Wrestling Thread

robbo

I've seen video from the event when he passes out. Saddening. Also there looked to be next to no organisation at all when it was apparent he was seriously injured.

EDIT: Also that article is wrong. Mysterio never hit the 619 as he noticed the guy wasn't in any condition to take it and swung past him, completely missing him.

DOUBLE EDIT: Ahh, they updated the article. Missed that.

Fantastic main event! Total brawl and a perfect example of how blood can help a match.

The "Road To" was fucking terrible, but tonight was pretty damn good!

Looks like Taker/Sting, Rock/HHH and I'm really hoping for a Bryan vs Seth in a title vs title match ala Hogan vs Warrior.

Not a bad show i must say me old chinas.

Did seem though like they had to rush the last two matches due to running behind schedule,

The hall of fame the previous night was the same, meaning the main induction (Kevin Nash) was rushed.

Damien Mizdow couldn`t quite get over the line in the battle royal - shame.

The Intercontinental title ladder match was enjoyably dangerous.

Shame Cena won, i quite like the Rusev character.

Sting`s best match for yonks, slightly surprised he lost.

Undertaker looks healthier in appearance, don`t think his body can take many more matches though.

Was the final match always intended to end up being a cash in-triple threat ? or did they change the layout of it at the last minute as they were running late ?

Was the final match always intended to end up being a cash in-triple threat ? or did they change the layout of it at the last minute as they were running late ?

With Rock coming out and doing that bit with her from UFC I was expecting A Roman Reigns win, a cash in and Rock to scupper the HHH future plans.

Disappointed that Sting lost, HHH ego obviously not allowing him to win though.

Good show though.

With Rock coming out and doing that bit with her from UFC I was expecting A Roman Reigns win, a cash in and Rock to scupper the HHH future plans.

Disappointed that Sting lost, HHH ego obviously not allowing him to win though.

Good show though.

Not buying that one. HHH has lost his last 5 matches, if anything, he was due a win. Other than his win against Lesnar when his career was on the line, his last win was against Punk in 2011!

You do know that the fights are scripted Pudgie?

The fights for the most part arent scripted, only the winner.

The wrestlers know each others moves, set up for those moves, they both get to show their moves and get a run in each bout and then the decided winner wins but they dont rehearse the matches, they are done on the hop.

Not buying that one. HHH has lost his last 5 matches, if anything, he was due a win. Other than his win against Lesnar when his career was on the line, his last win was against Punk in 2011!

He hadnt spent 5+ years doing the Monday night wars against those though and the likes of Daniels last year couldnt fit the storyline if HHH won.

That was ego and bring out the old gangs, putting WCW against WWE and having WWE come out on top.

He hadnt spent 5+ years doing the Monday night wars against those though and the likes of Daniels last year couldnt fit the storyline if HHH won.

That was ego and bring out the old gangs, putting WCW against WWE and having WWE come out on top.

I don't think that Sting was ever going to win it. I'm not sure how much it took away from the spectacle either. He'll have known exactly what was happening and if he felt that he wasn't going to come out looking ok at the end of it then I highly doubt he would have been there. As we all know, he's been very protective of his image/character and I can't see this being the end of it.

HHH winning keeps everyone interested and wanting more and I can see them delivering. They've bought some time with me after a pretty damn good WM so we'll see where it goes.

The fights for the most part arent scripted, only the winner.

The wrestlers know each others moves, set up for those moves, they both get to show their moves and get a run in each bout and then the decided winner wins but they dont rehearse the matches, they are done on the hop.

In modern day WWE it's choreographed beyond belief. I'm sure each match, at least each TV match is gone over at length, move for move with the agent now a days.

In modern day WWE it's choreographed beyond belief. I'm sure each match, at least each TV match is gone over at length, move for move with the agent now a days.

Cena's been calling the matches with Rusev. That's one thing that's always bothered me about Cena. He's far too loud when he's in the ring. Kind of ruins the magic when you hear him say "right, duck this elbow".

And I'm pretty sure I heard Taker spends months rehearsing his matches with whoever his opponents going to be. I can see Sting vs Taker next year being phenomenal because they'll both be part time and have plenty opportunity to get it right.

Best mania in years, I thought.

There was a link going round yesterday to suggest the cash in was a late call, you can see Rollins mouth "Thank you so much" to Reigns.

Glad it went down like that as I thought it was mint, best main event at mania in years.

Cena's been calling the matches with Rusev. That's one thing that's always bothered me about Cena. He's far too loud when he's in the ring. Kind of ruins the magic when you hear him say "right, duck this elbow".

And I'm pretty sure I heard Taker spends months rehearsing his matches with whoever his opponents going to be. I can see Sting vs Taker next year being phenomenal because they'll both be part time and have plenty opportunity to get it right.

Did you see Cenas match with Ambrose. Could hear every word he was saying despite a loud crowd, boys crap.

Taker only starts training a few weeks before Mania. I can see a Sting v Taker match being the opposite.

Anyone see Raw? First two hours, awesome. Last hour, a horrendous waste of time.

• 3 months later...

Once again it needs to be said. The undertaker should Fucking retire. He looks like Droopy with died hair.

Haven't really been keeping up, too busy watching old UFC fights and Lucha Underground, but Taker coming back usually drags me back in. This time though, I read it was happening and just didn't give a monkeys. Unfortunately his time is up and I really hope WM 32 is his last. It'll be great to see him go out but it's getting to the stage where I hope that is sooner rather than later.