Madeleine Mccann

daytripping

She's the dominant one as well. Her husband's Scottish, yet the kid wears an Everton top? She rules the roost. Probably barks out orders in the bedroom nae handy.

Clearly the McCann's have sense when it comes to choosing football teams in England.

Quite ironic as well given it's the red shite fans who are murdering bastards.

I watched it last night, still can't get my head round them leaving kids that young alone in the room, something just doesn't ring true about the whole thing, Kate goes for a jog after her tennis, yeah yeah, you're there with 3 small kids would you really be going for a fucking run in the middle of your holiday?

More likely she took the car and dumped the body imo, the perfect missing hour.

Mummy why didn't you come when we cried last night.....and they still went out again that night instead of having the meal on the balcony.

I have never left my daughter alone, even at home to pop to the shop 2 minutes away, you just don't do it.

I watched it last night, still can't get my head round them leaving kids that young alone in the room, something just doesn't ring true about the whole thing, Kate goes for a jog after her tennis, yeah yeah, you're there with 3 small kids would you really be going for a fucking run in the middle of your holiday?

More likely she took the car and dumped the body imo, the perfect missing hour.

Mummy why didn't you come when we cried last night.....and they still went out again that night instead of having the meal on the balcony.

I have never left my daughter alone, even at home to pop to the shop 2 minutes away, you just don't do it.

the whole, tennis/running thing just made me think " cunts" but I'll keep saying it, regardless of what happened, I just dont think they deserved this....but fate works in weird and wnderfl ways......

EPK....this was day 5, they probably did the same in previous holidays, but as I said, 1000' of parents have/ will do this, but lets not detract from the crime that was commited....I let my 9 year old nip to the shop for the Sunday paper, its 100yds from the house, do I epect him to get into a ca with some strange bloke? no....but it has happened somewhere/sometime.....where do we draw the line in the protection with our kids? the Mcanns rightly or wrongly left 3 kids fast asleep 50mtrs away from what they believed to be a safe and secure property, they have paid the ultimate price for this, and I have nothing but sympathy for them, whatever the outcome or actualt story behind it.

I know its an open ended debate, about where do you draw the line, you can not wrap your kid up in cotton wool until they are 18, I am trying to let my soon to be 8 year old son be more independent, as I have been extremely possessive and rarely when he is with me is he out of my sight. but there has to be differences from letting you 9 year old go for a paper at his , your local shoppy, or 2 and 3 years olds being left alone in an apartment while in holiday. night after night,

I know its an open ended debate, about where do you draw the line, you can not wrap your kid up in cotton wool until they are 18, I am trying to let my soon to be 8 year old son be more independent, as I have been extremely possessive and rarely when he is with me is he out of my sight. but there has to be differences from letting you 9 year old go for a paper at his , your local shoppy, or 2 and 3 years olds being left alone in an apartment while in holiday. night after night,

Of course there is.

I'd let my kids play at the local park alone when they are a touch older. I wouldn't leave them alone in the house.

EPK, ive said it on here before, I know couples who have left kids in hotel rooms while they nip out for a beer or 3, I know couples who have left their kids sleeping in villa to nip out for a meal, I myself dont get it, but none of these parents do it thinking "what-if" and I dont believe anyone deserves this to happen to them.

watching the show last night, it seemed that they had a good routine of checking the kids, they were all concious they had to do it, they were 50 mtrs away, which in reality is feck all.....im suprised they didnt have baby monitors with them, they are paying the price for a bad mistake

The routine is what they are telling you happened, chances are this routine was never as rigorous as this.

Of course there is.

I'd let my kids play at the local park alone when they are a touch older. I wouldn't leave them alone in the house.

Certainly a sign of the times, when we were 8, you were gone for hours on your own, making hutties down the grounds, up castle hill, in the old gas works, collecting for the bonfire, rummling spooties, playing fitba in the street, on the beach. down the burning.

Now due to so much sick fucks, you have to be on continual guard to protect them.

Certainly a sign of the times, when we were 8, you were gone for hours on your own, making hutties down the grounds, up castle hill, in the old gas works, collecting for the bonfire, rummling spooties, playing fitba in the street, on the beach. down the burning.

Now due to so much sick fucks, you have to be on continual guard to protect them.

so more sick fukks now than then?

but, why would you hire a babysitter, someone you dont really know?

So I can have a few wines with my wife without fear of my children being snatched by some sicko or burning down the villa.

Of course there is a small risk that the babysitter (nanny actually but lets not split hairs) is some sicko herself but by going through a proper agency and ensuring the staff are all vetted and have a full disclosure the risks of a sicko slipping through the net are hugely reduced.

I trust my kids teacher as well but there are teachers who prey on children. It's such a small risk that it's normalised as no risk at all although it does occasionally happen.

I could drown in a saucer of milk laid out for a hedgehog given the right circumstances but the chances are it'll not happen and it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Hiring a fully vetted nanny for a couple of nights is worlds away from fucking off on your own and leaving a 3 year old to fend for herself.