Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

SOTR min. Jesus

:clangers2:

Have a closer look at that one RAZOR. I think you'll find Boofon has fabricated this one! In fact I'm tempted just to delete it.

Disappointing for Murray to lose the quarter final records, but it's been coming. He's played poorly all tournament. Wawrinka would have smashed him in the quarters anyway. Fought hard out there, but just not good enough.

Have a closer look at that one RAZOR. I think you'll find Boofon has fabricated this one! In fact I'm tempted just to delete it.

Disappointing for Murray to lose the quarter final records, but it's been coming. He's played poorly all tournament. Wawrinka would have smashed him in the quarters anyway. Fought hard out there, but just not good enough.

Sorry SOTR min. Couldn't resist. :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Australian Open starts on Monday... unfortunately I couldn't get the time off work to go along this year :(

This is the best draw at a grand slam, that Murray has had in a few years. Might the best he's ever had! The number 2 seeding has obviously helped, but he's also managed to be drawn away from Federer and other big dangers like Krygios, Cilic, Berdych, Nishkori and Dimitrov.

For once Federer has been given an absolute nightmare - Dolgopolov, Dimitrov, Cilic, Krygios, Berdych in his quarter - That is horrendous. Shows just how important it is for Murray to retain No. 2.

Hard to look past Djokovic for this one at his best slam and on current form. Last year I think he actually opened up even more daylight between himself and the field. He has a straightforward looking quarter, but will play the winner of Federers horrific quarter in the semi-final. Would like to see Krygios break through at this slam. Saw him destroy Murray in Perth the other day in Perth and would love to see him get a shot at Djokovic in full-flow. However, likely the winner of that quarter will be on their knees by that time! So another easy route to the final for the Djoker!

A potential route for Murray roughly according to ranking:

R1 - Zverev
R2 - Groth/Mannarino
R3 - Sousa
R4 - Tomic/Fognini
QF - Ferrer
SF - Wawrinka/Nadal
F - Djokovic

Zverev looks a tough first rounder on paper - he's the top teenager in the game. However, Murray beat him in Perth the other week, fairly comfortably, despite struggling with his back/hips. A semi-final with Wawrinka would be an absolute belter!

Hoping Murray can find some form at the right time - was looking really rusty last week and hampered with injury.

:laughing:

I'm closest to your time zone you gype. Everyone else is asleep.

I think your prediction this time round is bang on the money for what it's worth.

:laughing:

Not much of a prediction though... Djokovic must be the shortest price for a major, since Nadal at Roland Garros when he was at his peak. Would be a massive shock if he doesn't take this one out.

Australian Open starts on Monday... unfortunately I couldn't get the time off work to go along this year :(

This is the best draw at a grand slam, that Murray has had in a few years. Might the best he's ever had! The number 2 seeding has obviously helped, but he's also managed to be drawn away from Federer and other big dangers like Krygios, Cilic, Berdych, Nishkori and Dimitrov.

For once Federer has been given an absolute nightmare - Dolgopolov, Dimitrov, Cilic, Krygios, Berdych in his quarter - That is horrendous. Shows just how important it is for Murray to retain No. 2.

Hard to look past Djokovic for this one at his best slam and on current form. Last year I think he actually opened up even more daylight between himself and the field. He has a straightforward looking quarter, but will play the winner of Federers horrific quarter in the semi-final. Would like to see Krygios break through at this slam. Saw him destroy Murray in Perth the other day in Perth and would love to see him get a shot at Djokovic in full-flow. However, likely the winner of that quarter will be on their knees by that time! So another easy route to the final for the Djoker!

A potential route for Murray roughly according to ranking:

R1 - Zverev

R2 - Groth/Mannarino

R3 - Sousa

R4 - Tomic/Fognini

QF - Ferrer

SF - Wawrinka/Nadal

F - Djokovic

Zverev looks a tough first rounder on paper - he's the top teenager in the game. However, Murray beat him in Perth the other week, fairly comfortably, despite struggling with his back/hips. A semi-final with Wawrinka would be an absolute belter!

Hoping Murray can find some form at the right time - was looking really rusty last week and hampered with injury.

I'm glad you said that!

Out in first round, Murray to win. :trophy:

• 2 weeks later...

She's a British citizen.

What's so strange?

She represented Australia at a professional level then decided to change her allegiance.

Wouldn't bother you if it was a male footballer deciding to play for Scotland though, would it?

Show me where I said it bothered me?

She represented Australia at a professional level then decided to change her allegiance.

Show me where I said it bothered me?

Your tone suggests that it bothers you, it's no different to all the England players playing for Scotland especially the ones that had played for them at youth level.