Cormack Thread

12% are new he said. Was also interesting to hear that there was, what was it, 43000 primary school kids in Aberdeen, add in the secondary school kids, and all the adults who have lost faith, and suddenly 15k doesn't seem quite as outrageous an ambition. Even with the historical context of low attendances, it shouldn't be that hard to build more community/identity/loyalty around the club....

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Got to say,  imagine Milne was still our chairman...

Superb interview there and I'm really buying into this

Incredibly exciting and already looking into how I can get up there and back!

Plenty parking for the Capri min

16 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Got to say,  imagine Milne was still our chairman...

Superb interview there and I'm really buying into this

Incredibly exciting and already looking into how I can get up there and back!

Just remember to leave a bit earlier so you don't have to turn back at Stonehaven 

Was a decent update and no major surprises.  Brief snapshots ( apologies if already mentioned) 

sold 1500 season tickets to date (12% new sales  

major drive again to get kids through the gate.  

Cormack obviously heavily involved in player discussions. Glass will make announcements in coming days/weeks. DC did point out that it will be mix of experience and youth. 

stadium  will be getting lick of paint

New deal with Red TV production company

sky will allow virtual screening of games should make fans allowed in games 

new kit delayed until late June / July away kit August.  Training gear will be available sooner.  
discussions ongoing with council re beach development.  DC was very cautious with what he was saying and obviously wants council to take lead on it. 

Was a decent interview all in all. 
Will be very interesting what announcements will be made in coming days and weeks.  

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Was a decent update and no major surprises.  Brief snapshots ( apologies if already mentioned) 

sold 1500 season tickets to date (12% new sales  

major drive again to get kids through the gate.  

Cormack obviously heavily involved in player discussions. Glass will make announcements in coming days/weeks. DC did point out that it will be mix of experience and youth. 

stadium  will be getting lick of paint

New deal with Red TV production company

sky will allow virtual screening of games should make fans allowed in games 

new kit delayed until late June / July away kit August.  Training gear will be available sooner.  
discussions ongoing with council re beach development.  DC was very cautious with what he was saying and obviously wants council to take lead on it. 

Was a decent interview all in all. 
Will be very interesting what announcements will be made in coming days and weeks.  

Thanks for that ?

Really positive update. It’s refreshing the club looking at all ways to do things better off the pitch and looking long term to engage future young fans etc. Cormack is certainly clued up and looking like a much more proactive chairman looking to improve things, vs the stale environment we had for years under Milne. What a difference staying at the beach would make to all the long term targets re ticket sales etc ?

• Upvote 1

Really not impressed with Glass’s pre match interview for Hibs game.

Cormack & Co appear to have reeled him in in in terms of signing potential 

Shocking back pedaling from ‘we will only sign players that will improve the first 11’

Now already it’s we ‘hope’ to attract a certain caliber of player ‘but’ if we cannot do that we will ‘hope’ to improve the players we already have.

Cormack, YOU are the one under the microscope here. BACK YOUR MAN 

only thing he said we REALLY need to add is ONE CF.

I am now  so meh about this close season window

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Probably a waste of time trying to analyse every word Glass says and second guessing everything 

Probably true as we’re all massively deflated right now but even still, his signing ambitions/mentality has definitely been given a wee reality check in my view. Looks to me he has (like all of us) been fed a load of shite by Cormack to justify the appointment but now the dust has settled & they get down to serious chat regards budgets & ambitions (reality) Cormack has clearly deflated him in this sense.

I will not judge Glass negatively if it seems that Cormack hasn’t backed him the way he should. Regardless of what Cormack tries to convince us all of, Glass was very much his long term plan all along. Cheap & easily manipulated. I hope Glass is a lot more than his puppet but will wait & see

I think what we’re seeing is just the inexperience of Glass, which we should accept. Glass said when he came in that it was a good budget and one that he could use differently. I took that for meaning having a smaller squad, but with more quality. Glass has to learn A LOT and mistakes will be made, knowing when to sign or hold on, knowing who he should push the boat out for and who he should know isn’t worth it, knowing how to manage a team dynamic where there are big earners next to average earners etc

We’ll see how it pans out, but it’s a big ask for his first job to build a new team.

The DOF question has never been answered.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Really not impressed with Glass’s pre match interview for Hibs game.

Cormack & Co appear to have reeled him in in in terms of signing potential 

Shocking back pedaling from ‘we will only sign players that will improve the first 11’

Now already it’s we ‘hope’ to attract a certain caliber of player ‘but’ if we cannot do that we will ‘hope’ to improve the players we already have.

Cormack, YOU are the one under the microscope here. BACK YOUR MAN 

only thing he said we REALLY need to add is ONE CF.

I am now  so meh about this close season window

Agree with this. I have been really excited about the summer but now there is rumours of us looking at players like Robertson has really took the shine off it all. I hope it’s just shite rumours but am now starting to worry that we will actually sign the same old shite as Mcinnes with the odd success in between. I expect every player that’s signed is either a prospect or 1 of the first 11 names on team sheet or it’s a complete waste of a wage! Nothing worse than someone telling you exactly what you want to hear for them to start backtracking a few weeks later. 

• Upvote 1
On 5/13/2021 at 12:48 AM, milne_afc said:

Cormack is finished if he signs a NE hun 

Cormack comes across as a complete happy clapping idiot in terms of football. The type that would have believed in Darren Mackie for at least nine seasons of his time with us. 

He’ll have us signing any old shite. Can maybe convince all the auld mannies in the pub on dominos night that all our signings will be smashing. Bacon rowie in hand 

• Dildo 2

The happy clappers will not like it but have always thought that DC is a typical salesman that will promise much and will end up delivering much less.

Glass is a lamb to the slaughter and, without REAL backing, is 100% destined to fail.

34 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

If Cormack hasnt got the wealth to run a club like Aberdeen then he really shouldnt be chairman. He reminds me of the Milne era scrimping and scraping with signings and managerial appointments, hopefully it is not a sign of things to come. Clark Robertson ffs I mean come on!

Eh? Diamond Dave has splashed faaaaar more cash so far than Milne did in his entire tenure.

13 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Ok the training complex being built that is certainly a good sign from Cormack but rumours of signing dross that we have already let go of because they werent good enough first time round is slightly concerning.

Rumours...? 

lolz