Films

Some tadger in work said he saw star wars at the movies and thought it was poor, wanted to leave early etc.

Take it he is a dishonest attention seeker?

I am going to see it over Christmas. Will likely get tanked up in the Atholl Arms before it and then I will sleep through the film* :)

Edit - *and then back to the Atholl Arms!

No he's right. It's shite.

Some tadger in work said he saw star wars at the movies and thought it was poor, wanted to leave early etc.

Take it he is a dishonest attention seeker?

I am going to see it over Christmas. Will likely get tanked up in the Atholl Arms before it and then I will sleep through the film* :)

Edit - *and then back to the Atholl Arms!

Must be 'at it'

Cracking film

Decided to watch all 6 Star Wars movies in advance of going to see the new one over the holidays. Fuck me the prequels are hard work! Especially Attack of the Clones... the Phantom Menace might have been an annoying kiddy movie but at least it had a few exciting scenes, whereas AOTC is just... dull. Incredibly boring film.

I have slightly reappraised Revenge of the Sith, it's really quite good. Just perhaps not quite as good as it should have been.

Took out the death star, then spent the whole of the second film moaning about how tough it is to move around a few rocks with his mind and crying about something or other. He's a pathetic protagonist.

It's more the acting than the character though.

We're talking about A New Hope here.

Decided to watch all 6 Star Wars movies in advance of going to see the new one over the holidays. Fuck me the prequels are hard work! Especially Attack of the Clones... the Phantom Menace might have been an annoying kiddy movie but at least it had a few exciting scenes, whereas AOTC is just... dull. Incredibly boring film.

I have slightly reappraised Revenge of the Sith, it's really quite good. Just perhaps not quite as good as it should have been.

Revenge of the Sith is not as bad as made out. The issue is that you've waited almost 3 films length to get to the point where Anakin turns to the dark side, with not much at all going on in the first three. The first two are that disappointing that you just lump the third in with it too.

After watching the new Star Wars film for the second time yesterday, I've placed it Joint forth along side Revenge of the Sith.

• The Empire Strikes Back
  • A New Hope
  • Return of the Jedi
  • The Force Awakens/Revenge of the Sith
  • The Phantom Menace
  • Attack of the Clones

Whilst I enjoyed the film. It was fast paced and went by without skipping a beat. And it had some great performances especially from Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver, I just felt the plot was a bit lazy.

Too many things borrowed or mirrored the Original Trilogy. I feel like they could have done a lot better with it.

Too many convenient things happened too, but perhaps these might be explained in the future movies or filler books...

7/10

After watching the new Star Wars film for the second time yesterday, I've placed it Joint forth along side Revenge of the Jedi.

• The Empire Strikes Back
  • A New Hope
  • Return of the Jedi
  • The Force Awakens/Revenge of the Sith
  • The Phantom Menace
  • Attack of the Clones

Whilst I enjoyed the film. It was fast paced and went by without skipping a beat. And it had some great performances especially from Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver, I just felt the plot was a bit lazy.

Too many things borrowed or mirrored the Original Trilogy. I feel like they could have done a lot better with it.

Too many convenient things happened too, but perhaps these might be explained in the future movies or filler books...

7/10

Revenge of the Jedi? Call yourself a fan?

Fraud.