New Signing on Friday?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na, I just made the odds up as I went along to show that I'm firmly believing Stephen Hughes will be an Aberdeen player today, if not already.

How come you think so, is it just a feeling or you have some info? I really hope you're right, trying not to get my hopes up though

I didn't get it from thin air. It's what I've been told.

Judging by Tups reaction also, this could be one of the gadgies he was told about too.

That's how I took his Sherlock smiley anyways.

Well, at least you have come out and said who it is you've been told about.

Let's wait and see if you've been informed correctly...

Of course they do, why else would players sign for aberdeen

You look over statements from the past 20 players to sign for this club - i'd say 75% mention the history of the club.

You actually believe that 75% know about the clubs history before signing ?

Players for many clubs are given info from their new club/agent that they can role out in press conferences so that people like you swallow it up.

You actually believe that 75% know about the clubs history before signing ?

Players for many clubs are given info from their new club/agent that they can role out in press conferences so that people like you swallow it up.

I fully expect they will be given the lecture about how good the team was and a lookie through the old pictures before they sign........yes.

It would be foolish for the club not to sell the club as best they can to potential new signings, im sure they are also given the speel about how the club want to return to the glory days and *insert players name here* is just the man to lead us forward.

Cliches and soundbites. Irrelevant.

Put a ball at their feet, get them on the pitch, and then we'll decide whether they cut it or not, nothing to do with what is between their ears, having very little there can sometimes be a major advantage in fact.

For a footballer, obviously, not a messageboard poster.

given the utter pish signings we have had over the years how many have signed on short term contracts in the hope of getting a bigger wage elsewhere.

they dont give a toss about the history, all they are looking for is a wage packet.

Pa Broon seems to be the first manager in a long time to be taking the club seriously and i hope he gets the chance he deserves

they dont give a toss about the history,

Pa Broon seems to be the first manager in a long time to be taking the club seriously and i hope he gets the chance he

Utter clap-trap and two of the most utterly senseless quotations on here i have read.

McGhee, Calderwood and Skovdahl for all their faults at least had the clubs best intentions at heart.

Paterson was too blootered to care

McGhee, Calderwood and Skovdahl for all their faults at least had the clubs best intentions at heart.

Implying that Brown does not?

McGhee had the best intentions of Mark McGhee at heart, he neither understood nor gave a toss about the club or it's fans.

Yeah good shout boys it could be the big c**t Gislason

He looked pretty scary right enough, could see him snapping a few players down in Glasgow :angry2:

There's nothing on Wikipedia saying he'd actually signed a contract with Lillestrom, it mentioned the fact that Brown was looking to get him in back in January though. He appears to have played 6 times for Lillestrom so surely he's signed some sort of deal?

Utter clap-trap and two of the most utterly senseless quotations on here i have read.

Paterson was too blootered to care

Do you think players signing for 50k a week in the former Soviet States know about the history of Rubin Kazan ?

This idea that players know and care about a clubs history is laughable. Money is the prime factor as is the chance to shine to allow a move to a bigger/richer club. These players are doing a job.

Do you think players signing for 50k a week in the former Soviet States know about the history of Rubin Kazan ?

This idea that players know and care about a clubs history is laughable. Money is the prime factor as is the chance to shine to allow a move to a bigger/richer club. These players are doing a job.

Rubbish! There is no chance players as good as milsom and vernon have come to this club for money.