Aberdeen V Celtic

Club covering itself in glory by looking back at top 10 results against paranoid fc - most recent being over 20 years ago!

Let's not live in the past eh?

Really daft feature - highlighting how poor we've become and adding ammunition to the claims that we live in the past. Of course it is usually the club that blames us.

...made even dafter by the fact that there are at least a handful of recent matches which could have been included - the insane 3-2 game where Hignett ripped the pish out of Celtic's defence, the 4-2 win when Zander accidentally remembered who paid his f**king wages, the 2-0 'snowball' game, and the 3-2 win at the Spudbowl when John Stewart, who ironically looked like a famine victim, scored the winner in injury time.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...made even dafter by the fact that there are at least a handful of recent matches which could have been included - the insane 3-2 game where Hignett ripped the pish out of Celtic's defence, the 4-2 win when Zander accidentally remembered who paid his f**king wages, the 2-0 'snowball' game, and the 3-2 win at the Spudbowl when John Stewart, who ironically looked like a famine victim, scored the winner in injury time.

:laughing:

Brown saying likely be same players this weekend with Mawene, Fyvie and Clark likely to miss out again, along with Jack who is suspended. Could be painful one!!

Brown now saying Clark has outside chance of making game although wont have done any training. So in reality won't be fit regardless.

Aberdeen Football Club has MASSIVE potential.... A one team city in Scotland's most affluent region, with a huge catchment area.

And yet this board has failed on every level to bring in fans, investment or success.

We could be a force, but these f**kers run the club like it's Partick f**king Thistle.

I'm not the angry sort, but just thinking of how Stewart Milne and his board are artificially holding our club back drives me f**king insane.

It HAS to be deliberate... no-one can be THAT incompetent, surely?

I've had the conversation a few times with my old man, who's also a big Scottish football - but not an Aberdeen supporter. From his neutral POV, he always argued we were a victim of our own complacency. He reckons that, with Aberdeen booming off the back of the oil industry and the team successful on the park, the board got complacent and thought things would carry on regardless. There was no contingency plan put in place. They had things easy prior to the SKY football explosion and it was only after he left that we began to realise just how blessed we were to have had Alex Ferguson in charge for a number of years.

While Stewart Milne has to take a lot of the blame for inflaming the situation in recent seasons, I beleive things were going sour before he arrived on the scene.

I've had the conversation a few times with my old man, who's also a big Scottish football - but not an Aberdeen supporter. From his neutral POV, he always argued we were a victim of our own complacency. He reckons that, with Aberdeen booming off the back of the oil industry and the team successful on the park, the board got complacent and thought things would carry on regardless. There was no contingency plan put in place. They had things easy prior to the SKY football explosion and it was only after he left that we began to realise just how blessed we were to have had Alex Ferguson in charge for a number of years.

While Stewart Milne has to take a lot of the blame for inflaming the situation in recent seasons, I beleive things were going sour before he arrived on the scene.

I could be well wrong here but I was always led to believe that the reason we never got any big investment from the oil companies was because of Dick Donald. He was adamant that football clubs would always be run as family affairs and wouldnt need outside investment from anyone. Then by the time he was gone the oil companies werent interested.

I could be well wrong here but I was always led to believe that the reason we never got any big investment from the oil companies was because of Dick Donald. He was adamant that football clubs would always be run as family affairs and wouldnt need outside investment from anyone. Then by the time he was gone the oil companies werent interested.

I think you can extend this to the city as whole too. As a visitor to Aberdeen, you'd never believe the city was blessed with such wealth and prosperity these days. There are great pockets of wealth, the trappings of which are evident when you visit some of the suburbs and surrounding areas to the city... however, the city centre it's self is a dump and I'm always hearing stories about how the aberdeen city council has no money. It's criminal that this should have been allowed to happen.

Far be in from me to question Dick Donald, but perhaps with the benefit of hindsight, he might have been wrong. Provincial cities in Germany like Wolfsburg and Leverkusen have benefited in the long term from their partnerships with local industry.

As I said, as bad as Stewart Milne has been for AFC - perhaps lessons should have been learned even before his time.

I think you can extend this to the city as whole too. As a visitor to Aberdeen, you'd never believe the city was blessed with such wealth and prosperity these days. There are great pockets of wealth, the trappings of which are evident when you visit some of the suburbs and surrounding areas to the city... however, the city centre it's self is a dump and I'm always hearing stories about how the aberdeen city council has no money. It's criminal that this should have been allowed to happen.

Far be in from me to question Dick Donald, but perhaps with the benefit of hindsight, he might have been wrong. Provincial cities in Germany like Wolfsburg and Leverkusen have benefited in the long term from their partnerships with local industry.

As I said, as bad as Stewart Milne has been for AFC - perhaps lessons should have been learned even before his time.

urban myth.

these areas and suburbs you talk of are evident in all major cities.

Chris Anderson had the vision of Sky and all the trappings years before it came to fruition.

Sadly for Aberdeen Football Club that visionary was taken before his time.

That's what f**ked AFC. That and 11th May 1991. :ThumbsDown:

urban myth.

these areas and suburbs you talk of are evident in all major cities.

How is it an urban myth if it's true?

Aberdeen has some of the richest postcodes in the UK and the most millionaires per head of population outside Kensington or similar (can't be arsed checking stats, but it's close enough).

Boofon - how do you know fyvie is fit for Sunday?

Purely guesswork I'm afraid. Thought he was out last week with a little niggle.

Fyvie not fit, was watching training yesterday and he was nowhere to be seen. Physio had Mawene Langfield and Folly over with him.

Guess looks to be wrong then unless Fyvie was away doing something else. :dontknow:

That's us joint bottom now Caley have a point. (In Stoney's half empty eyes anyway) :laughing:

We'll defo be bottom come 3 pm tomorrow if we get humped as expected.

Sooooooo good to be a Dandy.

Thank you Mr Milne.

When was the last time we actually heard anything from him with regards AFC?

Except for the usual sh*te about us having to move to the new stadium.

Sick to the back teeth of this club & how it's been run so far into the ground, it'll pop up again through some volcano in Hawaii or more likely Iceland.

We haven't even played Today & the club is getting me down even more.

I'm done until some sort or miracle happens behind the scenes at AFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supporter apathy is peaking. We really are in the doldrums now.

This would be the most excellent moment for Brown, Knox and their team to step up and pull a surprise result out of the bag.

Not just a lucky goal and backs against the wall for 89 mins job but a tactically sound, motivated performance from all 11 players, passing the ball, creating and taking our chances to get a deserved win.

:nutso: