Israel/gaza Thread

vanderark14

Spam; you're very openly pro pally.

Would you concede that this conflict has two sides to it and the pallys themselves are far from blameless.

Agree or not?

I'm not pro Palestine.

Hamas are cunts

The PLO are sleakit

There are other groups in Palestine that are even worse and neither the PLO or Hamas have any control over them either.

Israel however are genocidal arsewips that are ethnicity cleansing an entire area. That in my book outweighs and wee rocket that never lands because the US have built them a nice safety net over the whole area

They answer a poke with a punch

They claim it's all in self preservation

Our government blindly back them and arm them.

We blow up entire wedding parties and go, "Pffft, no oor fault."

ISIS cut folks' heads off and go, "Haud 'at, ye cunts!"

ISIS at least man up and take responsibility for their own actions, while the west will happily murder an entire family but will then blame every cunt but ourselves.

You'll never see ISIS come out with some weaselly "collateral damage" shite.

Sad shit when murderous Islamic sociopaths are by far and away more honest than our own governments.

• Upvote 2

During the French Revolution some scientist cunt that was getting beheaded for the sake of research purposely blinked repeatedly after he had been decapitated. They reckon he was still conscious for 21 seconds after the blade had dropped. This stands up for a nice quick, sharp French guillotine; nae so sure if it is still the case with a hunting knife hacked back and fore vigorously by some ISIS twat.

The full story from the New Scientist - I hadn't got it quite right anyway.....

At one time in history, decapitation was one of the preferred methods of execution, in part thanks to the guillotine. Although many countries that execute criminals have dispatched with the method, it's still performed by certain governments, terrorists and others. There's nothing more final than the severing of one's head. The guillotine came about because of the desire for a quick, relatively humane death. But how quick is it? If your head were cut off, would you still be able to see or otherwise move it, even for just a few seconds?

This concept perhaps first appeared during the French Revolution, the very time period in which the guillotine was created. On July 17, 1793, a woman named Charlotte Corday was executed by guillotine for the assassination of Jean-Paul Marat, a radical journalist, politician and revolutionary. Marat was well-liked for his ideas and the mob awaiting the guillotine was eager to see Corday pay. After the blade dropped and Corday's head fell, one of the executioner's assistants picked it up and slapped its cheek. According to witnesses, Corday's eyes turned to look at the man and her face changed to an expression of indignation. Following this incident, people executed by guillotine during the Revolution were asked to blink afterward, and witnesses claim that the blinking occurred for up to 30 seconds.

Another often-told tale of demonstrated consciousness following beheading dates to 1905. French physician Dr. Gabriel Beaurieux witnessed the beheading of a man named Languille. He wrote that immediately afterward, "the eyelids and lips ... worked in irregularly rhythmic contractions for about five or six seconds." Dr. Beaurieux called out his name and said that Languille's eyelids "slowly lifted up, without any spasmodic contraction" and that "his pupils focused themselves" [source: Kershaw]. This happened a second time, but the third time Beaurieux spoke, he got no response.

These stories seem to give credence to the idea that it's possible for someone to remain conscious, even for just a few seconds, after being beheaded. However, most modern physicians believe that the reactions described above are actually reflexive twitching of muscles, rather than conscious, deliberate movement. Cut off from the heart (and therefore, from oxygen), the brain immediately goes into a coma and begins to die. According to Dr. Harold Hillman, consciousness is "probably lost within 2-3 seconds, due to a rapid fall of intracranial perfusion of blood" [source: New Scientist].

So while it's not entirely impossible for someone to still be conscious after being decapitated, it's not likely. Hillman also goes on to point out that the so-called painless guillotine is likely anything but. He states that "death occurs due to separation of the brain and spinal cord, after transection of the surrounding tissues. This must cause acute and possibly severe pain." This is one of the reasons why the guillotine, and beheading in general, is no longer an accepted method of execution in many countries with capital punishment.

