Cormack Thread

6 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

And what has the super training facilities done to improve performances, not much.    They should have stayed on the beach training on the sand,freezing  their balls off.  Torture from the North Sea winds and beach sands didn’t do past teams any harm.   Cosy up to date training facilities like kingsford have put the present bunch to sleep. 

Yeah because we were absolutely flying for most of the 20+ years before the present training facilities were built. Especially under Paterson, Hegarty, Alex Miller, Brown, Skovdahl and McGhee. Those teams absolutely thrived with no modern training facilities. Everything went downhill after Cormack Park was built. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/22/2022 at 11:44 AM, Granite95 said:

Don't think much if anything as he was finishing his time at college so would've gone to NYFC as they have his rights I believe.

THink it means if we sell him any club in America has to buy those rights off NYFC to get Polvara, which Atlanta may well do

Be lucky to get a game at Brechin from what I’ve heard.

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

It wasn’t but the player was desperate to leave, if we kept him this forum would be full of folk complaining why we didn’t take the money. 

Nobody can agree on anything here though. 

It does sound like he was desperate to leave but it was never worth taking 200k for a player who was one of our top 3 contributors.   Ferguson has been desperate to leave for at least a year and even though his level has dropped off he's still one of our three best players. 

If we'd kept Hedges for the season as well as bringing Besuijen in then we would have had much better options in the attacking third. 

Yeah folk will say he might have downed tools but he wouldn't have been alone. Even a half performing Hedges was more of a threat than the ones we have left. 

It is what is is. I'm sure some folk are delighted to have that £200k in the bank. Equates to one Premiership place. Let alone European revenue. 

18 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Hedges wasn't the answer lads.

Not saying he was going to go down a club legend but to rid ourselves of a creative player like that and not adequately replace is one of the more foolish transfer moves I can recall. 

So fuck if he wanted to leave? He's contracted to Aberdeen and we needed a player like that. IMO if he'd stayed and managed to be fit we would've finished top 6. We've not got a player who can beat a man in that middle space between midfield and defence. 

It was your usual from Dons fans when he left, "he's shite anyway" and all that guff. Be interested to see the results with him in the team and with him not in the team. I wouldn't be surprised if they are better with him in it. 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Had his one good game in 5 for Blackburn last night, Rovers fans raving about the one footed poof. They’ll learn.

Im not saying he’s an adequate one (cause it appears he’s shite) but was Besuijen not signed as Hedges replacement?

He's hardly started for them, that's one of his few starts. 

If Besuijen was his replacement it's shit recruitment. Shipping a 26 y/o established starting XI player, in place of a 20 year old coming from a different league and country and expecting the same impact, is bad business. 

If hedges stayed we'd be top half. The fact they signed off on him leaving without a suitable replacement is testament to the incompetence in the football operation. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

If Besuijen was his replacement it's shit recruitment. Shipping a 26 y/o established starting XI player, in place of a 20 year old coming from a different league and country and expecting the same impact, is bad business. 

If hedges stayed we'd be top half. The fact they signed off on him leaving without a suitable replacement is testament to the incompetence in the football operation. 

Aye because he's not consistently good enough.

Maybe it is but that's the market we're in.  We can't afford to go out and buy established 26 year olds.  We spent about double of what we received for Hedges on potential (yet to see it myself tbf).

We tried to get Hedges to stay, offered to make him highest paid player in our history was the rumour.  Don't think this one can be blamed on Cormack. 

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye because he's not consistently good enough.

Maybe it is but that's the market we're in.  We can't afford to go out and buy established 26 year olds.  We spent about double of what we received for Hedges on potential (yet to see it myself tbf).

We tried to get Hedges to stay, offered to make him highest paid player in our history was the rumour.  Don't think this one can be blamed on Cormack. 

He still had 6 months on his deal. He had 11 G/A contributions this season, still 3rd best in our squad. For all the inconsistencies he had and injuries, if we got him playing for 10 games in a row I think we'd have got top 6. 

