Films

Watched Pineapple Express last night...good banter!

Aye it's quality! Maybe goes slightly ott at the end, but pretty funny none the less.

'THUG LIFE' :thumbs:

Btw, anyone seen a Will Ferrell film called 'Hot Rod'? They were talking about it on radio 1 today, I'd never heard of it, looks like it went straight to dvd, but is supposedly well funny.

Aye it's quality! Maybe goes slightly ott at the end, but pretty funny none the less.

'THUG LIFE' :thumbs:

Btw, anyone seen a Will Ferrell film called 'Hot Rod'? They were talking about it on radio 1 today, I'd never heard of it, looks like it went straight to dvd, but is supposedly well funny.

Aye, very far fetched at the end, but easy viewing.

Heard that on the radio today too, think it might be worth a watch...

40 year old virgin. So-so film. A tad better than I expected. But fantastic ending. All films should end in a sing song. A la Life of Brian. Superb stuff. Except Schindler's List possibly. And the pianist. That wouldn't be appropriate.

Watched that with the Mrs last night. Highlight was the black guy's missus after the speed dating. 'Your bitch is running wild'. :hysterical:

Watched that with the Mrs last night. Highlight was the black guy's missus after the speed dating. 'Your bitch is running wild'. :hysterical:

I don't mind him. He wasn't too bad in the american office. Always gonna be a hard act to follow and he did ok. Pissing on himself with the constant erection was probably the highlight for me.

Watched 'The Lives of Others' the other night. Really good film!

Is that spoken in German with subtitles?

I had one recommended to me and I think that is the one.

Watched The Kite Runner last night. Nae bad film, although best keeping an open mind regarding the Taliban. I would doubt that this is entirely representative

Watched some shxte the night before with Liam Neeson called Taken. If you've nae seen it then don't bother.

Is that spoken in German with subtitles?

I had one recommended to me and I think that is the one.

Watched The Kite Runner last night. Nae bad film, although best keeping an open mind regarding the Taliban. I would doubt that this is entirely representative

Watched some shxte the night before with Liam Neeson called Taken. If you've nae seen it then don't bother.

Yep, I would recommend watching it. It's about a member of the Stasi who's given the task of spying on a playwright and becomes obsessed with his life, realising his own life isn't so fulfilling. I'm pretty sure it won an Oscar for best foreign film.

I really enjoyed Taken.

Just watched 'Taken', thought it was excellent. Liam Neeson is Charles Bronson :bounce:

Earlier I went to see 'Valkyrie', pretty good although you know what happens in the end before the film even starts. Still a decent film of historical interest (if you can ignore Tom Cruse's accent).

Just watched 'Taken', thought it was excellent. Liam Neeson is Charles Bronson :bounce:

Earlier I went to see 'Valkyrie', pretty good although you know what happens in the end before the film even starts. Still a decent film of historical interest (if you can ignore Tom Cruse's accent).

As a History fanatic, I would say that film is (arguably) one of the most historically accurate of all WWII films emanating from Hollywood. Not that that's anything to write home about, but I admire the film's stance, in that it shows clearly that a high proportion of Germans opposed Hitler as much as the Allies did (he was democratically elected, but only by 39% of the vote and even then, only because the Left parties were so divided on the merits of the Communist phenomenon that was spreading through Europe like wildfire).

Good film and one of Cruise's best performances, imo.

As a History fanatic, I would say that film is (arguably) one of the most historically accurate of all WWII films emanating from Hollywood. Not that that's anything to write home about, but I admire the film's stance, in that it shows clearly that a high proportion of Germans opposed Hitler as much as the Allies did (he was democratically elected, but only by 39% of the vote and even then, only because the Left parties were so divided on the merits of the Communist phenomenon that was spreading through Europe like wildfire).

Good film and one of Cruise's best performances, imo.

I thought he got so far on Communist paranoia alone. Didn't he get promoted to chancellor as part of a coalition government as it was thought he was the only man strong enough to take on the Communists (well, it was far more complex than that alone, but I believe that was part of it)? Once there he staged a supposed Communist attack on the Reichstag to invoke marshal law; punishing those that opposed him further weakening their chances at the elections. Berlin didn't vote for him. It's quite staggering.

I thought he got so far on Communist paranoia alone. Didn't he get promoted to chancellor as part of a coalition government as it was thought he was the only man strong enough to take on the Communists (well, it was far more complex than that alone, but I believe that was part of it)? Once there he staged a supposed Communist attack on the Reichstag to invoke marshal law; punishing those that opposed him further weakening their chances at the elections. Berlin didn't vote for him. It's quite staggering.

You've got the jist of it, although no-one seems to know for sure exactly who set the Reichstag on fire. He did indeed impose a state of Marshall Law as soon as he was appointed (by Hindenberg, I think?) as Chancellor. It's sad that many people see the Germans as all too willing accomplices in Hitler's scheme, little realising that his Generals (Rommel being even more vocal than Stauffenberg) largely thought of him as an Austrian peasant with delusions of grandeur.

You've got the jist of it, although no-one seems to know for sure exactly who set the Reichstag on fire. He did indeed impose a state of Marshall Law as soon as he was appointed (by Hindenberg, I think?) as Chancellor. It's sad that many people see the Germans as all too willing accomplices in Hitler's scheme, little realising that his Generals (Rommel being even more vocal than Stauffenberg) largely thought of him as an Austrian peasant with delusions of grandeur.

And a Jew?

Taken is a great film. Daft story but non-stop action all the way through. Assembly is good too - some brutal action scenes and a decent story to go with it.

I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (new Brad Pitt film) last night at a free preview showing. Okay film but a bit too romance for me. Definitely one more for the ladies. It was okay though, and better than i thought it would be.