Israel occupies the heights because, as previously mentioned, 40% of Israeli fresh water comes from the aquifers under the Golan Heights, not because some dude with binoculars can see for a few miles, nor because they form some impossible barrier for aircraft, shells, or missiles.

They first took the heights coz of the syrian arty.

I appreciate that fresh water provides a further reason to stay,

But the water from the heights is hardly essential to israel, I mean they could just drill boreholes or build desalination plants along their coastline, if they were short on water. The days of military campaigns in the region based around water supply is what the crusaders had to do, there are more options now.

The behaviour we see from ISIS currently is what stands to replace israel if hammas got their way.

Re the resolution of this conflict, Its very much a question of "what is the least shit situation" .

They first took the heights coz of the syrian arty.

I appreciate that fresh water provides a further reason to stay,

But the water from the heights is hardly essential to israel, I mean they could just drill boreholes or build desalination plants along their coastline, if they were short on water. The days of military campaigns in the region based around water supply is what the crusaders had to do, there are more options now.

The behaviour we see from ISIS currently is what stands to replace israel if hammas got their way.

Re the resolution of this conflict, Its very much a question of "what is the least shit situation" .

You think Hammas will go around chopping off journalist's heads?

It does not belong to nor has it ever belonged to Israel.

I take it back, you dont come across like a dick, you are a dick.

A clueless one at that

Steady on spam, you will run out of dummies and rattles at this rate ;)

I agree that Israel flouts international law and is often blameworthy via its actions.

However I am more comfortable with that, than I am with a state where the usual islamic ways would dominate.

- women treated like cattle and forced to dress in bin liners

- non-muslim women sold at auction (as per ISIS selling yazidi women for $150 a pop in an auction recently)

- non-muslims murdered and treated like shit (ISIS has been forcibly circumsizing non-islamic men, and beheading folk)

etc etc

You are right to criticise Israel at times, but you are not recognising the alternative to israel.

Look beyond the TV scenes of gazan wreckage.

Islam isnt a nice thing. Formerly, it was easy to explain away islamic savagery and bigotry via claiming that it was down to poorly educated people, often with genuine grievances about the world, from disadvantaged countries.

But increasingly we see well educated muslims from rich, first world countries turn to this barbarism. And no wonder, their ideology tells them it is righteous to rape, murder and kill, conquer, steal - to call it medieval would be to flatter it.

It was british muslims responsible for terror attacks in the uk; the ISIS guy who beheaded the american journalist had an english accent.

Where is the condemnation from other muslims? Where are the "not in my name" demonstrations?

(just like westerners often march against war and condemn their governments actions)

You think Hammas will go around chopping off journalist's heads?

A muslim from the south of england has just done so, why not a muslim from palestine?

Muslims tend to behave the same, wherever they hold sway. We can draw parallels in their behaviour across several countries.

ISIS beheads people, Al Queda Beheads people, the Saudi Arabian Government beheads people. Why not Hammas?

Hammas' image is very much sanitised, as their strategy is to present themselves as the poor little defenceless muslims, under the jewish jackboot.

Yet scratch the surface and we see the familiar reality (this from late 2012:)

To see how subhuman Hamas is, watch this video. It is not for the faint of heart. Earlier today, Hamas terrorists seized six Gaza residents whom they accused of being "spies" for Israel. The accusation was likely false, but we will never know. Be that as it may, the Hamas sadists pulled six men out of a van on a busy Gaza street, forced them to lie down on the street, and shot them dead. The mob of Palestinians that had gathered then stomped and spit on the pile of bodies. The Hamas men tied one of the six bodies to the back of a motorcycle and dragged it through the streets of Gaza City, in a scene reminiscent of The Wild Bunch.

(theres a link to a video - but I didnt watch it)
Where are the self-righteous "useful idiots" (who harrassed israeli artists in edinburgh recently), when hammas commit acts like these?

Steady on spam, you will run out of dummies and rattles at this rate ;)

I agree that Israel flouts international law and is often blameworthy via its actions.

However I am more comfortable with that, than I am with a state where the usual islamic ways would dominate.

- women treated like cattle and forced to dress in bin liners

- non-muslim women sold at auction (as per ISIS selling yazidi women for $150 a pop in an auction recently)

- non-muslims murdered and treated like shit (ISIS has been forcibly circumsizing non-islamic men, and beheading folk)

etc etc

You are right to criticise Israel at times, but you are not recognising the alternative to israel.

Look beyond the TV scenes of gazan wreckage.

Islam isnt a nice thing. Formerly, it was easy to explain away islamic savagery and bigotry via claiming that it was down to poorly educated people, often with genuine grievances about the world, from disadvantaged countries.

But increasingly we see well educated muslims from rich, first world countries turn to this barbarism. And no wonder, their ideology tells them it is righteous to rape, murder and kill, conquer, steal - to call it medieval would be to flatter it.

It was british muslims responsible for terror attacks in the uk; the ISIS guy who beheaded the american journalist had an english accent.

Where is the condemnation from other muslims? Where are the "not in my name" demonstrations?

(just like westerners often march against war and condemn their governments actions)

So now its OK because they are Muslims and may become extremists?

Awa tak yer heed for a shite min.

Clydeside_Sheep you come across as a fairly intelligent guy and you could almost convince someone of a similar mind to believe half the crap you come out with regarding this. You generally present a decent argument, however flawed the actual content and logic.

I guess you must have had plenty practice of this though. Beginning with your own brainwashing from a young age into Catholicism and your attempts to explain this to others.

Clydeside_Sheep you come across as a fairly intelligent guy and you could almost convince someone of a similar mind to believe half the crap you come out with regarding this. You generally present a decent argument, however flawed the actual content and logic.

I guess you must have had plenty practice of this though. Beginning with your own brainwashing from a young age into Catholicism and your attempts to explain this to others.

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think anyone is actually taking on board a word the mad bastard is coming out with.

• Upvote 4

A muslim from the south of england has just done so, why not a muslim from palestine?

Muslims tend to behave the same, wherever they hold sway. We can draw parallels in their behaviour across several countries.

ISIS beheads people, Al Queda Beheads people, the Saudi Arabian Government beheads people. Why not Hammas?

Hammas' image is very much sanitised, as their strategy is to present themselves as the poor little defenceless muslims, under the jewish jackboot.

Yet scratch the surface and we see the familiar reality (this from late 2012:)

To see how subhuman Hamas is, watch this video. It is not for the faint of heart. Earlier today, Hamas terrorists seized six Gaza residents whom they accused of being "spies" for Israel. The accusation was likely false, but we will never know. Be that as it may, the Hamas sadists pulled six men out of a van on a busy Gaza street, forced them to lie down on the street, and shot them dead. The mob of Palestinians that had gathered then stomped and spit on the pile of bodies. The Hamas men tied one of the six bodies to the back of a motorcycle and dragged it through the streets of Gaza City, in a scene reminiscent of The Wild Bunch.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/11/wheres_the_outrage_gaza_atrocity_edition.html

(theres a link to a video - but I didnt watch it)

Where are the self-righteous "useful idiots" (who harrassed israeli artists in edinburgh recently), when hammas commit acts like these?

An amazingly ignorant statement.

So on the basis that Catholics in America abuse children, Catholics in Ireland abuse children and Catholics in Scotland abuse children we can draw parallels in their behaviour across several countries and conclude that all Catholics are child abusers. That appears to be your logic.

Your criticism of the actions of some groups are commendable but your refusal to acknowledge the atrocities that are visited upon the citizens of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip displays either wilful blindness or an open acceptance that these wrongs are in some way justifiable or acceptable.

