Aberdeen V Celtic Semi

111 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the semi?

• Yes. I can't wait for it.
    • Yes. I'm going as I feel obliged to.
    • No. I am choosing not to go.
    • No, I can't make it anyways.
    • Yes, nowt else to do on a Sunday (VDA)

Aye, we were sh*te last time, and Maguire virtually played the match as a left winger.

If Vernon can knock down to either left, centre or right I think its a tactic that will work well - coz lets face it there will be a lot of hoofing the ball up to him when we are under pressure.

Hartley will play if fit, and only Mr Brown knows if he will be or not Tup.........and to be honest he'll put his body on the line for the Red Army so I reckon he will start. Dezzy can fill in if he doesn't or he has to go off.

Magennis deserves his chance, but i take your point he is an impact sub - my point is we need an impact from the very start min.

Agreed - Hartley will play and need to get good start in this one.

My fear is that Brown will set up to sit in again and think if does that and invites Celtic forward they will destroy us on the big park. Another huge worry is that we are really reliant on Maguire and Aluko to produce any creativety we can muster and that neither have done anything against Celtic in the past and both have tendancy to completely disappear in these games. Let them off leash right from word go.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm defo recalling McNamee and Hartley if they are ready for it for their experience. Torn who to drop between Jack and Magennis tbh. Guess depends if go 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 a bit.

Langfield

McNamee Diamond Considine Smith

Magennis Hartley Milsom Aluko

Maguire Vernon

subs: Howard, Vujadinovic, Pawlett, Jack, Blackman

On second thoughts I don't trust Paton/Pawlett/Blackman/Jack to lift the game coming off the bench so perhaps might favour holding back Magennis/Aluko as impact sub knowing he can inject urgency and lift team/crowd

when Jack came on against the tims last time, he was the only one apart from Vernon who looked up for it

I'm defo recalling McNamee and Hartley if they are ready for it for their experience. Torn who to drop between Jack and Magennis tbh. Guess depends if go 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 a bit.

Langfield

McNamee Diamond Considine Smith

Magennis Hartley Milsom Aluko

Maguire Vernon

subs: Howard, Vujadinovic, Pawlett, Jack, Blackman

Probably go with same although have to add would be very harsh on Young who was excellent last night.

• Site Sponsor

If we take 8,000 to this game then the club should applaud each and everyone of us going to the game.

For the past 15 years we have had nothing but sh*te, sh*te, sh*te.

8,000 would be phenomenal to take to Soap City, on a Sunday with an early kick off and the game being on TV.

I live in Sydney so won't be going, but I will be watching. I've watched every stream available since I left Aberdeen, and I will will watch with the same optimism that I do every game. I hope all of you that go to the game, get the game you deserve. I hope the players that will be leaving us this year play the game the way they know they can. I hope that my neighbours don't mind me going mental if we get the result we all want.

Stand Free Folks, in 90 minutes anything is possible.

I'd like to see us line up like this

Clangers - I would play howard but I've no idea if he;s any good

MCnamee - if he can get off the treatment table

Diamond - I wouldn't play this neep if we didn't have to

Considine

Smith

Maguire

Hartley

Milson

Aluko

Megennis - get right in aboot at poof mulgrew

Vernon

thoughts?

Can I just reiterate, Josh Magennis has to start this game.

2r386cy.jpg

Got a feeling this lad is going to be our hero. In the absence of Darren Mackie, there is no one in our team who will be as pumped up as this guy.

100%. I'd maybe play him upfront as I think Aluko/Pawlett could do well against their sh*te defence.

Attacking

Clangers

Diamond - Considine

MCnamee - -Smith

Hartley

Pawlett- -Milson- Aluko

Maguire

Magennis

Defending

Clangers

MCnamee -Diamond - Considine -Smith

Pawlett--Milson-Hartley-Aluko

Magennis Maguire

thoughts?

I'm surprised we haven't seen Maguire bumping his gums about this one yet.

He has.

As said in the news thread - saddens me and sums up the loser attitude throught AFC.

My link

Chris Maguire eyes a 'miracle' against Celtic

Date: 15 April 2011

By Staff Reporter

HAVING suffered four defeats at the hands of Celtic already this season, one of them a 9-0 humiliation, Aberdeen are expected to end up on the losing side for a fifth time when they meet the Glasgow club in Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final.

They have lost at Pittodrie; they have lost at Parkhead; they have lost in the league; and in the league cup. In other words, as Celtic have the beating of them whatever the venue and the competition, why should the outcome be any different at Hampden?

Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire understands the general scepticism about his team's chances of reaching the final, and, when asked yesterday to look ahead to the game, did not attempt a lengthy argument on behalf of his team.

Instead, the 22-year-old said the club would approach the match in a calm yet determined frame of mind, conscious of the damage that has been inflicted on them by Celtic, but also confident in their ability to rise to the occasion, as they showed in losing by just a single goal to Rangers in the league on Wednesday night.

"We'll keep things calm just now and see what happens," Maguire said after being announced as one of four nominees for the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year award. "We know we're putting in good performances and the spirit is still good.

"We were unlucky against Rangers and can compete in a one-off game. You've seen upsets, and last year Ross County did it," he continued, referring to the Dingwall side's semi-final win over Celtic last season. "We won't shout our mouths off, but we'll be ready come Sunday."

If Aberdeen are to have a chance, Maguire knows that they have to get off to a more solid start than they were able to in the League Cup match, a 4-1 which was over as a contest before his team had really got into the game. "The League Cup semi was over and done with after just 15 minutes. If we get past that stage we're already doing better than last time. We didn't start brightly, but the goals we lost were too cheap. We now know what we have to do and I hope we pull it off on Sunday.

"I hope we can play well and pass the ball about as we have done lately. I think it's 19-1 on aggregate against Celtic this season. But, as Harry Redknapp said all this week, miracles can happen."

Maguire wisely declined to note that Tottenham Hotspur were unable to prove their manager's assertion, as they lost the second leg of their Champions League match against Real Madrid 1-0, having been 4-0 down after the first leg.

• Site Sponsor

0,,10284~3551219,00.jpg

some inspiration to you all, this could be our lot if they all grow a pair and stand up to these cretins

I was at that one.

I won't be at the final if we make it as my stupid nephew is getting married that day being convinced that it was the day of the Champions League Final.

However, I don't care just get us there for f.ucks sake!!!!!

• Site Sponsor

If Aberdeen are to have a chance Maguire knows that he will have to stop playing and behaving like a fud, grow a pair as big as the ones needed by Jamie Langfield and for once this season actually score when he is one on one with the keeper.

F.UCK we do need a miracle.

Okay I didn't do that right! Attacking 4-1-3-1-1 McNamee and Smith Full backs. Diamond midfield with Maguire free role, Hartley playing at DM, giving support to CBs and directing if his legs can take it, replaced by Young when he can't. Defending compressed 4-4-2 with Maguire Magennis ready for the counter

I was at that one.

I won't be at the final if we make it as my stupid nephew is getting married that day being convinced that it was the day of the Champions League Final.

I sent back my RSVP saying i'd be there... I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in us making this final, really hope i'm proved wrong.

I was at that one.

If we get there then I'd just go the final if I were you.