Madeleine Mccann

daytripping

Same here rumpy

These guys wouldn't dare say it to their faces

They were sloppy, we all been sloppy, but its not their crime. Just thankful you don't have to go through what they do

and you're right, i probably wouldn't say it to their faces if i saw them paralyzed with guilt. presumably what you say to yourself would be worse than anything anyone else could.

but if they asked me what i thought? i'd tell them.

Nah LGIR

This happened cause someone stole them (assuming that's what happened). To say its their fault diminishes the culprits responsibilities

no, it doesn't diminish it. the person that took Maddy is absolutely at fault. and if ever found, deserves to be punished. harshly.

but the McCanns left their children unattended. i cannot abide lazy parents. and it's how they come across. people who wanted to go out and did, because it was convenient at the time. too effin bad. being a good parent isn't always about convenience. or what you want. this would likely not have happened if one of them, or even another responsible adult, had stayed with their children. i'm sorry. but i don't see it any other way.

Its sloppy pi parenting but I'm sure parents on here have done worse.

I just rt think no need for all the internet vitriol. Cheap nasty shots they don't need.

sloppy parenting? mmm, i'd call it something a bit worse than that. and perhaps a number of people on here have done worse. but didn't get caught.

the McCanns did neglect their children that night. and seem to not want to admit it.

i imagine there are lots of parents that neglect their children, but are never caught. some are caught and are punished. luck of the draw.

bad luck for the McCanns.

i hold parents to a high standard, Bluto. you shouldn't have children if you're not willing and able to pay attention and put some energy into it. they're children and they're counting on their parents for love and protection.

so the McCanns don't really get much sympathy from me.

Well I hope you can live up to your own expectations

I actually think it takes a lot not to be moved by their misfortune

Well I hope you can live up to your own expectations

I actually think it takes a lot not to be moved by their misfortune

believe me, i buckled and unbuckled my boy in and out of car seats for trips to the corner shop and into the shop with me for less than minute, more often than i can count. i didn't leave him at home. and i didn't leave him in the car. strapped in his carseat. no matter how much easier it would have been.

and i'm not unmoved by it. i said above, i don't think anyone else could say anything worse than what they're saying to themselves. but they, and you, seem unable to accept they played a huge role in what happened, whether they were involved in Maddy's actual disappearance or not.

hypothetical Bluto.

if it were a nurse, that was looking after your child (i'm assuming you have one or some, but if not, imagine anyone else in your life you absolutely adore), that had been out the night before, so came into work early the next morning, hung over and feeling like shit. so she just didn't pay attention. was too tired. and overlooked reading a chart properly, then gave your loved one an incorrect dosage that killed them. or brain damaged them permanently. she had a duty of care. and didn't live up to it.

how unforgiving would you be then?

Doesn't matter whats role they played

just cause they were neckin sambuycas and downing sangria at the bar doesn't mean they should have had their kid stolen

They didn't commit the crime, remember

the child didn't have to be stolen though. they left an opportunity for their child to be hurt in a myriad of ways. she could have choked on her own vomit. she could have fallen. she'd been up the night before had she not? so what if she were up again, walking about? and had she not been scared after the night before? why would you do that to your child? on purpose? what kind of parent does that?

Their problem is that they're not likeable.

Horrible nasally upper middle class whiny weegie fuck and not a gold digger as such but a comfort digger, a riskless calculating bitch. The fact that neither face had ever cracked a smile was pre-disappearance.

Leaving young children unattended is unforgivable. Selfish cunts.

Does not excuse the criminal nor reduce the severity of the crime.

it's not so harsh. their daughter is missing and likely dead. because of what they've done. i have no idea whether or not they were involved in the kidnapping/death of Maddy. what has been clearly represented in the limited amount i've read and seen is that two parents, seemingly without common sense, left three small children in a room unattended. irrespective of the relative safety (or not) of the resort, you just don't leave three toddlers by themselves. not even for a few minutes.

at that age, they'll get up to all kinds of nonsense. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to imagine them waking, and playing, or climbing and falling from something, or possibly choking on something they've found in the room, or any number of other accidents.

if they can forgive themselves, bully for them. but this didn't have to happen. this was sheer laziness and selfishness on their parts.

Knockout blow.

Our kid is six going on seven... I still won't even leave him alone in the car when I go inside the petrol station. That's about 30 feet max, with big glass windows where I can keep an eye on him at all times. That's all the opportunity some mad bastard needs to grab a kid.

I can't even fathom how a couple could leave THREE tiny kids alone, unsupervised while that couple fucks off out drinking... or not drinking... particularly when there's a creche right there.

