Cormack Thread

7 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Alot of people got selected memory.  As soon as he spoke to the Huns things changed both on and off the pitch.   We were not the same team.  He was done from that moment on.  Not because he spoke to Rangers if he had spoke to anyone it would have been the same.  Glad he's gone and after seeing what his team served up on wednesday which was even worse than us i still think it was the right move.

Ok the managers since have not been great but it certainly doesn't make me get the kleenex out for the bearded one

Is it worse than us when they won 

17 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Alot of people got selected memory.  As soon as he spoke to the Huns things changed both on and off the pitch.   We were not the same team.  He was done from that moment on.  Not because he spoke to Rangers if he had spoke to anyone it would have been the same.  Glad he's gone and after seeing what his team served up on wednesday which was even worse than us i still think it was the right move.

Ok the managers since have not been great but it certainly doesn't make me get the kleenex out for the bearded one

He’s spoke to Sunderland 6 months before he spoke to Sevco.

Got to feel for Cormack in this situation tbh. I think if you ask him he had the best intentions with the managerial appointments.

Glass- total rookie but by all accounts a good coach and was bringing in the most successful player in the last ten years from this country plus an England national team coach alongside him. It was completely different and exciting at the time from what we were used to. It unfortunately failed and for me a lot of that was down to the wrong recruitment and not the coaching etc.

Goodwin - This was a rushed appointment imo, his stock was relatively high in the media and he came across well. In reality when you look at his background and success as a manager, it absolutely did not merit getting the aberdeen job. 

Robson - I don't think Cormack or Burrows really wanted to give him the job. I think they wanted a foreign manager like Rodriguez or Cifuentes. Ultimately they decided to take stock try and get the decision 100% right and in that time Robson made it almost impossible to not give him the job. It is now falling all around him.

• Upvote 9
2 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Got to feel for Cormack in this situation tbh. I think if you ask him he had the best intentions with the managerial appointments.

Glass- total rookie but by all accounts a good coach and was bringing in the most successful player in the last ten years from this country plus an England national team coach alongside him. It was completely different and exciting at the time from what we were used to. It unfortunately failed and for me a lot of that was down to the wrong recruitment and not the coaching etc.

Goodwin - This was a rushed appointment imo, his stock was relatively high in the media and he came across well. In reality when you look at his background and success as a manager, it absolutely did not merit getting the aberdeen job. 

Robson - I don't think Cormack or Burrows really wanted to give him the job. I think they wanted a foreign manager like Rodriguez or Cifuentes. Ultimately they decided to take stock try and get the decision 100% right and in that time Robson made it almost impossible to not give him the job. It is now falling all around him.

He’s made the same mistake 3 times. No sympathy left here.

• Like 1

I get the new owner coming in and wanting his own man in charge and all that, it's natural I suppose. I believe he did and I believe McInnes knew that from the get go and I also believe there was funding available for substantially improving the squad but it was held back from McInnes and was to be given to the new man. I believe McInnes knew that too.

You've got to get it right if that's your plan, or you look incompetent straight away. Or 3 times in succession in Cormack's case. 

Cormack didn’t like the way McInnes was given a free hand all over the club by Milne and wanted to change the direction by employing a proper structure of scouts and taking young players through the system and signing players from countries not being used by other clubs. 

He saw McInnes giving contracts to players who had the same agent as him and keeping players too long and not taking enough players through from the academy. An example was McInnes wanting to play Logan which would have triggered another year on his deal, Cormack thought at his age he should go and this was an issue. Various other issue arose once Cormack started to lift the lid on the company he had just taken over. 

Hecwahted the club to move in a different direction but hasn’t appointed the correct manager yet!!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, ullevi said:

Cormack didn’t like the way McInnes was given a free hand all over the club by Milne and wanted to change the direction by employing a proper structure of scouts and taking young players through the system and signing players from countries not being used by other clubs. 

He saw McInnes giving contracts to players who had the same agent as him and keeping players too long and not taking enough players through from the academy. An example was McInnes wanting to play Logan which would have triggered another year on his deal, Cormack thought at his age he should go and this was an issue. Various other issue arose once Cormack started to lift the lid on the company he had just taken over. 

Hecwahted the club to move in a different direction but hasn’t appointed the correct manager yet!!! 

He hasn't got a clue what he's doing in my opinion. But he didn't like McInnes and he's certainly taken the club in a different direction, I'll give you that. 

I'm surprised Keith Jackson stayed sober long enough to write that article. The bloke is a joke.

On McInnes. He never payed any attention to youth players. Even McKenna was an accident. He'd played well against Hearts at the end of one season and was punted out on loan the next. Mind you, Goodwin was as bad with youth players. He also didn't travel on the bus with the team at times.

• Downvote 1
4 hours ago, GDON21 said:

I agree with this,  however in terms of Robson it's poor yes he did well but surely if you want to appoint a foreign manager or something then do it, take authority. Robson might do well in the future but at the moment he's out of his depth. He needed to start in the lower leagues 

Cormack coming onto the park in Sweden when we drew with Hacken, Celebrating like we just won the cup was ridiculous. Even more so when they spanked us at pittodrie and knocked us out the following week. How many other owners have you seen doing that? All about the self plaudits. Reign it in and try to sort the fucking mess he's created out would be a good start

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
2 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Cormack coming onto the park in Sweden when we drew with Hacken, Celebrating like we just won the cup was ridiculous. Even more so when they spanked us at pittodrie and knocked us out the following week. How many other owners have you seen doing that? All about the self plaudits. Reign it in and try to sort the fucking mess he's created out would be a good start

Mental.

Couldn’t believe how placid folk were after losing to Hacken. 

• Upvote 2