New Signing on Friday?

Craig Brown saying in the press conference on RedTV that there will be a new signing announced tomorrow.

"We started with the goalkeeper [in reference to Gonzalez] then we've got Youll Mawene and then we'll hopefully tomorrow have another one for you." - Brown's words from the press conference.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig Brown saying in the press conference on RedTV that there will be a new signing announced tomorrow.

"We started with the goalkeeper [in reference to Gonzalez] then we've got Youll Mawene and then we'll hopefully tomorrow have another one for you." - Brown's words from the press conference.

So we've signed Gonzalez then? So im guessing a random player tomorrow we've not heard of till he signs or one of the trialists? Perhaps Langley?

So we've signed Gonzalez then? So im guessing a random player tomorrow we've not heard of till he signs or one of the trialists? Perhaps Langley?

Brown saying the Gonzalez deal is 90% done, in the hands of Duncan Fraser now and one of the Man City chiefs. Gonzalez doesn't come back into the country until the 30th so deal can't be done before then.

Brown seemed pretty adamant that it wasn't one of the trialists who would be signing tomorrow, so could be somebody we've been linked with but hasn't been a trialist eg. Rae, Jennings or somebody like that. He doesn't want to say it will definitely happen, but he's pretty sure it will. Guess there's no harm in being cautious after what happened with the deal for the boy from Blackburn in January and what's recently happened to Zander Diamond.

Despite Pash rubbishing it, I think it could be Chris Clark that comes tomorrow, given what Christopher Harvey was tweeting today. He claims it was Craig Brown himself who brought up the idea of the player and not him linking the fact he's been to see the Pittodrie physio (if the post Pash made was true).

More trialists to come next week as well, presume a couple of them will be the boy Uchechi and the other Spanish lad Nunez. The trialists who arrived today seem to be the ones who probably have more chance of signing than the ones who arrive next week based on what Brown was saying in the press conference.

Watched the 'sports' section on North Tonight and only talk of trialists on it.

Issac Osbourne was spoken of highly by Broon, said a young goalie by the name of Craig Oldfield (i think) ex Liverpool, so has a good pedigree apparently and the Spanish dude who is technically very good, but they want to see how he fairs in the rigours of pre-season.

He also said as others have that the Gonzalez deal is been handled by others.

My guess is Rory McAllister.

St Johnstone have ended their interest in him, maybe cos he's agreed terms with someone else?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/st-johnstone/2011/06/23/st-johnstone-end-interest-in-brechin-striker-rory-mcallister-86908-23221379/

I would be happy to see McAllister come here, but I've a feeling it's going to be a midfielder signing tomorrow. It's just the way he said "We started with the goalkeeper, then Youll Mawene, then tomorrow hopefully we'll have another one for you".

Felt like he was going through the positions that urgently needed to be filled, like Gonzalez replacing Langfield, Mawene to replace Diamond and tomorrow's signing maybe a Hartley replacement.

Just watched this on Red TV. He wouldn't even say what position the player is that will hopefully be signing. By the sound of it the player with have a medical tomorrow then sign.

Loved the last 5 mins of the interview with Craig Brown speaking about the Team GB and Olympic pish.

He was really getting quite into the whole Team GB thing, looked like he was going to go crazy, he is very very against it.

Stephen Hughes anyone?

That's a shout. It will probably be one of the long list of midfielders we've been linked with recently: Rae, Jennings, Hughes, Musialik etc. You never know, it could end up being Stevie Smith!

I tweeted Liam McLeod to see if he has any idea, no response from him yet. However when I was on my twitter the Sky Sports account tweeted that Darren Potter has just negotiated his release from Sheffield Wednesday. Central midfielder, mid-20s and Northern Irish. Thought it was quite weird that should pop up, probably nothing in it but that could have been the little thing that was preventing Brown from saying anything was definite.

You never know, could be anyone...perhaps this is the signing Tup was on about last week?

My guess is Rory McAllister.

St Johnstone have ended their interest in him, maybe cos he's agreed terms with someone else?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/st-johnstone/2011/06/23/st-johnstone-end-interest-in-brechin-striker-rory-mcallister-86908-23221379/

Broon said he was on his radar but well down the list.

We canna be at the end of the list already.

Only way I could see it being him at this time is if he was to take circa

Hopefully he's not injury prone, past it or another loan signing.

I'd like to see us stabilise the team with some 3yr signings so we don't have another mass exodus of players. Sick to death of this constant revolving door...sign of the times at our level I suppose.

Another thing that grips my shi** is calling a loan player a signing, especially when only a short term fix with no chance of being taken on at the end.

fine n dandy, where's this "ex Hibs player" stuff coming from? Am I missing something?

Wont be Beuzelin - he bombed at Accies last season and ended up God knows where - well past it.

Wheres TUP about tonight as he was banging on about 2 signings last week or so and said he knew who they were :tumbleweed: come on then TUP tell us then :dontknow: i think it could be Richard Langley :scarf:

Would be a big step forward if it were to be Riordan as relying on Mackie coming back to score goals is just not going to be any good. In that vein I'd happily go with McAllister as well. We desperately need more goals in the team or no matter who we get in between the sticks, defence or midfield it won't matter. We've had that many midfielders on trial lately that it is bound to be one of them though.

So we are signing another outfield player before the start of the season after all? ;)

Excuse me but my comments were always acknowledging & complaining about the fact that we were ONLY signing ONE more outfield player & two keepers for season start & THIS would be that ONE outfield player :dontknow: What the hell you going one about?

If this is ANOTHER signing added to the THREE new players, two of which are keepers rather than included in the three you may have had a point here.

:crossfingers:

If CB is waiting for Smith, it might be nearer the end of August before we get him as it will be a loan only and clubs usually wait until the end of the transfer window before letting players out on loan.

I also think CB might be waiting to see what happens with Aluko, so am not expecting a left mid to be signed either

Reckon the unnamed player that might sign tomorrow will be a centre mid, or Rory McAllister