Top Given Names In Scotland

vanderark14

Someone was telling me on Friday night that somebody they knew in Aberdeen had recently called their kid Blaze. First time I have ever heard that name.

Hopefully it's not ollie, otherwise he may go on to play for the Dons, at which stage the fans will be asking themselves 'is Blaze in squad?' for today's match, in pre-match hostelries.

I am disappointed that my great name doesn't make the top 100 when the following do:

Ethan

Aaron

Oliver

Riley

Dylan

Finlay

Alfie

Jayden

Mason

Tyler

Joshua

Noah

Jacob

Kai

Caleb

Benjamin

Leon

Rhys

Aidan

Kayden

Arran

Oscar

Kaiden

Finn

Kian

Muhammed

Mohammed

Isaac

Lennon

Zak

Luca

Declan

Hamish

Ciaran

Cody

Jude

Seriously, what a ridiculous population of parents we must have,

It's because of brain-dead cunts that watch too much One Tree Hill and TOWIE, and have never seen the inside of a newspaper, but read Heat religiously every week.

I don't know where all the Kayden, Jayden and the likes come from but I guessed that.

Can't believe that in 2011, 177 sets of parents (or single parents quite possibly) decided that they wanted to name their kid Kai, just because the Rooneys did. It even fell 8 places this year...

Define normal.

George, Robert, John, Ian, James, Willie or David are examples of sheer normality.

I love old school bird's names, old wifies these days, Alexandrina, Robertina, all that jazz, magic, same name as their faither and brither but simply add 'ina' on to the end, genius.

My faither calls his brother 'Geordig' as a slang term for George, which I also think is magic.

You also have the Mclatchie twin girls from the Greenock area - Armani and Versace.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ion/8243684.stm

Anyway your kid will be a cunt if it has a certain name according to the article above. The girls names I can understand as they all sound horrendous but the boys names I'm not so sure, with the exception of Brandon. That's too much for me I'm afraid and I would label thee a cunt.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">NAUGHTIEST NAMESCallumConnorJackDanielBrandonCharlieChelseaCourtneyChardonnayAleishaCaseyCrystal

My name is different in that it's not as common as other names.

If by ''not as common'', you mean the frequency with which it occurs in the population relative to all other names in the population, then i would disagree. Your name is common as muck mate. It was number 12 in this years list:

1) Lilly

2) Emily

3) Isabella

4) Sophia

5) Isabelle

6) Sophie

7) Ava

8) Grace

9) Ruby

10) Freya

11) Lucy

12) Niall

13) Evie

14) Jessica

15) Amelia

If by ''not as common'', you mean the frequency with which it occurs in the population relative to all other names in the population, then i would disagree. Your name is common as muck mate. It was number 12 in this years list:

1) Lilly

2) Emily

3) Isabella

4) Sophia

5) Isabelle

6) Sophie

7) Ava

8) Grace

9) Ruby

10) Freya

11) Lucy

12) Niall

13) Evie

14) Jessica

15) Amelia

Still a 11 other names more popular than it and i bet most of those 'Niall' actually pronounce it 'Neil' if they do then they are cunts.