A view that appears to be explained by a brief visit to Israel in an air conditioned coach where you were told by an Israeli I imagine that the " evil Palestinians " would attack your bus soon as look at it and you should all be frightened of those " sand devils". No attack ever occurred but yet this has tainted your view on an entire nation.

There are volumes of reports and information available on the true situation in the area, such as the struggles of the residents of Bil'in, which you should perhaps avail yourself of for educational and enlightenment purposes.

Unless you are happy being an apologist for state sponsored murder?

• Upvote 3

So on the basis that Catholics in America abuse children, Catholics in Ireland abuse children and Catholics in Scotland abuse children we can draw parallels in their behaviour across several countries and conclude that all Catholics are child abusers. That appears to be your logic.

Your criticism of the actions of some groups are commendable but your refusal to acknowledge the atrocities that are visited upon the citizens of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip displays either wilful blindness or an open acceptance that these wrongs are in some way justifiable or acceptable.

A view that appears to be explained by a brief visit to Israel in an air conditioned coach where you were told by an Israeli I imagine that the " evil Palestinians " would attack your bus soon as look at it and you should all be frightened of those " sand devils". No attack ever occurred but yet this has tainted your view on an entire nation.

There are volumes of reports and information available on the true situation in the area, such as the struggles of the residents of Bil'in, which you should perhaps avail yourself of for educational and enlightenment purposes.

Unless you are happy being an apologist for state sponsored murder?

Indeed a comparison I drew previously when he generalised about Muslims.

How many kids have you fucked CS?

• Upvote 1

I am sorry if I offended you Monkey, but I dont believe my statement was ignorant.

Could you remind me of the muslim majority nation where non-muslims are not subject to severe repression or at least some restrictions on their basic rights?

It seems to me that, in the typical muslim dominated nation, women are subject to sexist domination extending even to what they wear, where they go and with whom. They are often denied education and even basic rights such as being able to hold a driving license. They are treated like cattle.

In the typical muslim nation, people of non-islamic religions are routinely subjected to political smears, terror attacks and mob-violence, purely based on their identity.

In the typical muslim nation, other minority groups, such as atheists and gay people, are subject to brutalisation, again purely based on their identity.

Sure, there are a few exceptions, but not many. The exceptions are usually because a secular military dictatorship (or military backed regime) is in place to keep a lid on the islamists. We westerners have been busy overthrowing these regimes for a while now and see the results.

From Nigeria, to Somalia, to Egypt, to Palestine, to Syria and Iraq, to Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and India, and even the Phillipines - we see muslims engaged in brutal repression of and/or terror attacks against non-muslims. We in the west have experienced muslim violence too, we have even had a man going about his business butchered in the middle of a street.

I dont claim every muslim is an extremist - i've met some lovely muslim people - but its very clear there is a stark pattern. its very clear there is an issue with islam, or at least how it is often espoused. Its very clear that islam often has difficulty in peacefully coexisting with others.

This is the reality, why is it "ignorant" to point it out? On the contrary, I think it is deeply misguided to ignore it.

Such sentiments have been very commonly kicked about for years now, I dont remember anyone leaping to our defence?

It is demonstrable that abuse in Catholic institutions occurs at a lower rate than both general society and similar organisations.

Additionally, the vast majority of this abuse occurred because certain men were sexually attracted to adolescent / teenage boys - nothing to do with Catholicism itself.

In comparison, islamic violence is directly linked to islam itself, its sense of superiority and its great intolerance.

It seems you can say anything about Catholics (nothing new in this country) but to criticise global islamic extremism is 'ignorant'?!?

I do acknowledge the suffering of the palestinians.

I also acknowledge their suffering will continue for as long as they reject a peaceful solution and continue to instigate violence.

And why do the palestinians get "special victim" status?

Where are the chanting mobs condemning the widespread Islamic murder, violence, kidnap and repression across the globe?

A view that appears to be explained by a brief visit to Israel in an air conditioned coach

My view is not based on that brief visit, I only mentioned it to comment on how normal/friendly everyone seemed to me there.