Cormack Thread

17 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Why is Cormack spending a fortune of his own money yet he appoints/employs absolute duffers as managers? It is a very strange way to operate and lose all your money and goodwill of the fans at the same time!

Compounded by the appointment of a rookie Director of Football. Steven Gunn's desk needs cleared along with Robson's.

28 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

That just simply isn’t true. An urban myth. An AFC trope.

There was far too many posters on here who wanted Barry and the same guys again are going on about unproven managers, sorry we need someone that's seen it and done it, alot to be said for experience, and I think at this time that's exactly what we need, not Ian Murray or Dave Chandler or whatever his name is, if he was any good he would have been picked up long before now. 👍

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Big few weeks for Cormack.

If Robson doesn't secure 10 points minimum in next 5 matches we'll be fumbling about the bottom 6 for the rest of the season with him in charge.

Cormack needs to get a grip and stop employing imposters as manager and start treating the management of the club seriously as opposed to a shit game of Football Manager.

Don't get me wrong McInnes was a burst flush by 2020 but the situation wasn't helped by his relationship with Colgate Teeth.

Cormack has made a series of management mistakes since he became chairman. 

Can he reverse the trend in 2024?

I hope so but, very unfortunately, I doubt it. 

When I heard Cormack's interview before the Kilmarnock game when we lost 2-0, it seems Barry Robson was always going to get the managerial gig, regardless of the quality and pedigree of any of the applicants.

For someone who has been very successful in business, what a ludicrous and indefensible approach to appointing our 4th manager under his watch.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Would we be in agreement that Colgate personally financed the signings of Hayes and Shinnie and then just told Derek and Goodwin to use them, whether they wanted to or not?

Correct, hence Cormack celebrating the permanent re-signing of Graeme Shinnie via him displaying/modelling the away top with Shinnie emblazoned on the back of it.

3 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

Pretty damming that there hasn't been the customary tweet from Cormack. Think he knows it will just end up with hundreds of replies of Robson out. 

The stupid cunt had the chance to bin him a couple weeks ago when we were seeing anti football week in week out.

That way we could have had a chance at having someone in the dugout yesterday that could have had a bit more belief in his team and the dopey cunt would have redeemed himself somewhat with a trophy to rival the shine on his teeth.

• Upvote 1

Interesting comment on the ABZ podcast today. Gary Scott said he’s heard from a well placed source that senior people at AFC are bewildered that us fans are unhappy with the current shite on show. The fans have too high expectations. They think that Robson is doing so much better that his predecessors.

So there you have it. Nothing is happening anytime soon, boys.

37 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Interesting comment on the ABZ podcast today. Gary Scott said he’s heard from a well placed source that senior people at AFC are bewildered that us fans are unhappy with the current shite on show. The fans have too high expectations. They think that Robson is doing so much better that his predecessors.

They didn't bin Goodwin straight after Darvel, Robson is going nowhere any time soon .

59 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I refuse to believe that 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

I am shooketh.

As I said in another thread we are a complete and utter tin pot club.

10% of fans these days are happy with him.

I'm not even positive about Livingston. We are a fucking shambles.

• Upvote 2
21 hours ago, brunstanesheep said:

The stupid cunt had the chance to bin him a couple weeks ago when we were seeing anti football week in week out.

That way we could have had a chance at having someone in the dugout yesterday that could have had a bit more belief in his team and the dopey cunt would have redeemed himself somewhat with a trophy to rival the shine on his teeth.

Aye I hope the "he deserves the final" brigade including Cormack are pleased with themselves as keeping the cunt in the dugout blew any chance we had of winning it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Gary needs to tell the stupid cunt to take a look at the league table.

• Upvote 2

I can't believe that, well sort of can but I doubt it would be Cormack and I'd hope to fuck it isn't Burrows saying that.

You can't sack a 'successful' manager like McInnes then put out a philosophy only to completely bin it and just care about results, if that was the case they should have just stuck with McInnes even though he had run his course.

Robson done well as interim manager with regards to results but it was clear to anyone with fully functioning eyes that the football was dreadful and that continuing with that long term the club as a whole would regress.

Dave wants to be data driven but right now it looks like that's been ditched as well, too many games this season where we've been second best and failed to get the results.  We create create less chances whilst giving up loads, 5 defenders and 3 midfielders being misused just isn't working at either end of the pitch, the data backs that up.

The style of football is utterly disgusting, now that doesn't mean that I expect us to play like City or Barca, I don't want that, I'd be happy with a sustainable style that brings the bets out of the majority of the squad, so far Robson has completely failed at this, with many of the players struggling like fuck.

Basically, it's time for him to get a fucking grip, employ a proper DoF, and a proper manager, if he for one minute thinks fans expectations are too high, he can get himself clean to fuck as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Feels highly unlikely, that! Unless they haven’t been watching the games and are looking at the league table win the p and J upside down! 
If anything I would imagine Swiss T backing his decision on BR and other ‘seniors’ telling him what he wants to hear! 

Surely to fuck this can't be true.  Fuck me we are nae Dunfermline or Plastic Whistle.

I totally believe it. 

A club totally out of synchronicity with its fans, and has been for most the time I've supported. 

• Upvote 2

Well selling players for profit, European football and a cup final!

you would actually think we were as good as Man City.

The reality is we play shite football and are virtually bottom of the league, out of Europe with massive missed opportunities and in said cup final never had a shot on target. 

9 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I’ve had a listen and it doesn’t shock me at all tbh. With you all the way Consi. It needs a rocket up the hole.

Going Dundee away with my pals for a Christmas Day out, meal included etc but I'm working tomorrow. Sunday sucked any football related enthusiasm I had left, of which there was little. 

Thats fair... i mean we shouldn't be expecting better than 8 wins from 25 games this season and bottom 3 in the league should we? And as for conceding 19 goals in 4 games against Celtic... how much better can we expect against the champions. At least its not quite averaging 5 goals against per game. 

25 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I totally believe it. 

A club totally out of synchronicity with its fans, and has been for most the time I've supported. 

Yeah, I totally believe it too. If they were a competent board of directors , they wouldn’t have appointed Robson in the 1st place and even if they had, they’d have binned him after the Celtic capitulation, if not before.

It’s a board lacking any professional nous and completely out of touch with us fans.

36 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I totally believe it. 

It has been for a very long time min and therein lies a massive issue with our club, hence our results and fluctuating levels of performance, season in, season out.

If the club does not wish to engage with supporters who can clearly identify what is wrong (and right) at AFC, the downward spiral will continue and apathy will perennially resonate within our support.

What is the point of the AGMs when, in essence, they ultimately are just a tick-box exercise?

Can tell by Cormack and Burrows social media absence this month that they know the depth of feelings from the fans regarding Robson but want to just stick their heads in the sand. Had we won on Sunday they'd both have been all over Twitter / Instagram bigging up Barry on how amazing a job he was doing. We lost and nothing from either of them. The FMB is nothing but a bunch of clueless cunts. As usual they'll leave it until its too late, out of the Scottish Cup and near the bottom of the league by the end of February and maybe just maybe they'll finally act. Spineless wankers the lot of them. Burrows can fuck off back to Motherwell where maybe being 10th in the league in December and not turning up for a cup final is acceptable.

• Upvote 5