulled out, as he got a job offer in England. Happened again, with someone else (think that's what he said) So Glass was option 3. Someone go and check which English clubs appointed a new manager in March 2021.

Vinnie cost half a million Euros. Theo helping out with recruitment in Holland, more will follow

As per, Hunter is making it all about him.

Danny Crowley,  Lee Bowyer,  Darren Moore or Gary Bowyer. That’s the 3 who got employed in March 2021.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Disagree. He maybe interrupted twice then let Cormack back in.

Fair play to Cormack. Not many owners/chairman would do that.

As he said at the beginning he can’t win sometimes. 
If he’s quiet, “he’s hiding”, if he comes out and speaks, he’s “attention seeking”.

The recruitment has definitely had the net widened anyway. Hopefully one or two more “Vicente’s” to make it more interesting.

Also speaking to Spanish & Italian clubs about their recruitment processes etc if I picked that up right (allegedly I’m working with this on in the background) 

Pretty much it.

I've it on in the background at work too.

Steve Archibald and Theo Snelders have helped out with regards some targets.

20 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

When he continually interupts, he is.

Ask the question, then STFU

Disagree. He maybe interrupted twice then let Cormack back in.

Fair play to Cormack. Not many owners/chairman would do that.

As he said at the beginning he can’t win sometimes. 
If he’s quiet, “he’s hiding”, if he comes out and speaks, he’s “attention seeking”.

The recruitment has definitely had the net widened anyway. Hopefully one or two more “Vicente’s” to make it more interesting.

Also speaking to Spanish & Italian clubs about their recruitment processes etc if I picked that up right (allegedly I’m working with this on in the background) 

13 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Also mentioned that after the 2-2 draw at Ibrox that Crawford Allan the head of refs came up for a chat at the request of the club. Basically we were told that had VAR been in place then, neither of the huns goals would've stood.

The VAR is a hard one to judge. Would we have been better off with it? 

There’s been some shockers against us, but how many of the NFL blocks that we scored from earlier in the season would’ve been disallowed from corners/free kicks? 

18 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Also mentioned that after the 2-2 draw at Ibrox that Crawford Allan the head of refs came up for a chat at the request of the club. Basically we were told that had VAR been in place then, neither of the huns goals would've stood.

That's nice to know but I just can't ever see those in charge of VAR or the ref in the match over turning both, the officials in this league are some of the worst, most corrupt bastards on earth.

• Upvote 1

The most clear thing that came through is that never ever give a young manager the full control over transfers, especially when he is used to coaching college players and has never ever been involved in a transfer window. 

The summer window was shocking and we should have never given the manager full control over this, which Cormack confirmed we did. Big window for Darren Mowbray and although Goodwin will have the final say and good input in the transfers, he will be bringing the players to the table. Mowbray and Gunn are the reason Vicente is here and we spent 500k euros in cash on him. 

17 minutes ago, minijc said:

That's nice to know but I just can't ever see those in charge of VAR or the ref in the match over turning both, the officials in this league are some of the worst, most corrupt bastards on earth.

Correct.
Madden, Beaton, McLean, Dallas etc on VAR duty involving the scum?

Only one way that’s going to go. 

Tavernier top scorer next year. 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

The ONLY question the club should be asking the SFA is why they knowingly appoint KNOWN Huns to referee hun matches.

Whether you believe they’re corrupt or it’s just (cough) “honest mistakes”, the fact they’re huns will always leave them open to claims of cheating/bias.

So why put them in that situation? 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The ONLY question the club should be asking the SFA is why they knowingly appoint KNOWN Huns to referee hun matches.

Whether you believe they’re corrupt or it’s just (cough) “honest mistakes”, the fact they’re huns will always leave them open to claims of cheating/bias.

So why put them in that situation? 

It was the old Rangers they supported. 

1 hour ago, spamspamspam said:

Cormack was CEO for a year or so from 2000

This is his second crack at being in charge.

His first term ended when he failed to outsmart Milne. 

I don't think the CEO has overall say in spending money the club don't have.  Even if he did bit of a stretch blaming him for 20 years mismanagement when he was in post for 1 of them.

Don't think the bit in bold is right either - how did he try and outsmart Milne?  You mixing him up with Jim Cummings?

Interview was quite interesting although nothing too groundbreaking or surprising I guess. Probably the most interesting bit was the news that there were a couple of other candidates when Glass got the job who were clearly preferred before him but pulled out for different reasons. It sounds like we're doing all the right stuff behind the scenes - expanding our scouting network and looking further afield, looking for players who fit the system and who have potential resale value, trying to provide a pathway for the youth academy to the first team, trying to encourage youngsters along to games etc. It's all pretty common sense stuff to be fair and I assume it's exactly the same as the likes of Hibs, Hearts etc are doing as well.

The interview doesn't leave me feeling worried about the future, but equally it doesn't fill me with huge amounts of optimism. I think the last couple of years have been such a mess that rebuilding might take a bit more than a season. Going to be a huge turnover of players in the summer and highly unlikely that every signing will be a roaring success, so who knows how it'll all go. The league is rubbish so jumping from 10th to 3rd wouldn't really take much but I suspect it'll be similar to this season with there not being much between all the teams.

32 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

The most clear thing that came through is that never ever give a young manager the full control over transfers, especially when he is used to coaching college players and has never ever been involved in a transfer window. 

The summer window was shocking and we should have never given the manager full control over this, which Cormack confirmed we did. 

So how do we square this with previous comments by Cormack that he discounted applicants who wanted control over recruitment? 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

VAR wouldn't have got involved with their 1st goal that came from the "free kick".  It would have ensured the equalising pen wouldn't have been given if you believe that the officials would have operated it correctly. But VAR doesn't get involved in free kick decisions unless it's for a possible red card offence. 

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

VAR wouldn't have got involved with their 1st goal that came from the "free kick".  It would have ensured the equalising pen wouldn't have been given if you believe that the officials would have operated it correctly. But VAR doesn't get involved in free kick decisions unless it's for a possible red card offence. 

The 1st was offside 

27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This happens every time Cormack does one of these inhouse things. 

People get swept up with the current spin and forget the previous lies told. 

Like I said, he just needs to shut up and do all he can to aid the team being successful. Being as public as he is just brings its own set of issues. I appreciate he's made an attempt at being transparent, but he can't tell us literally everything that's went on, out of professional courtesy etc so he was never going to be able to be 100% with his transparency. 

If we're 3rd with a cup next year for example, nobody will care about previous lies/half truths etc. 

This should be the last we hear of him for a good while. 

Here we go again , Cormack coming out with the usual bullshit.  We have been to Spain Italy Holland South America Germany Russia Hungary France. Cove rangers,  Fraserburgh. Looking for top players. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   He’s full of shit.    Gunns been over to the continent 6 times. Doing what.?????  Hey Dave is that why we are in a relegation fight. ? 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Like I said, he just needs to shut up and do all he can to aid the team being successful. Being as public as he is just brings its own set of issues. I appreciate he's made an attempt at being transparent, but he can't tell us literally everything that's went on, out of professional courtesy etc so he was never going to be able to be 100% with his transparency. 

If we're 3rd with a cup next year for example, nobody will care about previous lies/half truths etc. 

This should be the last we hear of him for a good while. 

Welcome back min