Gazza

zig-a-zig-ah

Hated Gazza as a player - represented everything I hated about England and the English media - especially after the Euros when he scored that fluke goal against us. But you've got to feel some sympathy for the bloke now. Thick twats saying he had everything and blew it are missing the point. He has psychological and sociological disorders that will never be cured. There but by the grace of God go many of us.... Cheers!!! :beer:

• Upvote 4

Hated Gazza as a player - represented everything I hated about England and the English media - especially after the Euros when he scored that fluke goal against us. But you've got to feel some sympathy for the bloke now. Thick twats saying he had everything and blew it are missing the point. He has psychological and sociological disorders that will never be cured. There but by the grace of God go many of us.... Cheers!!! :beer:

Well said.

I concur wholeheartedly.

Your 1st sentence is bollox.

Agree with the rest tho scrumpers

• Upvote 1

There's a boy fae my work that looks a bit like Gazza nowadays and he's nae even a alcoholic.

Was big on the Rock n Roll scene in the early 90's in Aberdeen and to this day he still gets favourable sexual experiences because of it.

Is it mr c from the shamen?

Or a member of the band that sang the day before yesterday's man and smile. Seem to remember they were from Aberdeen.

How many people have tried to help him? How many chances has he been offered with various jobs?

Some folk are just a write off. Dead in 5 years.

You said that a couple of years ago :)

Can't disagree though. He looks like an unwell 80 year old. Looks a bit like Benjamin button in those recent pics from last week. Bet bianca will look lovely in black

Hypocritical all these ex players and mates - sorry drinking buddies - now proclaiming he needs help, when in reality the time he needed help the most was 20 years ago before it got this far. The time they were probably out propping the bar out with him all in the name of BANTER.

No, I think you are missing the point. He has had help. He has had more help than many in similar situations. He hasn't reacted to it positively. He is a lost fucking cause. Do I feel sorry for him? Do I fuck, there are more deserving causes for my sanctimonious (non-existent if I'm honest) pity. The media are loving his demise - fills pages - and the X-Factor / soap opera guzzling masses lap it up. "Awww for Gazza, he was quite nice really."

Fuck the good ship Gascoigne and all that sailed on her.

Another poster lacking emotional intelligence and clouded by footballing tribalism.

Doesn't matter if he has had help or not CL.

He didn't get the help when he needed it; growing up. Its called an education and whilst you were lucky enough to get one he wasn't.

So perhaps think before you post eh.

Another poster lacking emotional intelligence and clouded by footballing tribalism.

Doesn't matter if he has had help or not CL.

He didn't get the help when he needed it; growing up. Its called an education and whilst you were lucky enough to get one he wasn't.

So perhaps think before you post eh.

Hahahaha - from the biggest bletherer on here.

And if you think alcoholism is in any way related to education, then you're even more stupid than your online persona makes you appear.

Fuck Gazza and Blurto.

Hey dinna get all offensive with me CL min.

Calm the fuck down.

You're probably form a sensible family and grew up in a sensible area going to a sensible school in a sensible family car.

Gazza didn't have such luxuries as a stable middle class upbringing and has been rich and famous since pre puberty.

He was not equipped to cope with that.

Its easy for you up there in your oil and gas job to cast aspersions on him primarily cause he played for the rangers but if your honest you'll see that he's from a completely different world to the one you know and really you have fuck all to say that is relevant to him.

And for that you should be grateful; not spiteful.

You know me about as well as you know Gazza, Blurts.

I would say Gazza's family life was probably more stable than mine, but I'm not the one looking for excuses so that is an irrelevance. Some people work through difficulties and achieve goals, others wallow in self pity and fall away. Gascoigne's lack of character has become his undoing - ironic since that is exactly what the press bigged him up for - his character.

You also know fuck all about my job, so there's another non-starter for this 'debate.'

And Blurts, you started the insults, I am actually well endowed with emotional intelligence - oozes out of me. :happy:

I feel sorry for him.

A stronger character could've overcome/avoided it but plainly he didn't have the education or support network to give him that character.

And I'll always be tough for a fragile mind like that when thrust into the worlds spotlight as an impressionable youngster.

I feel sorry for him.

A stronger character could've overcome/avoided it but plainly he didn't have the education or support network to give him that character.

And I'll always be tough for a fragile mind like that when thrust into the worlds spotlight as an impressionable youngster.

I'm not sure it's to do with character. A strong mind will only overcome so much.

You're missing the point.

I just don't agree with it. Having or missing an education doesn't give you an addictive personality. It's built within him. The fact it was probably encouraged won't have helped right enough.

"oh Gazza, such a jester, what's he like, falling over wankered, LAD"

The education will give him the ability to stop when things get out of control.

Dynamo min.

90% of the fuckups and bums in society are all from one social group.

I'll give you a clue.

Its nae the group that stay on till 6thyear and get qualifications.

Shite. There's plenty of people that have qualifications that end up in a similar situation. Obviously those without a lot to start with are going to stick out more as they have very little to fall back on. People from a higher class will still have similar problems but still continue to lead an almost normal life and hide it a hell of a lot better than the "less fortunate".

The education will give him the ability to stop when things get out of control.

Dynamo min.

90% of the fuckups and bums in society are all from one social group.

I'll give you a clue.

Its nae the group that stay on till 6thyear and get qualifications.

talk about sweeping generalisations ;)

Basically Bluto loves Gazza, he fell in love with Gazza and the English national team at Italia 90, can't handle the fact that his hero is a complete fuck-up, invents bizarre society/education excuses as a result.

And you love me

Following my every post with more of your site.

You're a poor mans me.

Pity you can't argue your point more cohesively, Bluto. He is a sad individual who can't help himself (or accept the help of others) but he was a very gifted football player. Much like Mr Best and I suppose Maradona to a lesser extent (in terms of fuck ups). Maradona was the best out of the 3 imo but all quality players...and Maradona looks like he'll live the ;longest.