That's not sloppy, that's negligence.

The point Ke1t has made about the creche is a very good one.

It was a Mark Warner holiday resort they were at and just looking at the child care arrangements at the resort;

Free Evening Activities

Creche 4mths - 5yrs

We run a supervised evening creche service for children aged 4 months to 5 years. The evening creche is open from 7.30pm until 11pm and welcomes you to bring your children along to watch a dvd on a comfy bean bag or play a board game. The little ones are provided with a quiet sleeping area, so their routine is not broken.

So it would appear that the crèche facilities may have even been free so I'm not sure why on earth you would leave the kids in the apartment.

Bluto pal, I think LGIR has nailed it on this topic, no right thinking parent would have acted as they did.

I know you have kids and would bet my life you'd never have put them in that situation at their ages, I once went to buy a computer from some bloke in Northfield about 14 years ago, I left my daughter in her car seat sleeping for about 2 minutes, I locked the doors but I still regret that to this day, as soon as I was in the house and she was out of sight I was bricking it, I even went to the window and watched the car, she was maybe out of sight for 10 seconds max but I so bricked it I never did it again. Looking back that was irresponsible, to do what they did staggers belief.

For me anyway.

I'm not saying the McCanns were doing the right thing - and certainly not something I would do - but a lot of parents have a more relaxed attitude towards childcare while they are on holiday. Whether this is getting pished while in charge of the kids or letting them run about with other kids unsupervised - it does happen. Yes, they were irresponsible. Did they deserve to have their kid snatched? I don't think anyone can say that is a fair punishment for negligence.

I think the conspiracy theories about their involvement are nonsense. They are a seemingly stable, intelligent looking couple. Anyone who has had kids knows what feeling you have towards them. To say the McCanns murdered or accidentally killed Maddie then disposed of her body is pure fantasy. A twisted story made up, which a bloodthirsty, tabloid loving public have lapped up. Folk that believe that type of shite need to get back to watching Eastenders or whatever other crap fills their lives.

I do think they were negligent, though I think the criminal in this case has yet to be found.

Bluto pal, I think LGIR has nailed it on this topic, no right thinking parent would have acted as they did.

I know you have kids and would bet my life you'd never have put them in that situation at their ages, I once went to buy a computer from some bloke in Northfield about 14 years ago, I left my daughter in her car seat sleeping for about 2 minutes, I locked the doors but I still regret that to this day, as soon as I was in the house and she was out of sight I was bricking it, I even went to the window and watched the car, she was maybe out of sight for 10 seconds max but I so bricked it I never did it again. Looking back that was irresponsible, to do what they did staggers belief.

For me anyway.

About 4 or 5 years ago me, the wife and the loon went to get our supply of vitamins and shite from GNC at a mall a few miles from here.

GNC has big glass windows like most mall stores, and while the wife was off buying the shakes and the like I was watching the loon merrily wandering around exploring the store, as any 2 year old kid will.

I wasn't standing right next to him, but I was watching him like a hawk, as he toddles up to the window inside GNC and starts watching all the people going by.

One guy stops and starts smiling and waving at the loon, talking to him through the glass. I'm about twenty feet away, watching all this, but made no move towards the loon, figuring the guy was just being friendly.

After a couple of minutes of engaging the loon's attention, this lad walks into the store and straight up to the loon... at which point he sees me walking straight towards him.

I gave the guy one of those smiles that isn't a smile at all, and the guy legs it out the store without another word or even a backwards glance.

Now my eyes had never left my loon in all the time he was under my supervision... the chances of something happening are probably thousands or millions to one, but if it took this guy maybe 3 or 4 seconds to walk into the store and up to our loon, presumably it would have taken about as many seconds for the guy who had been engaging our 2 year old to take his hand and walk him out of the shop. I'm estimating 10 seconds to get in, grab a kid, and get out.

Now there might have been nothing in the guy's friendliness towards our laddie, and maybe he took flight because a big, angry viking looking fucker was steaming towards him, butI find it unusual for a guy to show any kind of interest in other people's kids.. it's usually women who are all over kids... but assuming this guy had been up to no go, all it would have taken would have been for me not to pay attention for a few seconds, or not be aware of the stranger not engaging our loon prior to that, and he would have been gone.

My gut feeling told me that this guy was up to no good, though, even though when I told the wife the story I told her there was probably nothing to it and I was just being the over-protective father.

I don't need to go into detail regarding what would have happened next if I had looked up and seen this guy walking our loon out of the store though.