Cormack Thread

15 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

He said similar about Glass so fingers crossed it pans out similar. 

Tbf, Cormack wanted the cunt out in October. It's the 'natural born winner :rolleyes: Brown' and co you have to thank for him lasting as long as he did.

25 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Scott Burns having a little dig on twitter?

Say what you want about Ron Gordon and Hibs but at least he has faced up to the media after sacking Shaun Maloney. He could have so easily taken some softball questions via club television.

I don’t think Data Dave even went as far as taking some softball questions via RedTV.

To the best of my knowledge, yesterday was the first reference he’s ever made regarding Glass’ dismissal 

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Say what you want about Ron Gordon and Hibs but at least he has faced up to the media after sacking Shaun Maloney. He could have so easily taken some softball questions via club television.

The funny thing about this tweet is that Cormack got the same questions as Gordon. Only difference is that it wasn’t directly to Burns and his piece of shit pals.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Sounds like a scorned lover. Or a shite journalist who has just lost access to a large part of his livelihood. 

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Wonder how long DC will give Goodwin, if there is no significant improvement come “the fall”?

I think you need to give a manager 2 years to see the fruits of his labour. It takes time to turn over players and get the team bedded in after a few windows. If its obvious by then that things aren't improving then bin him.

Unless it's Stephen Glass where it's obvious by October that it's not working, then you bin him as soon as possible. 

3 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I think you need to give a manager 2 years to see the fruits of his labour. It takes time to turn over players and get the team bedded in after a few windows. If its obvious by then that things aren't improving then bin him.

Unless it's Stephen Glass where it's obvious by October that it's not working, then you bin him as soon as possible. 

Needs to be big signs of improvement early doors though! Could be close to double figures players wise he takes in, I get the 2 year thing if he’s brining in a handful of signings at a time. If he can’t get a tune out of them to get us back in Europe at first time of asking I don’t think he’s the man for the job! 

After the interview last night I’m more hopeful than I was and hope the club and manager make big strides next season to at very least regain European football! 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:14 PM, AyrshireSheep said:

Interview was interesting. Was more interested in the recruitment side of things. Mowbray spending a lot of time watching players live around Europe and Goodwin telling them about how they fit in etc. Archibald and Theo helping out in Spain and Holland. And having a new full time scout on board aswell. Wonder if this will be somebody based in Croatia and the likes if we've been looking there? Would make sense to have somebody based there. This summer will be intriguing for sure. Suspect there will be a few "Vicente" signings. Come out of fucking nowhere. 

Sounds like Mowbray has a great gig dotting around Europe. 

If Vicente and Polvara are the results of his invaluable input then we are fucked. 

I did like Dave’s line about saying to Glass as he sacked him that just because one door closes doesn’t mean another opens. 
I hope he meant another door doesn’t open otherwise poor Stephen would’ve felt even worse. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Sounds like Mowbray has a great gig dotting around Europe. 

If Vicente and Polvara are the results of his invaluable input then we are fucked. 

I did like Dave’s line about saying to Glass as he sacked him that just because one door closes doesn’t mean another opens. 
I hope he meant another door doesn’t open otherwise poor Stephen would’ve felt even worse. 

Polvara wasn't anything to do with Mowbray. That was Bobby Clark that recommended him to the club. Think the only one Mowbray had anything to do with was Besuijen. And I think he'll come good. When we get better players around him rather than the shysters we've got just now we'll see more from him. I'd like to see him cut out the diving though because i think refs have already caught on to that. 

• Upvote 3
29 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Polvara wasn't anything to do with Mowbray. That was Bobby Clark that recommended him to the club. Think the only one Mowbray had anything to do with was Besuijen. And I think he'll come good. When we get better players around him rather than the shysters we've got just now we'll see more from him. I'd like to see him cut out the diving though because i think refs have already caught on to that. 

Agreed. I think Vinny will be a useful player with better players. 
Also not writing off Polvara yet. 

18 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Agreed. I think Vinny will be a useful player with better players. 
Also not writing off Polvara yet. 

Aye it'll be interesting to see who we bring in to compliment the likes of Besuijen. We've spent 500k or so on him so we should be looking to make him a key part of the attack and need to play to his strengths if we want a returnnon the investment. Polvara came injured and had a hernia op as soon as he arrived so i'll reserve any judgement on him until he's been on the pitch for more than 5 mins at the end of a game ?

46 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Aye it'll be interesting to see who we bring in to compliment the likes of Besuijen. We've spent 500k or so on him so we should be looking to make him a key part of the attack and need to play to his strengths if we want a returnnon the investment. Polvara came injured and had a hernia op as soon as he arrived so i'll reserve any judgement on him until he's been on the pitch for more than 5 mins at the end of a game ?

How much dosh did we spend on Palvara?

Interesting the lack of game time that the lad has had since Goodwin arrived. He mentioned in his presser yesterday that there will be a few changes for tomorrow but I doubt it will include the Yank

10 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Interesting the lack of game time that the lad has had since Goodwin arrived. He mentioned in his presser yesterday that there will be a few changes for tomorrow but I doubt it will include the Yank

Would we have spent a fee on him? He came from college football over there. I think NYCFC have his MLS rights so we maybe paid them something. Fuck knows tbh. 

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Would we have spent a fee on him? He came from college football over there. I think NYCFC have his MLS rights so we maybe paid them something. Fuck knows tbh. 

55 minutes ago, minijc said:

Was 5 years wasn't it, since he first arrived back I think.

Aye but that blows apart Millermongs theory of McInnes only going downhill because Cormack came in so he'll stick with 2 years thankyou very much!

• Upvote 4

I thought Cormack came across ok and accepted some mistakes had been made. I think his heart is in the right place and he has put a lot of his own money in so I'm happy to give him a chance to rectify the mistake he made appointing Glass. Let's face it chairmen don't always get managerial appointments right. Sevco, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts have all made disastrous appointments in recent years (and we did many times before McInnes) so DC is hardly alone in the poor judgement stakes.

As I have said previously had Cormack not come back into the club we'd still have no training ground. That training ground is now a proper selling point for potential new signings. Yes he's made a few mistakes but he is trying to change the culture at the club, increase the scouting network etc which when McInnes was here was basically limited to the UK. Only time will tell if it works out but at least he seems focused on trying to improve us as a club and broaden our horizons. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Don't think much if anything as he was finishing his time at college so would've gone to NYFC as they have his rights I believe.

THink it means if we sell him any club in America has to buy those rights off NYFC to get Polvara, which Atlanta may well do

48 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I thought Cormack came across ok and accepted some mistakes had been made. I think his heart is in the right place and he has put a lot of his own money in so I'm happy to give him a chance to rectify the mistake he made appointing Glass. Let's face it chairmen don't always get managerial appointments right. Sevco, Celtic, Hibs and Hearts have all made disastrous appointments in recent years (and we did many times before McInnes) so DC is hardly alone in the poor judgement stakes.

As I have said previously had Cormack not come back into the club we'd still have no training ground. That training ground is now a proper selling point for potential new signings. Yes he's made a few mistakes but he is trying to change the culture at the club, increase the scouting network etc which when McInnes was here was basically limited to the UK. Only time will tell if it works out but at least he seems focused on trying to improve us as a club and broaden our horizons. 

And what has the super training facilities done to improve performances, not much.    They should have stayed on the beach training on the sand,freezing  their balls off.  Torture from the North Sea winds and beach sands didn’t do past teams any harm.   Cosy up to date training facilities like kingsford have put the present bunch to sleep.