Cormack Thread

14 hours ago, Dom Sullivan said:

When did you bide in a Morrison Drive MH?

my formative years were spent in the fieldy hacking a fitba about 

Whilst I never stayed in Morrison Drive, I stayed in Brig ‘o Dee. My good pal Beedie stayed there. A good formative years playing darts in Morrison Drive, fitba at the Ski Slope and pints at Copper Beech/Caledonian/Dee Motel. 

9 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

Whilst I never stayed in Morrison Drive, I stayed in Brig ‘o Dee. My good pal Beedie stayed there. A good formative years playing darts in Morrison Drive, fitba at the Ski Slope and pints at Copper Beech/Caledonian/Dee Motel. 

Beedie stayed directly across the road from me, and was in our group of pals who used to play fitba. Until I left there age 10.

If it's the same Beedie.

First name G.

• 2 weeks later...

Chuck this in here rather than creating a new thread... but what's the thoughts on the catering (and all round experience of the 'tairted up' Pittodrie?

Heard Rob Wicks mentioning on several occasions that this Baxter Storey deal would see noticable improvements in food and beverage range. And DC was interviewed on the Graham Speirs podcast saying they want to make it like the American model where food and drink are affordable. £7.70 for a steak pie, 2 choc bars and a cup of tea, is not value for money. In fact at £2.20 for a tea bag and a100ml of boiling water, I'd say that was a feckin rip off. The Steak Pie was good, but £3 odd? Yer havin a larf. Wouldn't be spending that sort of dough again.

And the smaller kiosk in the Red Shed had no Macaroni Pies, no condiments, lack of choice of food on offer, no prices on display and was as slow as a long weekend in Greenock!

So not sure where all these perceived improvements are but maybe the rest of the stadium was better? Certainly no difference from last few years in my opinion other than Card Readers instead of cash.

9 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Chicken pies were very good but the lines in the RDS were ridiculous meaning a lot of folk missed the first goal

My loon was complaining of being really thirsty and was hinting at me to go buy him a drink not long before 2nd half kicked off. Would have been majorly pissed off had I missed that first goal as the skills from Ojo were a delight to watch close up in the shed.

3 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Chuck this in here rather than creating a new thread... but what's the thoughts on the catering (and all round experience of the 'tairted up' Pittodrie?

Heard Rob Wicks mentioning on several occasions that this Baxter Storey deal would see noticable improvements in food and beverage range. And DC was interviewed on the Graham Speirs podcast saying they want to make it like the American model where food and drink are affordable. £7.70 for a steak pie, 2 choc bars and a cup of tea, is not value for money. In fact at £2.20 for a tea bag and a100ml of boiling water, I'd say that was a feckin rip off. The Steak Pie was good, but £3 odd? Yer havin a larf. Wouldn't be spending that sort of dough again.

And the smaller kiosk in the Red Shed had no Macaroni Pies, no condiments, lack of choice of food on offer, no prices on display and was as slow as a long weekend in Greenock!

So not sure where all these perceived improvements are but maybe the rest of the stadium was better? Certainly no difference from last few years in my opinion other than Card Readers instead of cash.

I had a Bovril and it was delicious. 

The catering was worse than ever, the Pittodrie pie has changed completely, now a plain soggy mince and dry. £2.70 for a small coke, wtf. Staff who couldn't understand English, took 25 minutes in the queue, get it sorted Afc, it isn't rocket science.

On a brighter note Dave has said they'll rethink the pricing of matches going forward and thinks they made a mistake pricing the game so high. He'll also hopefully ask why the red shed was only 2/3rds full when they said it was sold out. 

4 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

feedback@afc.co.uk

5 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Just listened to his interview with Spiers. A lot of the stuff said we already knew, but a few interesting snippets. One of which is talks of putting a Marquee at the cricket pitch "behind" Pittodrie for 800 fans. 

Thats nothing new though - that's been talked about since Cormack came back to the club - 'fanzone'.

Just now, Tord31 said:

The Glass and Cormack era has united the fans again.

Songs being sung all the way up pittodrie st / merkland rd and then on to King St. It's been a long long time since weve had that. The red shed experiment is working fantastically so far

Them demanding a song from the different stands last night?? 

was pissing masell ??

8 hours ago, daytripping said:

The catering was worse than ever, the Pittodrie pie has changed completely, now a plain soggy mince and dry. £2.70 for a small coke, wtf. Staff who couldn't understand English, took 25 minutes in the queue, get it sorted Afc, it isn't rocket science.

On a brighter note Dave has said they'll rethink the pricing of matches going forward and thinks they made a mistake pricing the game so high. He'll also hopefully ask why the red shed was only 2/3rds full when they said it was sold out. 

Soggy and dry? ?

I’m sure when the red shed was first done they said capacity had to be reduced to allow for standing. Heap of shite imo but blame lies with the council rather than the club I think 

3 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Them demanding a song from the different stands last night?? 

was pissing masell ??

Fair play to the lads in South and Main who responded. What made it even more of a laugh was the Red Shed joined in as soon as they sparked up. Was good 'bantz' as the kids say.

25 minutes ago, NEM said:

Soggy and dry? ?

I’m sure when the red shed was first done they said capacity had to be reduced to allow for standing. Heap of shite imo but blame lies with the council rather than the club I think 

For domestic games when we tried it out it was for sure. They couldn't allow full capacity. But last night was seated allocation, so in theory there was no 'safe standing'. Everyone was supposed to take up their allocated seat.
For the first 'normal' home game against County, it's supposed to revert back to stand where you like. But I think they'll have those sections in corner between Main Stand and Red Shed for those that want to sit. TBH, there's plenty space in other areas for those that want to sit, so I'd respectfully say, get tae France outta there and cram in as many like minded fans who are up for the singing and bouncing. It's almost like a full time job... fair play to everyone for doing their bit to inspire the team... the drummer and all. Pwoud... very pwoud.