Pet Hates

StandFree1982

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Must be raining fire outside, because I find myself agreeing with this. 

There's cunts here bleating about the cost of petrol... 4 bucks a gallon... and how it's a calamity on the scale of the Holocaust, if not worse, because it costs 80 quid British to fill your car's tank. 

So drive less, or get a more economical car, or use public transport, or walk, or get a bike, or a moped... you have options beyond crying that you're an adult who can't afford some petrol. 

in english, please?

17 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

There was a bird on the news, a nurse, saying she's skipping meals. You can get a big bag of lentils, some stock cubes, a bag of oats and 15 eggs for under a five spot. Enough for porridge, lentil soup and omelettes for a week. A grim way to live I grant you but there's no need to skip meals

Doesn't sound grim to me at all... perfectly good/healthy food. Damn sight better than McDonalds' chickenbits nuggets, for example. 

I loved quarantine... gave me an opportunity to cook different meals from scratch, rather than  'Call RC' or Grub Hub. 

This guy goes to extremes a bit, but it's proof of concept that you CAN feed yourself if you're smart about it and have access to even a tiny amount of cash. 

8 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

in english, please?

American Dollars, USD, proper money that the world uses to buy and sell shit on an international scale, as opposed to the cartoon money you have next to your credit card. 

Hopefully that's cleared it up for you a wee bit ??

44 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Doesn't sound grim to me at all... perfectly good/healthy food. Damn sight better than McDonalds' chickenbits nuggets, for example. 

I loved quarantine... gave me an opportunity to cook different meals from scratch, rather than  'Call RC' or Grub Hub. 

This guy goes to extremes a bit, but it's proof of concept that you CAN feed yourself if you're smart about it and have access to even a tiny amount of cash. 

One point I will make though is that fuel duty and VAT is a percentage so the government here could easily cut it, make things cheaper, and still be taking in the same amount of money.

I got charged VAT on my garage bill the other day. Fucking robbing bastards. Why should the government make money from someone fixing my van?

Guest milne_afc

You not VAT registered Moobs? It’s a fucking scam. Can’t be many cash businesses these days, everyone pays with card, apps n shit.

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

One point I will make though is that fuel duty and VAT is a percentage so the government here could easily cut it, make things cheaper, and still be taking in the same amount of money.

I got charged VAT on my garage bill the other day. Fucking robbing bastards. Why should the government make money from someone fixing my van?

Tax is a necessary evil, for the most part. I've gone to the lengths of voting to INCREASE the amount I get taxed on a number of occasions. 

I stumped for Biden, even knowing the auld cunt was going to hammer me with taxes, largely because I don't want to live in a country that resembles the third Mad Max movie. 

Living in a country that already resembles the first Mad Max movie is bad enough, thanks. If I see the Humungous, though, I'm upping sticks and fucking off to Canada. 

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Tax is a necessary evil, for the most part. I've gone to the lengths of voting to INCREASE the amount I get taxed on a number of occasions. 

I stumped for Biden, even knowing the auld cunt was going to hammer me with taxes, largely because I don't want to live in a country that resembles the third Mad Max movie. 

Living in a country that already resembles the first Mad Max movie is bad enough, thanks. If I see the Humungous, though, I'm upping sticks and fucking off to Canada. 

spacer.png

Aye but it's got to be fair though. VAT is a ludicrous, outdated, regressive tax that disproportionately targets the poor.

Get it to fuck I say.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I might hit the threshold this year. It'd probably be worth it for me but I don't trust myself to bank it and pay it on time.

If you do hit it, look into a flat rate scheme might work out better for you. 

The lack of cash is becoming a cunt, credit card companies know they have you over a barrel and are increasing the fees all the time. 

20 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

If you do hit it, look into a flat rate scheme might work out better for you. 

The lack of cash is becoming a cunt, credit card companies know they have you over a barrel and are increasing the fees all the time. 

Aye defo. I've noticed a few companies moving to 60 days to settle invoices as well. Total piss take, especially as its the bigger players.

No idea why they think people will do work for them for a few hundred quid but wait 2 months for the cash, especially in this climate.

5 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

There was a bird on the news, a nurse, saying she's skipping meals. You can get a big bag of lentils, some stock cubes, a bag of oats and 15 eggs for under a five spot. Enough for porridge, lentil soup and omelettes for a week. A grim way to live I grant you but there's no need to skip meals

I Ken plenty nurses that drive Audis and merc’s who moan about not getting paid enough. £25p/h they can get doing covid testing. Spoilt cunts, fuck them 

Guest milne_afc
25 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

a few companies moving to 60 days to settle invoices as well

That sounds like incompetence on your part.

Fucking insurance, that's another scam. Canna even get a game of walking football these days without a policy of some kind.

5 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

You'd need to spend another tenner a week on toilet roll though if that was your diet. 

On 4/11/2022 at 5:36 PM, manboobs109 said:

Canna be that skint or over worked as circa 1 in 2 are fat cunts. 

Thank fuck for Poods and cocaine. 

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

People who wear getting up early as a badge of honour. (Do you really need to be up at 0500 routinely on a day off)

Aka teuchters

Up early as fuck 365 days of the year on a mission to convince the world theyre busy as fuck and the biggest grafters in the world. 

The reality is the world just thinks theyre dull, miserable spastics.

• Haha 1