Dons Fans Charter Plane To Watch Man Utd

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/editors-choice/2011/11/07/rich-aberdonians-charter-plane-to-follow-hero-alex-ferguson-man-utd-86908-23544122/

thoughts??

I've had the odd email from people I know asking me to go to this, usually when its a meaningless group game in the CL when they have already qualified.

I'm with Roberto when it comes to the fergie excuse for following MAn Utd. Would these same aberdeen fans do the same if he'd gone to Rangers?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my scene but know a few folk who do that flight, usually unfortunate enough to be stuck at the airport bar with them, flashing their season tickets at every other oppertunity and if you didnt know they were season ticket holders before meeting them you certainly did after.

Not my cup of tea. Each to their own, most folk i know have an english team but zero reason for supporting them, one of my mates goes to watch leeds, spurs and watford on a regular basis. Dont see the problem if it keeps folk happy.

I have been on a chartered flight to OT through my old job. It was a great day out. Fly down sat morning, get picked up from airport and taken for lunch and then a canal boat to OT.

We took 4 of our top clients and they loved it. I have no effection for Man Utd but enjoyed my free day out.

Don't agree with guys who do this rather than support Aberdeen though. Think they need a slap.

I'd like to know what constitutes value for money. Sure they get to see pretty football but is that all fans look for now? Maybe stoney and others who have been can confirm but I've heard OT can be as dull as dish water most saturdays and the games aren't exactly end to end entertaining affairs? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Read that part then gave up, I doubt many of them are rich, also don't see the problem with it.

Me too, I read the headline from the Daily Record, and I immediately knew the wages of the fans concerned. :itch-chin:

Anyway, surely the phrase "more money than sense" was invented for folk who do this on a regular basis.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/editors-choice/2011/11/07/rich-aberdonians-charter-plane-to-follow-hero-alex-ferguson-man-utd-86908-23544122/

thoughts??

I've had the odd email from people I know asking me to go to this, usually when its a meaningless group game in the CL when they have already qualified.

I'm with Roberto when it comes to the fergie excuse for following MAn Utd. Would these same aberdeen fans do the same if he'd gone to Rangers?

Thats the way football has gone.

75000 at Old Trafford on Saturday. there will have been this plane from Aberdeen as well as planes from Norway, Denmark, loads of Asians all over for a game.

It's sad.

Thats the way football has gone.

75000 at Old Trafford on Saturday. there will have been this plane from Aberdeen as well as planes from Norway, Denmark, loads of Asians all over for a game.

It's sad.

it is quite sad that the modern fan can only latch themselves to successful clubs. obviously its always been the case theat bigger teams have larger followings but its at a larger scale now.

these lads are no different than some of the OF fans some of us like to slag off.,

I'd like to know what constitutes value for money. Sure they get to see pretty football but is that all fans look for now? Maybe stoney and others who have been can confirm but I've heard OT can be as dull as dish water most saturdays and the games aren't exactly end to end entertaining affairs? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Believe it or not in all my travels watching united i cant recall there being a time when i was there on a saturday as was always at an aberdeen game. From memory champions league games were quite good but that was helped a lot by the away fans. Out of the league games they were all midweeks or sunday afternoons and always quite big games (arsenal, chelsea, spurs etc) depended on where i was sitting, east upper is a fucking joke of a stand, where all the day trippers are, zero atmosphere, also quite poor on the south stand where its mostly old timers. And north stand tier 2 was always a bit dissapointing.

I was lucky enough to always be sitting with a group of guys who liked a song. I had a few up for the testimonial a few years back and they couldnt believe how shit the atmosphere was up here.

I met a random "Dundee United Supporter" who did this on a fairly regular basis in the local one day.

His excuse was the quality on show at Tannadice was poor.

I didn't argue with that, but he did take exception to me pointing out that perhaps the fare wouldn't be quite so poor if gloryhunters like him chose to spend the same money on their local team - perhaps hiring a box for his pals to have a jolly etc.

I was pissed at the time, so don't have a great deal of recollection, but my pal who was there thinks he was extremely upset at my less than diplomatic language.

----

As I said to him, I don't mind what you spend your money on - just don't call yourself a [insert Scottish club} fan - because you're not.

Believe it or not in all my travels watching united i cant recall there being a time when i was there on a saturday as was always at an aberdeen game. From memory champions league games were quite good but that was helped a lot by the away fans. Out of the league games they were all midweeks or sunday afternoons and always quite big games (arsenal, chelsea, spurs etc) depended on where i was sitting, east upper is a fucking joke of a stand, where all the day trippers are, zero atmosphere, also quite poor on the south stand where its mostly old timers. And north stand tier 2 was always a bit dissapointing.

I was lucky enough to always be sitting with a group of guys who liked a song. I had a few up for the testimonial a few years back and they couldnt believe how shit the atmosphere was up here.

well it was a testimonial. not exactly going to be bouncing

The fact the west coast press is diliberatly antagonising us?

Aye, you're spot on VDA.

So like I say the best approch is ignore the cunts and nae get wound up about it.

nobody is being wound up and we should put aside the reasons behind the article and who printed it. we should be looking at why its happening and why fans don;t want to go any more.

nobody is being wound up and we should put aside the reasons behind the article and who printed it. we should be looking at why its happening and why fans don;t want to go any more.

I'd say for this lot at least vda it has more to do with bragging rights over their friends on a Monday than anything else, saying you went to Old Trafford sounds better in the office than PIttodrie. They'll go to Old Trafford 4, 5 or even 6 times a year at an average price of