Cormack Thread

In the 1980s, despite our success, attendances for league games were never spectacular. That was 40 years ago, though, and times have changed. 

A new stadium in the city, with modern facilities and actual amenities like a bar, restaurant, kids areas, club shops, and other shit a 21st century stadium should have, should be able to attract whole families. 

Instead of just 'dad' going to the fitba, and maybe bringing his loon, a modern club should be looking to get the whole family coming along, and spending more money once inside the stadium than they did on the tickets that got them into the stadium in the first place. 

Cormack will be well aware of this philosophy, and if he's looking to sell 15k+ season tickets then I'm sure that's the route he's considering. 

This isn't a shopping mall, this is the concourse inside the Redwings Stadium. A massive source of club revenue. 

spacer.png

• Downvote 3

27 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

In the 1980s, despite our success, attendances for league games were never spectacular. That was 40 years ago, though, and times have changed. 

A new stadium in the city, with modern facilities and actual amenities like a bar, restaurant, kids areas, club shops, and other shit a 21st century stadium should have, should be able to attract whole families. 

Instead of just 'dad' going to the fitba, and maybe bringing his loon, a modern club should be looking to get the whole family coming along, and spending more money once inside the stadium than they did on the tickets that got them into the stadium in the first place. 

Cormack will be well aware of this philosophy, and if he's looking to sell 15k+ season tickets then I'm sure that's the route he's considering. 

This isn't a shopping mall, this is the concourse inside the Redwings Stadium. A massive source of club revenue. 

spacer.png

You’re obviously slanted towards the American approach, which is understandable. 

Having been to a few German games I like the way they go about their match day.

Went to a Schalke game a couple of years ago, and they must’ve made a fortune from the stuff going on around the stadium for a few hours pre-match. 

The German way may be a half way house between the American way you’ve suggested above & the (virtually) non-existent Scottish approach of not giving a fuck for the supporters, where the police & authorities put the mockers on anything. 

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’re obviously slanted towards the American approach, which is understandable. 

Went to a Schalke game a couple of years ago, and they must’ve made a fortune from the stuff going on around the stadium for a few hours pre-match. 

The German way may be a half way house between the American way you’ve suggested above & the (virtually) non-existent Scottish approach of not giving a fuck for the supporters, where the police & authorities put the mockers on anything. 

This will be the biggest challenge Cormack will face.

Scottish football is a pretty easy gig for the police, bar the minks derby and maybe the occasional game here and there. Any changes to that will be met with resistance.

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Under the current draconian laws regarding alcohol at football a good revenue stream is being denied Scottish clubs. Been to football in Germany, England, Spain,France, USA and Australia and all have great prematch set ups involving fans. having a beer and something to eat is just normal all over the world but not in Scotland. Even been to boxing in several countries a violent sport obviously and you can have a beer no problem. There doesn't even seem any appetite for this to change here as everyone just seems to accept this is the way it is. I mean hundreds drink in hospitality at Pittodrie and Hundreds during in the golf clubs a stones throw from the ground without issue so why not ordinary fans getting a pint in the ground ?

You’re not allowed to drink in view of the pitch even in corporate. Hence the main stand corporate is better for covert boozing as the drink is actually in the box.

It’s not going to change as no government will want to be seen as encouraging boozing despite the fact it would actually be safer than letting folk get utterly tanked  before the game as they won’t get a drink till full time.

8 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

It is pretty ridiculous that you can drink alcohol at pretty much any event in the UK apart from a Scottish football game. It needs changed big time to get more people interested in going to games and to get sponsorship and income into a league that  clearly desperately needs it. 

yep , every game bar the arse cheeks games , easy 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

spacer.png

Would love us to have this kind of vision and it's not difficult to imagine . A concourse like that both ends of the stadium stadium down at the beach with our inclement weather would be superb .Something fancier for the main stand and corporates .  Something outside too for those rare days with weather is good 

24 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

It is pretty ridiculous that you can drink alcohol at pretty much any event in the UK apart from a Scottish football game. It needs changed big time to get more people interested in going to games and to get sponsorship and income into a league that  clearly desperately needs it. 

Pretty much any sporting event in the world except Scottish football its absolutely absurd

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

This will be the biggest challenge Cormack will face.

Scottish football is a pretty easy gig for the police, bar the minks derby and maybe the occasional game here and there. Any changes to that will be met with resistance.

Restrict it to home supporters only.

Show your season ticket at the entrance for access. 

If you act like a dick or cause trouble you lose your season ticket

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

That sounds horrendous.  You've been in America too long. 

It sucks you in...but  my kid is 18 now so I dont have to pretend i like all this family sports pish anymore. Timbers have a whole stand ( hopefully still after Corona) for adults to get drunk , cuss and sing..the family stands ..are boring.

10 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

They should bring back PATG.  A lot of folk maybe decide to go on the day,  nice weather,  few beers at lunchtime and your pals are going, whatever.  Don't see why they done away with it. 

If me and my mates intend on going to the football (PATG) and meet for a few pre match beers, we invariably sack off the football for more beers. 

• Dildo 1