Aberdeen V Celtic Semi

111 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the semi?

• Yes. I can't wait for it.
    • Yes. I'm going as I feel obliged to.
    • No. I am choosing not to go.
    • No, I can't make it anyways.
    • Yes, nowt else to do on a Sunday (VDA)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that Inverness v Celtic is still to be arranged and Inverness will have to play this game before the split as likely to be crucial in deciding who is in top 6. Now Celtic play this midweek and then this weekend. Next week they play St Johnstone on Tuesday then us on the Sunday, then play the Wednesday after just 3 days before post split fixtures start.

Surely the only feasible date for this game is next Thursday before the semi? United were made to play Monday, Thursday, Sunday a few weeks back so why should Celtic be any different? There are no other dates before split fixtures start.

Get feeling though that SPL will bend over backwards for them and somehow hope that the top 6 is sorted after this midweek and weekend games if Motherwell pick up points.

So i am hoping United beat Motherwell tomorrow at Fir Park and Hearts beat them at Tynecastle on Saturday with Inverness picking up something at Killie. Would throw SPL into complete farce and Celtic have to play next Thursday.

Just bought 2 tickets, was out the country for the last semi and didn't even see the game on TV so slightly optimistic about this one.

Would be good if the stinkies had a trip to Perth and Inverness the week before it, can't see the SFA doing that, although surely they must be keen to get one over them after being made to look so stupid with Lennons 'bans' etc

I think it's a given that Celtic have 4 games in 8 days, ours being the final of the four.

Someone is smiling down on us.

Who gives a f**k if we lose to St Mirren, we've nothing to play for, perspective is required, and if Brown wants to keep most of the team in cold storage until a week on Sunday I'm in full agreement with that policy, the league is totally without meaning now.

Our season comes down to one game and I hope all focus is on that.

This fixture chaos gives us an outside chance.

I think it's a given that Celtic have 4 games in 8 days, ours being the final of the four.

Someone is smiling down on us.

Who gives a f**k if we lose to St Mirren, we've nothing to play for, perspective is required, and if Brown wants to keep most of the team in cold storage until a week on Sunday I'm in full agreement with that policy, the league is totally without meaning now.

Our season comes down to one game and I hope all focus is on that.

This fixture chaos gives us an outside chance.

you have a point but if the team continue to play like they did last night then more and more fans will become "stay away fans"

theres no excuse for lack of effort for a professional.

I'll be there with high hopes of a win, don't go to games that I think we are going to lose, wants the point of that, just hope we don't concede too early and we can find some way through the Celtic defence. The fans deserve a performance after the rip off which was the league cup semi. Come on boys, let's get behind the team, it's a semi final for god sake.

Not going after yet another embarrassment last night.

Enough is enough.

We will get murdered.

If we are supposed to get murdered in the semi, how will we get on against the huns? It could be the ideal preparation. Be interesting to see what team Brown puts out for that one.

Starting with Paton and Pawlett on Wednesday was interesting. Maybe he was giving them a chance to prove themselves. On the highlights Pawlett seemed to have a few nice touches, but Paton didn't impress me. He seems to give the ball away too easily. Is he a likely departure this summer? Could we get anything for him?

Since the team give no effort have no chance and none of you can motivate yourselves to go down to at least try cheer us on to our first final in years.

Then please don't bother going to the final if we get there. You will all have something better to do.

I'm nae gan. Canna motivate misel worth a f**k.

3 x reasons really.

f**king sunday lunchtime

It's on telly

The feeling of being completely crushed last time round is still fresh in the memory

If you took een o' those 3 awa, I'd be gan.

And aye.

I will be gan ti the final if we get there.

Affa sorry aboot that like.

I'm going.

Think a serious tactical shake up is required for this one. Perhaps a 4-5-1 may be the best option and try and pack out the midfield to stop them from playing. Just so long as we don't play a 3-5-2 like we did in the last semi-final...

From where i was sitting it looked more like a 5-3-2 or even 5-3-1-1. Either way it was plop and we got royally rogered.

And aye.

I will be gan ti the final if we get there.

Affa sorry aboot that like.

You're entitled to do that MH :laughing:

The last semi final was like turning up at a swingers party with your girlfriend and shooting yer bolt way too early and then all you could do was sit in the corner with a floppy cock, swigging from a whiskey bottle for the remainder!

This semi final feels like having a threesome with two stunners but you snort a MASSIVE line beforehand and then can't get a boner! (The stunners leave.)

Getting to the final and losing would be like going to the pub toilet and coming back with sherbet dib-dab all over yer nose! Getting to the final and winning would be like spunking all over a stranger's tits (literally)!

The last semi final was like turning up at a swingers party with your girlfriend and shooting yer bolt way too early and then all you could do was sit in the corner with a floppy cock, swigging from a whiskey bottle for the remainder!

This semi final feels like having a threesome with two stunners but you snort a MASSIVE line beforehand and then can't get a boner! (The stunners leave.)

Getting to the final and losing would be like going to the pub toilet and coming back with sherbet dib-dab all over yer nose! Getting to the final and winning would be like spunking all over a stranger's tits (literally)!

Well that's a few ways of looking at it i suppose :hysterical:

With our form, injuries, the fact its early on a Sunday and in weegieville against the league leaders does any c**t think we've got a chunce?

Realistically no chance whatsoever. But somewhere in my mind there's a very faint glimmer of hope that the players have some pride in themselves and will be galvanised to raise their game and for once won't bottle it.

spoke to a couple of tim ST holders today, these lads are convinced its going to be a thrashing and they reckon it's as good as a buy for them.

Hopefully there team takes this mentality, going on what we've got just now nae chance, but in saying that everytime we take these c**ts on high on confidence were usually prone to f**k up, no expectations on us what so ever, 90 mins we can maybe just fluke it.

Most of our fans think the same thing.

As long as we start well, and have some semblance of discipline and organisation from the off, then we're already in a better position than in any of the thrashings by them this season.

Can't say I'm confident, but they'll get plenty of encouragement from me.

Only chance we have is if Celtic players all take this attitude like we did against QOTS and that our players take the attitude of the QOTS players against us in that same game and have a go. Sadly just cannot see this happening, especially the second one.

spoke to a couple of tim ST holders today, these lads are convinced its going to be a thrashing and they reckon it's as good as a buy for them.

Despite our horrendous form and the fact we are of course massive underdogs i find that extremely cocky, arrogant and quite honestly really disrespectful to the Dons. It's a one-off game and i believe NO team in world football should go into matches with that attitude. We've all seen what can happen in this game.

Despite our horrendous form and the fact we are of course massive underdogs i find that extremely cocky, arrogant and quite honestly really disrespectful to the Dons. It's a one-off game and i believe NO team in world football should go into matches with that attitude. We've all seen what can happen in this game.

after they said it it kind of got me a little more pumped for the game, I know its against us and the current form points towards a thumping but we have to hope, just wish the players would get as pumped up as us. I remember having a look at the big screen at hampden last time, the dons body language was shocking, practically whimpering whilst watching the tim players.

Disrespectful? To one of the worst squads ever? 99 times out of 100 celtic would beat us, this sunday, i'd say the vast majority of them by 3 or more goals. Maybe this week we'll fluke a win but this team deserves no respect by celtic, its a joke.

Disrespectful? To one of the worst squads ever? 99 times out of 100 celtic would beat us, this sunday, i'd say the vast majority of them by 3 or more goals. Maybe this week we'll fluke a win but this team deserves no respect by celtic, its a joke.

Maybe our fans are right to feel short changed by this team, rightly so cause we know fine well they can do better but yes i do feel they are being disrespectful as there is no such thing as an easy game.