Mark Mcghee In The Sunday Herald

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never let the fact he's a useless cunt who fell out with everyone the moment he walked in the door having said he'd have preferred Celtic and employed a pair of tinks as his coaches get in the way of a complete non-story.

He didna want to be here, so it's no surprise he's a bitter cunt now, fuck him, he'll be cheering on Celtic today, typical weegie downmarket rag nonsense designed to unsettle Aberdeen.

They must be worried we're getting stronger and are using their tried and tested muck raking methods to try and undermine us.

Let's beat the bastards today and send out a message.

Fuck mcghee. I have no interest in his excuses. He was an abysmal manager for us and his signing policy baffled from the word go despite some telling us it was the best transfer window ever. It will take us a good few seasons to recover from his utter shitness and if he was still in charge at the end of last season i have no doubt relegation would have been a very, very real possibility. How anyone can defend him and his tenure at our club is beyond my comprehension.

Off the bbc web site.

Former Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee says chairman Stewart Milne lacked leadership and the club was full of negativity. (Sunday Herald)

Haven't read the story or any quotes & it's likely full of bitter & twisted views from him but to be fair to him (if he said the above bit in bold) I couldn't argue with that point though.

Saw someone post this quote in Aberdeen mad...

" The new generation of Aberdeen supporters couldn't give a monkeys about Mark McGhee and the Gothenburg greats. I could have been someone they had never heard of walking in the door, the past was of no relevance whatsoever. Aberdeen is full of drainers."

:blahblah1:

Complete drivel. I don't know what 'the new generation of Aberdeen supporters' have got to do with a 9-0 pumping.

Suggest some of you put away the hatchet and consider the possibility that some of what he says about Milne and leadership is exactly what is at the root of the problems AFC has had over the last 15 or however many years

McGhee didn't do himself any favours while he was here, however, I tend to agree with you there Red Loon

Intersting artcile in the sense that it confirms what we all thought.

"Sunday, we don't train on Sundays"

Kerr, Diamond, Mulgrew, Maguire springs to mind. Tumours that have thankfully been cut out.

Mcghee did himself no favours however factors seemed to contrive against him.

Hopefully now with the like of Osbourne/Arnasen/Mawene we have experienced pros and this situation won't happen again.

Hopefully now with the like of Osbourne/Arnasen/Mawene we have experienced pros and this situation won't happen again.

Yep, players that a manager as experienced as McGhee should have been able to bring in. Instead we got Folly, McArdle, Ifil, Magennis, Mark Howard etc etc.

But I do tend to agree with some of what he says. It's just that in Scotland, in a tight league, you don't get time to turn clubs over. The fact that McInness was the longest serving SPL manager tells you that.

I applauded the 4-3-3, the sunday training, and especially the alcohol ban. McGhee needed time to sort out the cancers at our club, but the fact that he was making a complete horses arse of the job he was employed to do, culiminating in the sickening 9-0 loss at Tinkville, meant he can have NO complaints about getting his P45

Saw someone post this quote in Aberdeen mad...

" The new generation of Aberdeen supporters couldn't give a monkeys about Mark McGhee and the Gothenburg greats. I could have been someone they had never heard of walking in the door, the past was of no relevance whatsoever. Aberdeen is full of drainers."

:blahblah1:

Why change what was said or take it out of context? You, (or who ever on Mad) even put it all within one quote. This makes you (or whoever) bitter & twisted also :dontknow:

He wasn't talking about Aberdeen fans or the city in this context, he was speaking about people that are running the club

This is what he said from the story I read & I'm not shifting quotes about to suit & putting it all within one quote or sentence cos that's falsifying what he said.

McGHEE’s sigh comes from deep in the diaphragm. “You get people who enthuse a room. You know them and catch their enthusiasm. Coisty [Ally McCoist] is one. Then you get other people who suck the life out of a room. Aberdeen is full of people who are drainers. Until it’s cleared out and there’s a freshness about it, it’s not going to get any better. And no-one, not even Craig Brown, who’s a good manager, can do anything until they change that.”

Why change what was said or take it out of context? You, (or who ever on Mad) even put it all within one quote. This makes you (or whoever) bitter & twisted also :dontknow:

He wasn't talking about Aberdeen fans or the city in this context, he was speaking about people that are running the club

This is what he said from the story I read & I'm not shifting quotes about to suit & putting it all within one quote or sentence cos that's falsifying what he said.

McGHEE

McGHEE

McGHEE