I get what you're saying that we can't buy an established 26 year old, I agree. Which is why it's all the more bizarre we had one under contract and let him go to be replaced by a raw, less rounded talent, in a season where we were/are struggling. 

Vinny will be good with good recruitment around him, IMO. 

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

Not sure what Hedges you watched week in week out but for me he was anonymous far more often than he was influential. To suggest that he would have been the difference between our current league position and top six is fanciful at best. 

Hedges at time was influencial but he was seriously one footed and even more inconsistent. He was also an absolute shitebag in any physical challenges. Limited player who occasionally played well. Scott Wright (when he went) was a far bigger loss than Hedges ever was.

• Upvote 2

As I said earlier in the season....Hedges barely got a game for us in the second half of his first season with us. So much so that in the pre-season following, some on here were saying things like "I'd forgotten he even played for us" and "Bin him, he's useless".

I really don't think he'd have gotten us top 6. More likely, if we had insisted he seen out his contract he'd have developed an "injury" that would have kept him out for most of the rest of his time with us. And as has been said, he's hardly getting a game at Blackburn, who have dropped down the table since he joined.

20 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Not sure what Hedges you watched week in week out but for me he was anonymous far more often than he was influential. To suggest that he would have been the difference between our current league position and top six is fanciful at best. 

Hedges at time was influencial but he was seriously one footed and even more inconsistent. He was also an absolute shitebag in any physical challenges. Limited player who occasionally played well. Scott Wright (when he went) was a far bigger loss than Hedges ever was.

The top six was so close, one goal in any game would have probably delivered it. 

Its not fanciful to suggest that Hedges could have made a difference. He had his negatives, but his goals and assists weren't replaced, (regardless of whether he was a physical challenge shitebag). 

Im actually quite astounded that you have described it as fanciful.  You must of have one hell of an inherent bias against him. 

26 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The top six was so close, one goal in any game would have probably delivered it. 

Its not fanciful to suggest that Hedges could have made a difference. He had his negatives, but his goals and assists weren't replaced, (regardless of whether he was a physical challenge shitebag). 

Im actually quite astounded that you have described it as fanciful.  You must of have one hell of an inherent bias against him. 

I agree. I wasn’t hedges biggest fan as he was so inconsistent. But Hedges could of been the difference. The recruitment has a lot to answer for! 

The reality is the situation we were in, we should have got 3/4 loans in to freshen up the squad. No commitments to buy etc just faces to force competition. There are plenty at spl level in squads all over Uk not kicked a ball who could have come to help. Just because last January was poor, plenty of clubs have recruited in January and turned season around. As usual with DC his stubbornness is sinking this club

22 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

The reality is the situation we were in, we should have got 3/4 loans in to freshen up the squad. No commitments to buy etc just faces to force competition. There are plenty at spl level in squads all over Uk not kicked a ball who could have come to help. Just because last January was poor, plenty of clubs have recruited in January and turned season around. As usual with DC his stubbornness is sinking this club

We've had at least 4 poor transfer windows in a row now.  

You can probably get away with one, maybe two, but poor recruitment over a 2 year period is going to bite you on the bum eventually. 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

It's not Cormacks remit to identify and sign players he just provides the funds.  Which he did in January so Gunn, Glass and Mowbray are the ones to blame imo

37 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

We hardly brought anyone in in January. 2 prospects and a injured loanee 

Exactly Gunner and co made a cunt of it.

We spent about £400k on that Dutch fanny though which is a sizeable fee for us nowadays 

Jesus christ folk thinking Hedges was the saviour.  He had the heart of a mouse like the majority McInnes left behind.  Whos to say he would have played any games?   He'd of most likely been in the physio room playing pontoon with Devlin and Kennedy.

44 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Jesus christ folk thinking Hedges was the saviour.  He had the heart of a mouse like the majority McInnes left behind.  Whos to say he would have played any games?   He'd of most likely been in the physio room playing pontoon with Devlin and Kennedy.

BS! If he had stayed we most certainly would have a few points more