Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

Really tough draw for Murray at the US Open. Kyrgios in the first round, is the toughest match up he could have been given. Doesn't look too bad thereafter until the quarters, where he has very unfortunately been matched with Wawrinka. Federer also on their side of another very lop-side draw. There are always upsets at the grand slams, but to win the tournament he may have to beat Wawrinka, Federer and Djokovic... in a row.

Djokovic, by comparison, has an absolute stroll to the final and despite losing to Murray, then Federer in Canada and Cincinnati, must be the absolute red-hot favourite. I correctly backed him to win Wimbledon and I'm going to back him again here - the draw has been really kind to him this year and is a good illustration of why Murray needs to try and get himself back into one of the first two world ranking slots.

Being careful not to upset Boofon here; a potential route to the final based on rankings:

R1 - Kyrgios
R2 - Mannarino/Qualifier
R3 - Bellucci/Qualifier
R4 - Anderson
QF - Wawrinka
SF - Federer

F - Djokovic

Potential first round upset is Borna Coric and Rafa Nadal. Coric looks the goods and is the best teenager on tour. Rafa looks like he's got no confidence right now and coming up against a talented teenager with nothing to lose is, in the first round, a potential banana skin.

Really tough draw for Murray at the US Open. Kyrgios in the first round, is the toughest match up he could have been given. Doesn't look too bad thereafter until the quarters, where he has very unfortunately been matched with Wawrinka. Federer also on their side of another very lop-side draw. There are always upsets at the grand slams, but to win the tournament he may have to beat Wawrinka, Federer and Djokovic... in a row.

Djokovic, by comparison, has an absolute stroll to the final and despite losing to Murray, then Federer in Canada and Cincinnati, must be the absolute red-hot favourite. I correctly backed him to win Wimbledon and I'm going to back him again here - the draw has been really kind to him this year and is a good illustration of why Murray needs to try and get himself back into one of the first two world ranking slots.

Being careful not to upset Boofon here; a potential route to the final based on rankings:

R1 - Kyrgios

R2 - Mannarino/Qualifier

R3 - Bellucci/Qualifier

R4 - Anderson

QF - Wawrinka

SF - Federer

F - Djokovic

Potential first round upset is Borna Coric and Rafa Nadal. Coric looks the goods and is the best teenager on tour. Rafa looks like he's got no confidence right now and coming up against a talented teenager with nothing to lose is, in the first round, a potential banana skin.

As long as you don't come on and predict Federer's route to the fnal we should be fine.

As long as you don't come on and predict Federer's route to the fnal we should be fine.

That's the problem, you don't seem to be able to understand that it's not a prediction from me... just a path to the final based on rankings. Just an idea of degree of difficulty of the draw. If I could be bothered, I'd do one for Federer - I actually think he has a great chance this time. Very impressive in Cincinnati. Beat Murray and Djokovic quite easily.

I thought I read Murray had regained World Number 2 spot? What happened to cause him to lose it as I thought he was doing great in tourneys?

ank Previous Rank Name Country Ranking Points 1 1 Novak Djokovic Serbia 14,865 2 3 Roger Federer Switzerland 9,065 3 2 Andy Murray Great Britain 8,840

Murray won the Canadian Masters to move above him, then Federer won in Cincinnati, to leap back ahead. Murray is protecing 360 pts at the US Open, while Federer is protecting 720. Basically if Murray has a better US open than Federer, then we'll see another change.

I rate Wawrinka very high he just needs to win a few more competitions and i think he will be as good as anyone

He's not as good as the top 3 players. He doesn't have the same all round game. When his backhand is off, he's an average player. It's a huge weapon. However, obviously when it's 'on' he's capable of blowing away the top 3 players. He can definitely win the US Open, but he's very 'hot or cold' - so hard to predict.

Good win for Murray, in a really tricky tie.

I'm in the minority, that I really like Kyrgios - just doesn't have the maturity at the moment. Has the potential to be one of the best players in the world. Hopefully he can channel the madness that surrounds him, pull things together and start climbing up the rankings.

This is class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqZazPVWFk0