Pet Hates

StandFree1982

Guest milne_afc

Can you just clarify what a 'dms' is. Just so I know if I'm scum or not.

Direct

Mail

Direct Mail

DM

Normally a picture of my cock if she looks borderline legal

Fight scenes in films

Fights never last that long, I usually just skip past them as some can be up to 10 fucking minutes long. It'd be more believable seeing Tom Cruise windmilling into some baddie then rolling about for 1 minute max, before it getting broken up by do-gooders, both lads breathing out their arses

The move that annoys me most is the kick to the knee that the boy getting a doing on the ground does to get himself back into a fight - just wouldn't happen in a real street wrestle.

Plus, no one ever goes down with a cracking punch

And why does a chop to the back of the head/neck always knock people out? I'd turn round and laugh at someone if they did that to me.

Most realistic one I’ve seen is the shopping mall in Commando

When someone walks in to work 10 mins later than normal due to traffic perhaps, or in the guys instance who works here, he slept in... (nae me).

Some of the great banterous ones within the office say 'afternoon'.

What a fucking hoot.

Folk that are late for shit should be singled out though. Your colleagues wit is of course circumspect but there is no excuse for tardiness. Any excuse that is good enough to allow you to be late should in my opinion (IMO) exclude you from any work commitment.

When someone walks in to work 10 mins later than normal due to traffic perhaps, or in the guys instance who works here, he slept in... (nae me).

Some of the great banterous ones within the office say 'afternoon'.

What a fucking hoot.

Perfectly acceptable behaviour working 12 to 12 shifts. (Days not nights obvs)

The thing is, there is no start time / finish time which is specific - I tend to start at 7.30 and finish at 4 - the person in question is normally 8 o clock start, others 8.30 / 9 etc. As long as do the hours it's not an issue...

The person came in at 8.10am and got the usual 'oh afternoon' comments.

That sort of patter / banter is fucking awful.

Maybe he likes it and deliberately comes in late.

Best just stick the headphones on when you see him coming in the door.

A poor pet hate this. Mods should move it to the speaking shit thread IMO.

• Upvote 1

I used to work with an 'office banter' cunt. He was a fucking nightmare. Every time the manager appeared in the morning he'd say 'I wonder where she's parked the broomstick today' EVERY FUCKING DAY. Also managed to get in 'no sugar I'm sweet enough' whenever anyone offered him a cup of tea or coffee. Any opportunity for 'I'll have a pint of what he's had' or if he'd had the slightest accident 'and that's without a drink'

He used to sing a wee song 'she was only the fishmongers daughter, she laid on the slab and said fillet' about 20 times a day. The guy was a fucking headnipper, would send round chain emails with jokes then wander round asking people if they read the email and reciting the jokes. I honestly thought about poisoning him.

• Upvote 3